Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I get lockups that occur every 2hrs. for 5-10 seconds and also the same error logs, however I do not have the problem of the sounds some of you were talking about, mine just does a looping of what was played when the lockup occurs.

Thought I should jummp in here while on the topic of RAM settings...

ram = CMX1024-3200C2

1GB installed in slot closes to CPU/Orange (all other slots wont boot or freez up)

Problem: STILL trying to install window! (had this board 4 days now)

While window copies files to the windows installation folders (after formatting the drive), I keep gettin "Setup cannot copy the file:" [random file depending on setting].xxx This is a DRAM issue correct?

anyways im finding it gets close to completion with these settings are:

CPU:

FSB:200 mhz

LTD: auto

CPU:auto

CPU VID: 1.400V

DRAM:

dram freq:by dram SPD valur..or 1:1

CPC:auto

tcl, trcd, tras, trp:auto

rest = auto

max async latency:7.0ns

read preamble time:5.5ns

and i have tried many different setting, like;

DRAM:

cpc:enabled

timings:2-3-3-6

Tref:3120

etc.

CPU:

FSB:200 mhz, LTD:x4(andx5), CPU:x14 (stock for my CPU right?)

and of corse 1.4v

So I need some help with Genie settings for this RAM so i can flippin get XP installed.... any help would be great,

thanks!

DLX

hey guys

i have beem following this thread from the beggining and i am a bit confused

i am thinking of changing my venus for a cfx3200......i have 2 friends...each owns a x1900xtx :cool: ......i have an ati also......

and i was wondering..... :rolleyes: ......

will this mobo have better results.....i am talking OC....my main rig is just for folding and benching......and i am after the best scores ....

my venus is the best nf4 mobo i have had so far....and i had a few........i am allways looking for more mhz or marks.......should i sell my venus and go for this one.......the sli option available makes me wonder too

would you guys care to comment on this

thnxs

I just saw this,

I think your RAM is infineon you may want to look at this

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/sh...547&postcount=3

Those settings should work for your RAM

Athildja-Px64,

So should I keep my original settings and then change everything I had set to “Auto” to these suggested settings?

Last night after turning the vcore up to 1.4 on the CPU, I got a stable overclock, a little over 3GHz. I ran a few games for a couple hours at this speed and it was completely stable.

Hey first off I'm new to this forum, 2nd I'm new to DFI and overclocking.

I got my board last week, but started to read this forum this past weekend. I too am dealing with my fair share of problems. My board also automaticly jumps on after I've shut down windows. It didn't when i removed the lan cable. I've followed the advice posted, flashed my mobo about three times in a row with the newest bios 04-25-2006, reboot, used killcmos 5 times, removed battery, jumper on clear cmos left it for 15 minutes, put it all back together.

Wake on lan disabled in bios, but still having this problem.

Also after just a basic overclock done by a friend of mine, whose is more knowledgable than me, i got high pwm ic temperatures during load 65 celcius, en chipset around 53. So I'm running stock right now

CPU 27

PWM IC 50

Chipset 50

I have two 120 mm fans in the top panel of my case, but none in the rear.

While this might belong to cooling, I was hoping it could also ask it here as it pretty specific to the board.

Currently looking into changing the chipset cooler for the evercool cooler or water cooling block

Im using latest bios, flashed it first day i got mobo and i now experience same problem as Crimson Ronin, sometimes my mobo wake up when i turn it off thru windows, not to mention problem with sound, what is wrong?

Athildja-Px64,

So should I keep my original settings and then change everything I had set to “Auto” to these suggested settings?

Last night after turning the vcore up to 1.4 on the CPU, I got a stable overclock, a little over 3GHz. I ran a few games for a couple hours at this speed and it was completely stable.

The voltages on the CFX3200 seem to a a little off. I also had to bump up to 1.4 to get a stable OC, that I ccan normally get at 1.35. not sure why,

I would keep the settings you have but you may want to manually set what you have at auto to the settings in those screen shots.

Also if you are not running a High FSB OC leave the Bypass Max at 7x

fro the Tref I have had good luck with 4196, 3120 and 1560 you can play with those to fina a stable one or mess with the others too and see what gives you the most stable OC.

Guest eva2000

Yeah i had to use more vcore than on DFI NF4 as well

Swapped to Opteron 148 CABYE 0543FPMW cpu as this will be the first cpu i test on Kayl's phase change unit on the CFX3200-DR platform. Might as well let them get acquainted with each other :)

Also decided to flash to the latest DFI official bios = 425 which loosened up the timings for Infineon based memory for better compatibility. This would be good for when i test 2GB OCZ PC4000EB Infineon based memory :)

Seems CFX3200-DR board needs a tad more vcore to do the same clock as on my DFI NF4 Ultra-D R.AD0 and DFI NF4 UT SLI-DR R.AB0 using same cooling and clocks 30-60mhz less benchable than the NF4 boards. It could be a memory setting i haven't yet tweaked since it's still early days.

But here's where i am at for 148 CABYE 0543FPMW (which did 3000Mhz at 1.536v on DFI NF4 series)

DFI UT CFX3200-DR R.A00 = 3000Mhz at 1.552-1.568v fluctuation

stressprime_load_52C_tnn.jpg

Cpuburn Session

cpu_burn_tn.jpg

Versus

DFI NF4 UT SLI-DR R.AB0 = 3014Mhz at 1.536v

stressprime_1_tn.jpg

Cpuburn Session

cpuburnK7_1_tn.jpg

There's a 4-5C hotter cpu under load on DFI UT CFX3200-DR maybe due to the higher vcore applied ?

Hi,

I recieved a prompt response from DFI this morning, so fingers crossed we can get a fix soon..

Dear Raja:

Thanks for your information.

We will look into this issue, and keep you inform if we have any update

information available.

Best Regard,

Frankie Hsieh

Technical Support Engineer

DFI Inc.

Office/Hsi-Chih Factory:

100, Huan-Ho St, Hsi-Chih City,

Taipei Hsien, Taiwan, R.O.C.

Tel : (886-2)2694-2986 * 683