Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

The best thing I can tell you is to lower your multi to 7x, lock your mem at stock spd, and start bumping your HTT. I got mine to nearly 330 HTT prime semi-stable (I didn't test it for more than 8 hours) before I had to stop.

If your CAB2E is anything like mine, you'll be able to get it to +/- 320 HTT with 1.55 volts. The difference is you'll have two extra multis to play with. I'm jealous :D.

Good luck.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks man.

I never really went real high on the htt since I am used to the winchester with the locked multi. I would like to get 3.0ghz and be 100% stable. My winchester was at the 9x270 for about 8 months and never had any issues. I am a pretty hardcore gamer so i dont like lock ups or blue screens. I would be happy at 275x11 @ 166mhz for a clock of 3025 and 212mhz on the memory. Like i said though i just dont know what max volt i can safely do for a long period of time. I want my system to be stable and last me for a while.

Hi, guys! Tomorrow I'll be getting the last opty here in Bulgaria. Yep - they sold out 2 weeks ago, and won't get imported anymore (problems with ISA). So this is freakin 12 hours from now and I can't sleep anymore.

It's a 144 CAB2E 0546FPCW. There's very little info on the web about this stepping on a 144. Only 2 results - 2860MHz and 2920MHz, both air.

So, does anyone has this chip or the same stepping (0546FPCW)?

This is my first AMD rig (welcome me to the dark side!). Not that I haven't played with XP's, mostly Barttons, Semprons and A64's, but they weren't mine :). So I've been reading this forum and some other times and times over. I can write a book on that :). BUT, I haven't even touched LP nF4 UT Ultra-D.

Any last words, my friends?! Red DIMMs, all power connectors, good old AS5, best cooling, 400W PSU, fail-safe settings.

Anything else?!

10x, pal, but:

Not that I haven't played with XP's, mostly Barttons, Semprons and A64's, but they weren't mine . So I've been reading this forum and some other times and times over. I can write a book on that . BUT, I haven't even touched LP nF4 UT Ultra-D.

here is my new CPU

Test Setup:

* Opteron 146 S939 CABYE 0540FPBW

* TT Sonic Tower + 120mm Panaflo >>>>> CURRENT TESTS WITH THIS AIR COOLER

* C-BuZz's Custom Made Single Stage Rotary Phase Change........to test on next :D

* 2x512MB G.Skill PC4800FF TCCD RAM

* 2x512MB G.Skill PC4400LE TCCD RAM

* DFI NF4 Ultra-D (6-23 bios)

* 60GB IDE Maxtor HDD

* Antec 480W True Power 20-pin with 24-pin converter

* Matrox PCI Video Card

* Ambient Temps: 23.3-25.5C

* IHS: off

setup9ze.jpg

You guys are anal about prime........here it is @3.1GHz 12 Hour Prime Stable

31ghz163vprime12hours4hu6mo.jpg

3155MHz 32M SuperPI run

superpi32m3155mhz24m26172s4ka.jpg

3163MHz 8M SuperPI run

superpi8m3163mhz4m52875s2rm.jpg

3180MHz 1M SuperPI run

superpi1m318ghz26328s3ge8xb.jpg

there is something special about this chip ;) anyone notice

10x289=3180! Now that's skill - you managed to overclock the multiplier! Nice chip mate.

you're right on the money there :nod:

it was hard by i cracked the bugger. :sweat: .....well it was more like begging but it worked out good......all i have to do now is get 12/13/14 going and see you later cold bug w00t

How is that possible, You must be 2nd or 3rd, who has 11xmulti @ 146 opteron! My opty is 11x (148), but how?!?!? I really need to understand how is that possible, because I could use maybe 12 or even 13x multi for my opteron.

Is there somekind of bug, that is maybe usable to really increase multiplier of these "locked" opterons?!

Still beautiful OC man!!! :eek2:

My opty sucks compared to yours :(

here is my new CPU

Test Setup:

* Opteron 146 S939 CABYE 0540FPBW

* TT Sonic Tower + 120mm Panaflo >>>>> CURRENT TESTS WITH THIS AIR COOLER

* C-BuZz's Custom Made Single Stage Rotary Phase Change........to test on next :D

* 2x512MB G.Skill PC4800FF TCCD RAM

* 2x512MB G.Skill PC4400LE TCCD RAM

* DFI NF4 Ultra-D (6-23 bios)

* 60GB IDE Maxtor HDD

* Antec 480W True Power 20-pin with 24-pin converter

* Matrox PCI Video Card

* Ambient Temps: 23.3-25.5C

* IHS: off

there is something special about this chip ;) anyone notice

Damn I have almost the same exact setup! help me! pmed you

How is that possible, You must be 2nd or 3rd, who has 11xmulti @ 146 opteron! My opty is 11x (148), but how?!?!? I really need to understand how is that possible, because I could use maybe 12 or even 13x multi for my opteron.

Is there somekind of bug, that is maybe usable to really increase multiplier of these "locked" opterons?!

Still beautiful OC man!!! :eek2:

My opty sucks compared to yours :(

wish i knew dude :rolleyes:

CAB2E 546

After a full night of testing i was still not able to break 3ghz

I am running a somewhat stable 2925mhz @ 1.55v though (stable being that i played Cs:source all night with no issues and PI ran with no problems I havent ran a full test yet) CPU ran great at this speed a little warmer than i expected on water. 37-38c idle 47c max.

I tryed 3025mhz 11x275 and 10x300 and a few others at 1.6v and was still not able to hit 3ghz.