unofficial DUAL CORE opteron thread

racinjimy

Newb Question:

Why run 1.425 x 110% when you can just run 1.56v?

I got the same options but do not understand why. Thanks

the bios will only go up in .25V increments, so he would have to run either 1.55V or 1.575V. but with the % adjuster, 1.425x110% gives 1.568 (which is exactly what i use).

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bios will only go up in .25V increments, so he would have to run either 1.55V or 1.575V. but with the % adjuster, 1.425x110% gives 1.568 (which is exactly what i use).

I see...

I thought it had something to with start up volts and changing into setting volts.

I read that somewhere. .. I think :tooth:

I just got my 165 in and installed it. Of course I was so excited that I slapped it in my rig without writing down the serial (pretty bad, I know). I'm running Ballistix 2x512 and am using the conservative settings as per the "official OC guide" in regards to TCCD mem. Isolated, they run to about 265 with these settings and I don't want to loosen timings much more (of note CPC enabled, Interleave enabled, skew auto). Alone, I can easily get my 165 up to 2.6 with 1.35 + 1.1% with load temp about 45 both cores loaded prime for about 1 hour.

My problem is that I'm unable to use ANY mem dividers except 1:1 (200) or 1:2 (100). I read that some don't like the 180 or 166 settings, so I tried steppin it down ratio wise even futher, but no dice until 100! Therefore, at this point I'm running at only 2.34 Ghz (260x9).

When I drop the divider, I can post, get into bios, but when it tries to launch windows, I just restarts and goes back to the post screen, try again and repeat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make my computer stable while using dividers? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

If you're still not sorted see here; http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37068

I am DESPERATELY looking for the 170 dualcore.

I live in sweden, so I wont have any warranty ordering from the U.S, but I can from within EU.

Anyone know a site with GOOD pricing on the 170dual that can be shipped to Sweden?

I am DESPERATELY looking for the 170 dualcore.

I live in sweden, so I wont have any warranty ordering from the U.S, but I can from within EU.

Anyone know a site with GOOD pricing on the 170dual that can be shipped to Sweden?

Hmm, I'm not to sure about that...I really believe you have world-wide warranty nomatter where you buy it from.

I know for a fact that this is true to Intel CPU's, and I think AMD uses the same policy.

(Jag köpte själv en CPU från Singapore och hemma i Sverige var det bara skicka den till England för utbyte)

hehe think I bought the last Opty170 there was in Europe... ;)

had put in an order in Denmark around mid december, and they keep pushing delivery date...last I heard was late january...and that goes for all of europe I believe...

Not fair that the US always gets the goodies first, hehe

"US always gets the goodies first, hehe"

You guys get the BEST phones WAY before us...

Finally, getting a Denmark living in Denmark--how cool is that?

---

"Im waiting for the 175, not 170 but its going be the same storey God damn gready americans lol"

Same thing--you always get the cool phones first! I think were like a YEAR behind...