Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Hi,

Just went for the address Angry Games posted in another thread. As long as it gets the job done I have no major concerns.

Thanks anyway.

Raja

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have been running ULI raid since the day I first got the CFX3200. I run raid 0 with 2x80gig Hitachi Sata2 drives and a 120gig PATA drive to back up to and of course floppy and dual layer LiteOn dual layer DVD burner.

I had a 200 gig maxtor on the IDE but it would error at times so I put a PATA Hitachi in its place 'after' copying everything over to the Hitachi from the PATA Maxtor.

Downloaded Intergrated driver for ULI from Nvidia (2.20). Extracted the WinXP32bit drivers to floppy. At F6 duing install of WinXP32bit w/SP2 in raid 0; I put in the floppy and chose the right driver and continued install of WinXP 32bit.

Now windows installed. Time for chipset/system drivers. Uh huh! BUT I only installed the sound driver and the lan driver. That is all that is needed when running Uli and WinXP 32bit w/SP2. Raid driver already in and sound and lan is all that is needed. M$ has the rest covered. No stalls and no system event errors at all. And downloading ~600Mb for 3D06 and copying files to the hard drive I replaced above and every day things back and forth across lan is with zero errors. That is how I set it up and don't ever think I don't beat the P out of a rig since I just finished a marathon benching session to get to here. I push my stuff.

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17723

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17721

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17722

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17926

Almost forgot I have 160gig WD USB Media Center Drive hooked up as well as 1gig LG USB stick.

RGone...

""I would just like to be able adjust it."" You know I thought that too at first and now that I see it works fine on AUTO; it is one less thing to have to try a setting for and run tests to verify that AUTO had it already. Hehehehehe. I hate flashing bioses since they are software and software is a pain. Good one minute and needing a rev the next. Oh well off to the pony cart races.

RGone...

I still haven't seen a problem with the ULI raid myself, and as Rgone said, download the 2.20 ULI drivers and heck, I even used the F6 floppy that came with the motherboard to do the initial load, then the 2.20 drivers

no I think you can use this thread as it relates apparently to the ULI controller

it possibly (but I doubt it) might also have something to do with the fact that you cannot set the ULI controller to boot first if you have something plugged into the SI3114 controller =/

I initially built this setup with a single 36GB Raptor 10,000RPM hdd and experienced zero issues with it...but let's see what comes back from Taiwan about this whole issue.

hi just wondering what u guys northbridge temps are like after load standard volts, mine's like 48-49c. & 41-43 in desktop. i do live in the uk which aint very hot?

also eney1 giv me sum tips on my ram timings or sumthing to get my speed up as im new to DFI boards. at fsb/htt 300, 166 div 490mhz. stock for my xms is 550mhz. fast at the 490mhz with 1T, sis sandra about 7400 points/ superpi 8M test say 5m 50s. but will freese in sum games, 2T fine in games but sis more like 5900 points/ superpi 8m test 6m 15s. also eney of u no what sort of volts my ram can handle? cheers

heres my current temps & volts , all temps after load

cpu 45-48c/ 1.456v. desktop 34-36c

pwm ic 46-48/ 2.69v. desktop 40-43c

chipset 48-49c/ stock volts. desktop 41-44c

northb- southb all standard volts

hey guys just wondering. in those screenshots above the board temps and the chipset temps are very low, mine go up to 56 on the board and 51 on the chipset, sometimes the board is reporting in the 60's. is the sensor messed up on my board or something, because i got my crossfire setupwatercooled and the cpu, and i see the temps above in 30's, makes me think twice about my system.

oh by the way download the new powerstrip software for overclocking the x1900's and crossfire, yea u heard that right. it has support for crossfire and quad sli, about to go try it now,

download it from www.entechtaiwan.com

have fun.