Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Problems with CFX3200-DR? Post here (merged)

132 members have voted

1. 1.

• My Hard Drive is 16MB Cache
    • My Hard Drive is 8MB Cache
    • I have issues with the ULI Raid Controller
    • I do not have issues with the ULI Raid Controller

I am noticing that when I run my stress testing software, my voltage to the RAM goes up - its set a bit high judging from OCZTony's settings at BleedinEdge for my RAM.

When it start its like 2.76 but goes up to 2.8/2.81.

Also I can get my Opty 170 stable at 2.7Ghz on air - but it runs warm as I need 1.47 vcore to stabilise it (it failed after 14 hours of prime with 1.45) - temps under full load 53c.

There is so much more there, anyone else got any results/temps for 170 overclocking on air? Oh I have done the 8C increase in the BIOS that it needs.

I am going to try and take my voltage down on my memory, as it seems too high as well.

Am using a 180 memory divider as i doubt my memory will run at (270 x 10) 1:1 with decent timings.

Runs my Ocz PC4000EB memory fine at 300x10 on a 166 memory divider. You have to get the Tref the board and memory prefer and the MaxAsynchLatency and the Read Preamble adjusted correctly and then it is good to go for me.

RGone...

Hi,

I have Infineon too. The highest I have managed is 225ht with ram speed of 216mhz. This gives 245ht effective. However I can't run 245 1:1 stable. I was about to reflash the bios, but I flashed incorrectly so I'm awaiting a new bios chip. One thing I noticed is that my CMOS settings had not been cleared after the flash, so I have a feeling tha's why I did not manage to get any higher betwen 0417 and 0424 bios. When I get up and running again, I'll try a complete reflash and clean with 0424. Other than that If you're still having problems try contacting Tony and alerting him of the issue, it could be that this board is not best suited to some Infineon ram. With 0417 I was really only able to overclock at the default multiplier, 12X, anything lower with relaxed timings (that I knew should work), the board would not run stable. I'll let you know how I get on once everything is running again.

Raja

An interesting note for Creative X-Fi users, may wish to look here:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Article...=read&arc_id=76

Well I personally have an X-Fi Platinum on the same board as the author with an FX-55 on it with out the lockups or issues he faced.

Creative sound cards and thier drivers have a history of excessive PCI polling.

the X-Ram was supposed to lessen this but it has not.

For many turning off the Crystalizer, the SSRS, and other of the software options help.

Another common fix is to make sure you are not using the gaming mode, for some reason the gaming mode in the creative software just does not work.

I use the entertainment mode and have no problems.

there are also many reports of the X-FI having serious issues with the ATi 3200 and Crossfire. this shows up on both the DFI and the Asus boards.

Not sure of the cause but many seem to have the issue.

Well just to weigh in with my experiences - Entertainment mode sound quality was awful, so i switched to gaming mode and it went much better no popping or anything, I sometimes lock up in a game if doing work then go to a game, but have no problems if I restart and then go straight to the game, which is weird and I suspect a driver issue as the gfx card does not exceed 43C under full load, and the rest has been stress tested.

Well just to weigh in with my experiences - Entertainment mode sound quality was awful, so i switched to gaming mode and it went much better no popping or anything, I sometimes lock up in a game if doing work then go to a game, but have no problems if I restart and then go straight to the game, which is weird and I suspect a driver issue as the gfx card does not exceed 43C under full load, and the rest has been stress tested.

Intersting that you would have the exact oposite results that I have. I run my sound through the Optical out to a surround sound system.

Ggaming mode simlply cracks and pops. no lock-ups but the sound is terrible, in most cases I do not get any sound other than a loud cracking hiss.

Intersting that you would have the exact oposite results that I have. I run my sound through the Optical out to a surround sound system.

Ggaming mode simlply cracks and pops. no lock-ups but the sound is terrible, in most cases I do not get any sound other than a loud cracking hiss.

Yes - I am connected to my Logitech Z4 - 2:1 speakers by the cable supplied.

I have my card in the slot nearest the PCIe slot - I should explain that I get no popping noise in entertainment mode but - the quality is awful, really really bad almost white noise, I point the finger to creative who have not released a new driver to my knowledge for ages. Will post BIOS settings when I get home, to see if any of the experts can spot glaring mistakes I may have made, but my rig is stable and fairly quick. But I am only learning the art of OC'ing so any help is welcome.

Read preamble and async latency...I keep saying it, you have to set these manually with Infineon dimms and the board is fine.

Tony, I already had them set to 5.5 and 7, even increased to 6 and 8 or 9.

BTW I'm back up and running now, had a new bios chip sent out, will try overclocking from afresh with 0424.

It may have been that the bios did flash properly the first time, hence the slightly skewed overclocks.

Raja

Guys remember CMOS is screwy, make sure you clear it with Killcmos when you flash the bios or if you start getting weird OC results.

To the ones that were talking about the X-FI...

I haven't had one problem with my X-FI Fatal1ty and this board (I did with the Asus A8R-MVP though).

By the way guys, you need to have "Game Mode" enabled for the card and games to ulitize the X-RAM... Just a tip from Creative. ;)

I only have a problem in game mode.

The difference between game mode and Entertainment mode for me is lees than 2FPS so it makes no difference, at least in my case.