Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

Hi,

I have Corsair 3500LL Pro, and 2 WD 250gb Sata II HD's in raid 0 on the ULI controller, I get the lock ups once an hour for about 5 seconds. SO I doubt it's the ram, there is definatley some kind of timing issue. It's kinda similar to the Asus A8r32-mvp lockups in games with the original bios, only those would hapeen every 10 seconds or so. My guess is that further bios refinement is needed.

Raja

Hi raja,

U didnt mention this on ocuk, but thats not important, this has been bugging me for a while now, ocz tony referred to it as being a drive strength issue on another forum.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, I did not really consider it too serious for myself, if the system locked up completley that would be another matter. Now that there is some attention to the issue, I thought I'd concur that I also have the glitch. I think I get more concerned over the things that render the system useless, although it's a little annoying, I've learned to live with a few hiccups.

I sent an email to DFI with this thread linked, so they can look at how many people are experiencing the issue.

So much for overclocking with this board? I tried turning the FSB Bus Frequency to 217 (which Corsair recommends for my memory) and I get repeated crashing in games. This same setting was perfectly stable with my Asus A8R32 MVP for 3GHz out of my 2.8GHz FX-57. Any ideas?

What RAM timings are you using?

What other settings are you using?

LDT

NMOS

PMOS

HT Drive STR?

raju,

Yes the vcore is at a default setting. I did not have turn the vcore up to overclock with the Asus board but I just remembered that the Asus board had higher than normal vcore by default. I will change this and give it a try.

Athildja-Px64,

“What RAM timings are you using?

What other settings are you using?”

My DRAM Configuration is set up as follows-

DRAM Frequency Set : 200=RAM/FSB :01/01

Command Per Clock (CPC) : Disable

CAS Latency Control (TCL): 2.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): 03 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras): 06 Bus Clocks

Row precharge Time (Trp): 03 Bus Clocks

The rest of the settings are at default. DRAM Voltage control is set at 2.76. My PCIE settings are as exactly as you suggested in another thread. I’m looking through eva2000’s AMD64 Overclocking Guide right now.

Hi djt,

yes the Asus board default vcore fluctuated between 1.35-1.4v, so I'd go for 1.4v at stock. Hopefully doing this and setting the necessary ram timings manually should clear up the problem.

Raja

Athildja-Px64,

“What RAM timings are you using?

What other settings are you using?”

My DRAM Configuration is set up as follows-

DRAM Frequency Set : 200=RAM/FSB :01/01

Command Per Clock (CPC) : Disable

CAS Latency Control (TCL): 2.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd): 03 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras): 06 Bus Clocks

Row precharge Time (Trp): 03 Bus Clocks

The rest of the settings are at default. DRAM Voltage control is set at 2.76. My PCIE settings are as exactly as you suggested in another thread. I’m looking through eva2000’s AMD64 Overclocking Guide right now.

I would recommend setting your Tref to 3120 or 4196

Also set your MAL to 7 or 8 and you PR to 5.5

“I would recommend setting your Tref to 3120 or 4196

Also set your MAL to 7 or 8 and you PR to 5.5”

Should I leave everything else at default (Auto)?

TBH, I did not really consider it too serious for myself, if the system locked up completley that would be another matter. Now that there is some attention to the issue, I thought I'd concur that I also have the glitch. I think I get more concerned over the things that render the system useless, although it's a little annoying, I've learned to live with a few hiccups.

I sent an email to DFI with this thread linked, so they can look at how many people are experiencing the issue.

Got exactly same problem ... practically every 60 minutes i got this problem with sound, but i didnt reinstalled windows (got Asus xpress 3200 mobo previously) so today i reinstalled windows and so far, its without any sound repeating problem.

Yeah it happens very occasionaly for me. But I can't use SpeedFan with my logtiech G15 LCD because the 'sound skipping' becomes more frequent as it's scanning my hardware more often. :(