Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Guest eva2000

will reupload the zip later...

don't own any Samsung UCCC so wouldn't know heh

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now put another sound card in and been playing music for 1 1/2 hours without the issue comming back. Normally i would see the problem within 1 hour.

Anyone getting the stutter issue while using a PCI sound card?

If not, i deduce its an on board sound issue.

Yup, I'm running a PCI sound card and having the problems

i really neeed ur guys's help because my pwm area temps go up tp 75 and the chipset temps are in the 60's thats whether my system is overclocked or not. my graphic cards are watercooled as well as the cpu, the cpu temps seem about right, but it scares me to see the other temps so high, any idea what is going on here.

its not even the northbrigde temps i am worried about that much, its the pwm area temps. 75 is just insane

Mine is stuck at 127C - been on for over a week and had no problems so I assume its broken!

thanks man, i really dont know whats up, i mean my graphic cards are generating no heat what so ever, the highest under load they go it 54, and the cpu is 53-54 under load thats about it, when i shut off my pc for a while, it will cool down, but it starts off at 48 after like hours of shut off time, and then in windows it will bump up to 60's and 70's.

I think this is the same problem that i am having with my SB Audigy 2 NX sound card. This is how ever a USB sound card so i first though that it was a USB issue but from the above posts seems like it might be more of a bios or hardware issue. I am also running a dual raptor raid 0 and I have tried it on the ULI controller and the silicon image one but the same problem persists. A solution is really necessary :(

I confirm that the issue still happens using a PCI sound card.

A ray of Hope.

Have been trying the Data Drive Strength and SKEW settings in the Bios today.

I set SKEW to +600ps in both places in the Bios (under RAM settings). So far its looking possitive, but as testing takes so long its far from over yet.

Many thanks Athildja-Px64 for pointing me in this direction.

Update... posted too soon, issue still there.

Well to be honest, I grabbed that bit of information from one of OCZtony's posts. But it has worked for me so I thought I would pass it along.

Another thing the check is MAL (Max Async Latnecy) and PR (Read Preamble) try setting MAL to 7.0 and PR to 5.5