Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the raptors ever work on the ULi using the bone stock 4/25 bios?

Tmod

Never have got them to work. Hitachi sataII's work just fine. I know it is a compatibilty problem, but not all boatds have a problem with Rapotors, My thinking it has something to do with WD and the TLER

Never have got them to work. Hitachi sataII's work just fine. I know it is a compatibilty problem, but not all boatds have a problem with Rapotors, My thinking it has something to do with WD and the TLER

Hell WDC doesn't even recommend any Hard Drives with TLER in any desktop enviroment.

If you install a RAID edition hard drive in a desktop computer, the computer system may report more errors than a normal desktop hard drive (due to the TLER feature). Western Digital does not recommend installing RAID edition hard drives into a desktop computer environment.

Is there anyway to disable the TLER on the WDC drives?

Tmod

I don't have the RAID edition Raptors, I'm just going by a very vague email response I recieved from WD a while back on a different set up. I have yet to recieve a response to 3 emails I have sent to WD on this issue..

I have yet to recieve a response to 3 emails I have sent to WD on this issue..

Sorta chaps the hide when you pay good money for the product and nobody offers any support.

DFI, ULi (Nvidia) and WDC are probably pointing fingers at each other saying no it's his fault.

Tmod

The RocketMan Syndrome... It wasn't me

You know how it goes though. If I feel I have been burnt by a Company I won't purchase any more of their products. Right now I think it is nothing more than a compatibility problem. Nvidia doesn't seem to interested in fixing it and I know WD won't do anything. So it looks like it will be ATI or Intel chipsets and something other than WD drives for me..

I cant see spending another xxx amount to replace my WD drives with Hitachi.

I am getting errors with these new boards also and it explains nothing. As for WD they are not going to help, just like the others. I even called and spoke to one of the support supervizers and he will not give any support, for any type of RAID, on a non Enterprise drive!

I had a board when they first came out, and I used my WD HDD's on it. They worked fine in Raid 0 on the ULi, untill my board blew up! Ever since that, I have had nothing but troubles with 3 other boards, ULi troubles. So, why would my first board work fine, with two WD dives and once I got my new boards, troubles? Well? Im done, I am taking my two rigs apart and selling off what I dont use on my new rig! I have those new boards going back for exchange, one for my new AM2 board and one for some DDR2+cash!

I wipe my hands of this problem! Good luck to all, I hope that sometime soon they fix this for all of you.

Bump. Fix Dfi Fix.

I'm contacting DFI tomorrow to figure out what to do with this bugged out ULI controller.

Can't dial that # they have on their contact site. It's one of those weird numbers that begin with the + sign in the beginning. Can american phone users dial people in tawain lol. I think that may be a tawainese #??

Here is what I found at the Phoenix Tech. site.

http://www.phoenix.com/NR/rdonlyres/083599.../0/postcode.pdf

It comes up under the AwardBIOS POST Codes but the date is kinda old. :confused:

Hope it helps

7F Post Error Check Cheack Posti error and display them and ask for user intervention.. I Come same Code.. :( What i have do? Display doesnt come any picture and Video's card fan has 100% and Zalman 9500Am2 fan stoped sometime when computer was On.. Now i goes FF code but Screen doesn't Come any picture

as you can see from my signature I don't own a dfi motherboard.....yet. I'm getting ready to build a new 939 system and after reading this, and other forums, all day it looks like the cfx 3200 is one of the best 939/ati mobos out there. A couple of different reviewers have written that this board is "stable out of the box" but from what you guys are saying, its anything but. I'm a fairly novice system builder and having a reliable hardware config is more important to me than overclock-ability. I plan to use a single ati gpu and raid 5. Is this the board for me? what about the nf4 dfi boards?