Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

As i learn the board im adding to the guide, i will ofcourse show overclocks in the OCZ prime data base also.

have a look here

it may help you, i posted some TCCX settings already for those having issues. My dimms do 310 max but im not here to brag ;) i much prefer 4000EB and 4000gold 2gig kits now as the interleave is so much nicer over 1gig kits.

Check the guide, its a work in progress, as is a bios. The shipping bios is way to tight at the mo.

I was checking that out earlier, and changed a few things according to it. One thing I couldn't get to work though is overclocking the HTT doing 262 x 5. 262 x 4 works fine though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was checking that out earlier, and changed a few things according to it. One thing I couldn't get to work though is overclocking the HTT doing 262 x 5. 262 x 4 works fine though.

i have the gskills working at 11x268 and the htt at 5, the resulting htt i have is 1340 and its rock stable anything higher i cant get the cpu stable.

Check the guide, its a work in progress, as is a bios. The shipping bios is way to tight at the mo.

Yep, way too tight. In fact, it was so tight that when I checked my memory in CPU-z I was shocked to know that the computer had even booted with the settings the board chooses on auto...

I am sitting down with your RAM tweaking guide right now hoping to get these Gskill sticks stable at higher OC's. I am pretty certain that my CPU is stable and I am getting these superPi errors because of the dang memory.

As i learn the board im adding to the guide, i will ofcourse show overclocks in the OCZ prime data base also.

have a look here

it may help you, i posted some TCCX settings already for those having issues. My dimms do 310 max but im not here to brag ;) i much prefer 4000EB and 4000gold 2gig kits now as the interleave is so much nicer over 1gig kits.

Thanks for your nice guide Tony, I followed it but I still have the same slow CPU issue.. :(

Ok, now when I think about it.. I had the same slow CPU isssue with my Asus A8R-MVP board.. it also gave me about 990 points in the 3Dmark06 CPU test..

Could this have to do with the cpu itself.. any idea?

Thanks,

-Toby

Thanks Tony for that great guide - its helped me.

Currently running at 2.65Ghz (10 x 265) - am running prime95 to stress it. Hopefully it will pass - I dropped the vcore as it was a bit toasty at 51/52C under full load. My BIOS settings is a lot higher than what Smartguardian says (its reporting 1.39V and I set the BIOS to 1.425 - which one is right???) I am about 3 hours into prime - one core was slightly slower than the other - still going ok but is this normal for a dual core or is the vcore needing up'd again to stablise? I have also pushed my NB and SB voltages up to match tony's - may drop them to see if I am still stable. NB temp does not exceed 48C at the mo.

Memory is running 180 divider - (will post some screens when I get home tonight - one of my temp readings (PWM Area) is a giggle at 127C! - its broken I'm sure) Am not sure if my memory will run at 1:1 at 265. Anyone have this memory running at this speed or higher? (I take it I will have to loosen timings...from rated)

Angry Games mentioned in one of his posts that CPU speed was king and I am thinking about going with a 166 divider and pushing on to 2.8Ghz on air, assuming the temps play fair.

I am looking at ATItool beta with my X1900XT and the core is running 500 and memory 600 - is this slow or just me?? I am going to go tonight with Tony's PCI-e BIOS guide and start to investigate overclocking the gfx card. At the moment I am getting in 3dmark 2005 - 11600 ish.

Super PI - is stable on the 32M - am in the low 28 mins if I recall.

If anyone wants my settings I can happily post this evening. Accurate temp and voltage reading would really help! Running my memory at 2.76 - but its reporting 2.8.

My immediate plans - get my PC stable at these settings - in all benchmarks. Then try for 2.7Ghz.

Its wise to get a good base thats stable, take some pics of your bios setup and then move on, that way you don't have to remember what to set as you have a hard copy.

My settings over at BE were just to show stock settings for the 4800plats, they are not tweaked out so i have a feeling there is more speed to be had. I did get my EB's running on the 180 divider for 270fsb with the CPU 300x9 fully stable also and i can say the speed the rig had was just awesome, infact i did a lot of 3D01 benching with the EB and it did kick butt, dropping to the 166 mode had me at 327X9 on the cpu for just over 2.9GHZ!

Have an odd problem after adding my CFX3200 board.....

Occasionally, I get a screen flash....no matter what I am doing for a split second I can see a DOS-style text-based screen take over my monitor view, its gone as fast as it appears.

Rather annoying and I am wondering if its down to the fact I run a RAID controller in the second PCI-E slot? Anyone have any PCI-E bios setting recomendations that could potentially solve this? Or know another solution?

hi guys I just got my DFI 3200CFX and installed in to my water cooled case did not have to format the windows evrything is working fine.

rerason i'm posting this I read here some one post it that it not possible couse it's diffrent chipset but I did.

I am looking at ATItool beta with my X1900XT and the core is running 500 and memory 600 - is this slow or just me??

ATITool can only see 2D speeds. Use the Catalyst Control Center's Overdrive to overclock your card. ;)

You are an exception and not representative of the best of procedures to follow. There are always those that hop up and post that they shortcut and got by but the best procedure is format and install windows for 'best' overall performance.

RGone...

hi guys I just got my DFI 3200CFX and installed in to my water cooled case did not have to format the windows evrything is working fine.

rerason i'm posting this I read here some one post it that it not possible couse it's diffrent chipset but I did.

Ahh I just found that out thank you though - but the problem with the Catalyst control centre is that it slows parts of the card down when you push it, so reading an X1800XT guide (same thing really) I noticed they used ATItool and overclock - by first disabling some ATI services to stop it cancelling the overclock placed on it by ATItool - link is http://www.legitreviews.com/article/276/1/

Seemed to get good results - my VGA cooler currently reads my card (when running flat out) at 43C - so I have a bit of room to play with.