Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

Thanks, but umm what Tref setting for which dividers?

I don't really wanna try em out randomly, because the garbled screens you get just after the post screen are very worrying - I'm sure its not doing the chip any good.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...179&postcount=4

go here and read to your hearts content - espesh the tREF section with timings etc - there is also a discussion thread link about tREF

gain knowledge you must, learn you will

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ

I am currently using this RAM although I have sold it and I'm just waiting for money before I ship (I bought it becaue my Mushkin Redline XP4000 modules had to be RMAed and I didn't want to go without memory). I have only had it for about 3 weeks and I loved it! In my opinion it is one of the best 2GB kits out there for under $200 bucks! This memory is plug N play, even on my Expert which can be very picky with RAM! It's SPD timings are 3-4-4-8 and at those timings I have been running them at 265Mhz @ 2.65v 1:1 on the 11.0x multi. My system is rock stable at those settings (Prime95 16+hrs, OCCT, SuperPI 32M, Memtest 23+hrs) all with no errors or warnings! I had stopped all of those tests so I think they would have gone much longer! I would say get them, you can't go wrong!

I have a Opty 148 CACJE 0546 which is a little older than the one your looling at (CACJE 0551) but I bet there pretty close in performance. At the moment my RAM will only clock to around 268Mhz while still being rock solid stable and with the 11.0x multi on my Opty that puts me around 2.948Ghz. On 1.487v it is prime, superPI 32M, and OCCT stable. I was able to run prime95 for 15+ hrs before I had to stop it so I could do some homework.

While running the 5/6 divider and running my HTT speed at 310 (Actual RAM speed 258Mhz) my CPU was clocked at 3.1Ghz using the 10.0x multi. I was able to run all benchies except Prime95 which errored at 8.45hrs. When I ran that prime95 test I only had the voltage set to 1.487v (I never upped it when I made the changes so I think it would have gone longer if I increased the VCORE a bit first)!

I don't know much about the CAB2E 0546 but from what I've read from others it is also a decent chip! I imagine you can expect on at least 2.8-2.9Ghz with either one. Keep up posted on which one you get?

CAB2E 0546 of mine tops around 2937 @ 1.55v. Not stable @ 1.525 or lower. I can get to boot around 3.ghz but havent tryed to find out why i was not stable at that speed. At 3.ghz i was at 1.6v and didnt want to push any higher. Sandra scores are a higher than a fx-57 so i am happy.

I have also noticed a few mixed results with CAB2E 546'S mine seems to need more voltage than alot of others.

Does anyone know of a Step by Step guide to Oc'ing with the DFI Boards and Opt Processors? I have read through the Ultimate guide to Overclocking and understand the basic concepts but was looking more for a go here do this and here are the Possible settings type guide.

for Building the board... Step 1 put together... Memory 1 Stick in Orange slot boot upgarde bios...... then set Power Rails to ... go into bios... set this to this or this depending on etc....

and mabyee a description of each setting and what its purpose is and how it is best to tweak it.

Thanks.

@integra_twinz

Maybe it's already late to tell ya, but... I have the 144 CAB2E 0546FPCW and it's an... (should I say) AMAZING clocker! 300x9HTT @ 1.448V. I love it! Does 10hrs prime stable 328x9HTT for a cute 2952MHz with a little push - only 1.580V. Abou the 0551 - I hear good only stuff.