Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Just to inform you guys, that yesterday i did a fresh new install of WinXP and i decided not to install ULI intregrated drivers and my system is runing fast and smooth.

Made same benchs on my WD Raptors Raid0 and the scores are the same as before when i had my system with the ULI intregrated drivers. So i believe that the SO drivers do the job as well as the ULI drivers, maybe even more stable.

As some of you know, i didn't had the same amount of issues as many of you did or still have with the ULI Raid controler, but even so i decided to try. I will keep my system away from the ULI intregrated drivers, until i realize that i'm loosing something...

Until now everything looks perfect and stable as a rock! Love this board. :sweat:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never could understand why people had to have 300HTT etc...it's all about CPU Mhz with A64's and not memory bandwidth or HTT speeds etc. ...

;)

I totally hear you, especially when you over clock RAM and or a GPU and only get a 2 or 3 frames faster in your favorite game. Even over clocking the CPU is not all that, it’s nice to take my FX60 2.6GHz CPU to 3GHz but it’s only almost stable and is very hot for my liking.

My deal is that I spent over three grand almost three months ago and just last weekend had some time to play some Oblivion. :( Granted I don’t have much time to mess with this stuff, I’ve never tried over clocking before and I started out with the ASUS board and it’s stuttering in games even with no over clock even with the BOIS after the one that was to fix that.

So I’m at 2.9GHz and mostly just to make myself feel better now that the 2.8GHz FX62 is here.

I'm still having the same m5288 errors, updated to the latest beta bios and I have never used the uli raid controller utility..

The m5288 error hapens twice under the HDTach benchmark(after a fresh reboot)

m5288_errors.JPG

-Toby

I'm having the same problems. I just got the new mobo lastnight but have been following this thread for the past week.

Here's a question: Under the Ali drive in Device Manager it says that I'm using a Windows Driver from 2001? Is this correct? I was kind of expecting something like "ULI" or "Nvidia". I know I installed the drivers on the disk during Windows install and later installed the 220 ULI's off Nvidia's site. Anyway to change this w/o a full reformat or is this normal?

I'm still having the same m5288 errors, updated to the latest beta bios and I have never used the uli raid controller utility..

The m5288 error hapens twice under the HDTach benchmark(after a fresh reboot)

m5288_errors.JPG

-Toby

You mean, you made a fresh install of the SO, didn't installed the ULI intregraded drivers and you still have issues regarding the hard drives?!

If that's the case, then i must say, you and others have something wrong in your system hardware setup.

Believe me, my system is stable as a rock, i play, i bench, i work if some applications at the same time, everything works perfect without a single error ou issue.

I don't know what to say more...

I'm just happy that I finally got this darn board to do the things I always expected it to do

the 5/23 bios is great....but it isn't the final chapter in this board's story...let's hope that Oskar keeps cranking out the fixes for this board while he works on teh AM2/Conroe boards.

You mean, you made a fresh install of the SO, didn't installed the ULI intregraded drivers and you still have issues regarding the hard drives?!

If that's the case, then i must say, you and others have something wrong in your system hardware setup.

Believe me, my system is stable as a rock, i play, i bench, i work if some applications at the same time, everything works perfect without a single error ou issue.

I don't know what to say more...

Well my XP installation is about 1 month old and the errors has always been there..

But don't think a fresh install of XP would help in my or in any other cases..

Guess I'm going to have to live with those small hickups once in a while..

-Toby

Ok,

to help everyone out I've posted my 270 HTT dual core overclock in the database, to prove it's not bs..

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...newpost&t=10195

To be honest I run my ram tighter than that at the speed for 24/7 use, but as I was stress testing I decided to let it loose a little, so more is possible, I think I've proven the overclock though...

There are a few settings out of sync with AG, the MMOS and PMOS can probably be relaxed to 20, which is what I normally use. I just set them to 31 as I was away at work for the 11 hours of the test and wanted to make sure it passed. Most of the settings are those suggested by OCZ Tony so I just stuck with them and adjusted a few to get absolute stress stability...