Unofficial Opteron 939 Thread

We are not worthy. bows multiple times :)

Let me see if I got this story right -

So when you bought the chip from the guy it was a 10X.

And he sent it to you IN the mobo socket.

And then you fired it up and it was 11x?

And NO drugs or alcohol were involved with this craziness?

umm yeap.......hehehe.......the seller couldn't believe it heheheh he was doing a lot of WTF-ing and so on heheheheh

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Kane do you do testing for Anandtech, just curious because of the text that is over your screenshots. I would love to do somethink like that for a living. Maybe when I get out of college! Great job by the way!

PS, are you running a divider or is your RAM 1:1 at 333Mhz?

yeap he is..........i saw his thread over at XS.......got a bit flamed there hehehe

nice CPU indeed :)

Thanks dinos22, I hate to say it Kane but when I first saw your screenshot I thought you had just grabbed a hardware review screenshot from Anandtech and posted it as your own because of their text overlaid on your screenshots. I feel bad even thinking it now, lol!

Another one of "those" questions, so please forgive me ;)

Do I have to reinstall windows if I change cpu from the 3700+ SD to the Opteron 175?

I remember something about hitting F5 when installing windows, to install cpu driver or something... so I am not sure if that can be done with out reinstalling the OS.

Thanks, and sorry again for the size of this question :sweat:

okay, so this should be a poll, but I have no idea how many different BIOS's there are out there for the Ultra-D.

My question is, who is using what BIOS with said board, and an Opteron 148.

I tried just playing with the FSB, and Multiplier, and it doesn't like anything other then 220X10. I don't think is Chip is locked.

Could other opty users post their FSBXMulti?

I know not everyone is going to be the same, but maybe I can get a ball park range.

Just taken the plunge and swapped my 3200+ Winnie and 1gig of Geil value for an Opty 146 (CAB2E) and 2gig of Gskill HZ.. Within a few hours (being the impatient type :) ) I had the cpu running at 2.8ghz and the HZ's at 1:1.. Fine for basic stuff but totally unstable for gaming and benchies. Dropped the ram onto a 9:10 divider (254mhz / 3-4-4-8) and I'm now priming error free for 9hrs + and everything appears to be hunky dory. Well chuffed so far. Will let things bed in a bit before tweaking further.....

Just taken the plunge and swapped my 3200+ Winnie and 1gig of Geil value for an Opty 146 (CAB2E) and 2gig of Gskill HZ.. Within a few hours (being the impatient type :) ) I had the cpu running at 2.8ghz and the HZ's at 1:1.. Fine for basic stuff but totally unstable for gaming and benchies. Dropped the ram onto a 9:10 divider (254mhz / 3-4-4-8) and I'm now priming error free for 9hrs + and everything appears to be hunky dory. Well chuffed so far. Will let things bed in a bit before tweking further.....

Great man!

I am still trying to get mine stable very similar...Went from 3000+ to 148.

I think i am choking the video (its getting too hot now)

I get a studdering feeling in counter strike source now that i have never seen before. I checked the video temps and they were a little high (above 60c) and i think thats causing my issues. I am going to get the gpu cooled a little beter and then go from there. I never had any issues with the old ram and cpu and the same video.

does anyone have a 0603 146 cacje ?

there seems to be only 1 shop here that sells s939 optys and they are VERY expensive.

i checked the shop and noticed they have this opty 146 stepping. tried digging thru this thread but the closest anyone has is a 0601 cacje 146.

wonder how is this o/c like ?

Great man!

I am still trying to get mine stable very similar...Went from 3000+ to 148.

I think i am choking the video (its getting too hot now)

I get a studdering feeling in counter strike source now that i have never seen before. I checked the video temps and they were a little high (above 60c) and i think thats causing my issues. I am going to get the gpu cooled a little beter and then go from there. I never had any issues with the old ram and cpu and the same video.

Ghettotech... Not sure why you would get gpu heat problems after a simple cpu swap.. You haven't unseated or disturbed anything when doing the swap by any chance?

Reporting a stepping:

OSA144DAA5BN

CAB2E 0546FPCW

So, my setup is in the sig.

Does 9x275HTT on default Vcore. (32M Stable - no time for Prime)

Till now I've managed a descent 9x280HTT @ 1.425V with the 143 divider fir DRAM (it sucks!). The problem is sync it goes up to 230MHz Prime stable on this rig and on my previous - 3.2C + LanParty Pro875A, but on a divider - only 210! Another thing is it can't run 180 or 166 under any circumstances! Is it the opty or the RAM (it's garbage, I tell ya!) ?

EDIT: NO software, apart from Everest can report the RAM's frequency (193MHz), can't even validate cpuz! Any help...?

Best regards,

Mord

Hey Kane do you do testing for Anandtech, just curious because of the text that is over your screenshots. I would love to do somethink like that for a living. Maybe when I get out of college! Great job by the way!

PS, are you running a divider or is your RAM 1:1 at 333Mhz?

Umm.. no I just hang there alot. :) I've got an even better job. I'll let you know when you graduate from the colleged. :D

No way I'm running the mem @333MHz. (Has anyone?) It's a pair of generic Samsung PC2700 with a safe divider so that memory doesn't affect the test.

I'm just lucked out.