Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I play FarCry religiously. I ran the HDR, but when I tried to go back to reg 1.33, it was all FUBAR. Only a fresh reinstall with all the patches, installed in order, did I get it back right.

You will see HDR, but the gameplay is bugged out and the files will most likely corrupt the rest of your game files.

There is HDR support for CS:S, btw....it's pretty nice!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i play DoD Source with HDR...but I have not played CS yet with it (cuz i hate CS and everything about CS lol)

HDR is not really that impressive to me, but apparently it really makes the gpu work hard

I don't use HDR in Oblivion...I use Bloom lighting + 4xAA and it looks better than HDR

its a matter of who does the benchmarking as everyone knows just like cooling, memory speeds, etc, benchmarks of any kind can be skewed to look like one favors the other.

I'm not buying into the Crossfire hype yet, and if you remember, I never bought into SLI hype until about 16 months after it was out...because it took a long time for games to finally take advantage of it + drivers to work properly.

If I am gonna drop $1k into vid cards now, I am surely going to drop it into a couple of 7900 SLI's and get my money's worth as there's no way I would even think of dropping it into $1k of ATI Crossfire stuff that frankly...doesn't impress me and the bugs are still a huge issue...there's simply nothing that impressive about Crossfire at this time (whether it be chipset or gpu).

I do however, agree with those that state the X1900XT is the top card on the market (but I have no 7900GTX to verify that myself).

money spent wisely is more important than reading some benchmark score from a review site or two and thinking that these review sites have my best interest in mind (and that they tested as thoroughly in gaming as I will myself).

You are certainly entitled to feel that way.

My comments aren't solely drawn from reading reviews and benches from others. I bought two overclocked 7800GTs and ran them in SLi when they were first released.

I had shimmering in some titles, screens shots not being saved with AA when enabled, broken vsync, and regular BSODs when I attempted to try win XP pro x64. Also my AA looked great standing still and the moment I started to move it lost its integrity, to almost look like it was off.

So far I am liking crossfire with my X1900s, of course time will tell how that plays out. With or without crossfire ATi gives me playable frame rates and the IQ options I seek. For example the HQ AF they have, and the fact that their Super AA at 14x is every bit as fast as nVidia SLi at 8x.

ATi also does best with recognizing still images and in the video HTPC arena. In addition to gaming, I use my PC in that fashion, as a HTPC.

To each their own though. I am simply responding to this because all of my ideas and opinions are not solely based on reviews. I always suggest people read as many reviews as possible to get a vague idea of the truth because many sites are indeed biased via various forms of compensation.

If I regret my purchasing decision down the road I will man up and return here to admit it.

I have owned or tried the following video cards on the ATi side:

rage 128, 9700pro, 9800pro, X800XL, X800Pro, Aiw X1800XL, X1900 XTX, X1900 Crossfire edition.

nVidia side:

Voodoo3 :P, geforce 2 MX 400, Geforce3 ti 500, geforce4 ti 4600, FX 5700ultra, 6800ultra, XFX 7800GTs X2.

Now I am off to play more Oblivion.

C1 is detecting memory presence. I had this with the Abit AT8 32X, where it hated all 4 sets of my memory! Come to find out it was a CAS 2 issue. Unplugging the CPU fan was the only thing that would get me out of C1. Clearing the CMOS and switching ram, video cards etc etc did nothing. I was forever stuck in c1, until I unplugged the CPU fan :P It was an odd bug also present in the AT8. Techpowerup! report on it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Abit/AT8/14

I get c1 every single time I hit the power button. 1 out of ten times it will POST and eventualy alternate led ouput codes with number counting up from 1-100 ( I am guessing it is the percentage Of booting ). I Have never had the board POST but not boot windows.What is killing me is that i have to turn the computer on and off ten or so time to get it to post once. I tried my old corsair 1gb kit and it did not occor but the score across the board where very low. memtest said i was only get 1957 mb/s wheres my gskill maintains 2572. I thought it was an issue with how i input the timings but as of yet i have not been able to find a setting that enables me to boot consistently like the corsair.

the HDR patch for FarCry is some leaked beta garbage that is buggy as all hell....stay away from that patch, it is not from Crytek! I ran it and saw the ooh - ahh HDR, but there's no ammo loss, enemies didn't move...it was a mess.

The HDR works perfectly with NVidia cards, btw...you know "The Way It Was Meant To Be Played." lol

I'm pretty sure the patch is from CryTek, though not officially released. It is kinda buggy, and I also noticed that the ammo doesn't get used up most of the time, but on the graphics side (performance-wise) it runs great. Benchmark testing won't be affected by any of the little bugs in this patch.

By the way, I haven't seen the enemies stop moving yet! That's funny.... lol

I get c1 every single time I hit the power button. 1 out of ten times it will POST and eventualy alternate led ouput codes with number counting up from 1-100 ( I am guessing it is the percentage Of booting ). I Have never had the board POST but not boot windows.What is killing me is that i have to turn the computer on and off ten or so time to get it to post once. I tried my old corsair 1gb kit and it did not occor but the score across the board where very low. memtest said i was only get 1957 mb/s wheres my gskill maintains 2572. I thought it was an issue with how i input the timings but as of yet i have not been able to find a setting that enables me to boot consistently like the corsair.

Did you try these settings I posted awhile back:

If you are having trouble with UCCC try the following:

Refresh cycle time: 12 or 11

Row refresh cycle time: 14-17

Read to write delay time: 4 or 3

Refresh rate: 3072( that is 200 @ 3.9)

Read write queque bypass: 16x

Bypass max: 7x

Max async latency: 8ns or 7ns

Read preamble: 5.5ns

Idle cycle limit: 256*

Dynamic idle cycle counter: disable*

*If I have anything in "idle cycle limit" under 256 my system is unstable with my G. Skill, and if I enable "dynamic idle cycle counter", same thing.

That is what works most stable for me. Make sure your CPU is getting the proper volts too. When I installed this thing set mine to like 1.36 or something, and I had to change it immediately. Heck my CPU needs a little over 1.4 for stock.

I am writing down your configuration recomendations as a type this, I have also use both Simonmaltby's and the gskill tech's HZ settings. with either one it continues to not boot consistantly. I had been raising certain settings manually and testing them and while they did pass memtest they lowered my bandwidth 500 mb/s and do not add an consistancy to the Posting and booting proccess( still took ten tries to acheive Post)

Also Bender,

If you are using the orange slots try the yellow if changing settings does not work. My G.skills work best with 2.50-2.55v.

I'd suggest disabling command per clock for a while too. If you can get them stable at 2T perhaps you can change back to 1 later.

hmm, With your settings i am still not getting it to POST more than 1/10 tries. I Also noticed the the c1 error code still has prsence that it was showing a "25" sometimes but it still displayed a c1 first, it does that every time. I will try your most recent recomendations now

I tried the yellow slots and it is doing the same thing. althugh i did have 3 initial POSTs in a row. I then set 2t command rate which did not help either.One thing to note is that i had to manually set my ram to run at 250 mhz. i thought that being pc4000 it was suppossed to be that way. Spd picks up at 200mhz with the same 3448 timings. What i did is set a 5/4 ratio so the htt still ran atthe same speed and the ram was running at 250. Is this correct? Maybe my ram is Defective but im a little cautious about RMAing.I have no way to test the ram at the rated speed because my old via kt800 mobo does not have a fsb/agp divider.

Nothing seemed to work but i remembered the 2.5v thing. i had to set the dram voltage in bios to 2.4v and now it Posts every time. Now what can i do now that it stable to improve performance?