Guest_Jim_*

45 members have voted

1. 1. In Game voice Communication preference

• Steam
    • Ventrilo
    • xFire
    • Other

I could just cast our gameplay instead of the movies. :P
That would be neat if we made a OCC gamer channel on Youtube and posted up a bunch of our gaming sessions despite me sucking horribly.

Then again my horribleness does tend to be rather humorous sometimes...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevah again!

Only game I spent more hours on than that was Diablo 2, both of those games I shall never touch again. :lol:

LOL, kinda though i would get that response. that game ate my time and wasted those months of my life. a

nd a good bit of subscription money :rolleyes: No more mmorpgs for me.

I like Diablo 2. I regret that I didn't log in with my character often enough. He had some nice items that I worked hard to get. Now they're worthless since he's expired.

I'd play D2 again though. It's pretty cool. Hardcore only.

Edited by sack_patrol

LOL, kinda though i would get that response. that game ate my time and wasted those months of my life. a

nd a good bit of subscription money :rolleyes: No more mmorpgs for me.

I don't regret playing it, nor feel like it was time wasted, I enjoyed it a lot and had a ton of fun playing it when I did, which is what I game is supposed to be for so it did it's job for me. I just don't like being restricted to a single game, I like to try new games, you never know when you might run another game you love. :D

I'm on steam, though no games as yet. If its free i will join you, if not gift it. ;)

I don't have any multiplayer games I can gift you, but I have still got a few Half-Life 2 copies to gift away. I'll send one your way once you accept my friend invite (can't do it until then).

I don't have any multiplayer games I can gift you, but I have still got a few Half-Life 2 copies to gift away. I'll send one your way once you accept my friend invite (can't do it until then).

This reminds me that Half-Life 2 Deathmatch is actually free for anyone owning an ATI or an Nvidia graphics card, so basically free for everyone. There are 2 offers on the internets. One is for ATI, the other for Nvidia. They've been there for quite some time. At least 3 years I'd say which is pretty cool cuz the game is probably the best multiplayer FPS game ever made. There aren't many people that are playing vanilla games, but they do still exist and it's pretty damn fun.

For ATI owners

For nVidia owners

Can always play multiplayer with Synergy...

CheeseMan42 I added you on steam today. I finally had a chance to sit down and play Killing Floor for a few hours, but of course, no one was on. I like the game a lot. That Doom level is my fav so far because it's pretty small and easy haha. Ill send you a message next time I get on.

I'd so be down to HL2 it with some OCC's. HL2 is the shiz!

I'm with Deathmineral when it comes to going back to games like D2 though, any game you have to spend that much time on and have that much fun with probably won't be the same the second time around, especially if the community isn't what it used to be. I find older games that are more "jump in and play" seem to fulfill the thrill longer a second time around, but no doubt a great game is a great game, but they always keep em comin'! Just gotta wait it out a little bit if you're like everyone else and tired of WoW.

Speaking of being tired of WoW, any post-WoW MMORPG's out there making a name for themselves yet or are they all just as boring? I hear the Guild Wars 2 hype but I hope and pray that its far different from the first, don't get me wrong, the first was great.. before I played WoW.. and if the second one resembles either of those 2 games I'm afraid I'm not going to like it. I really hate when they make cookie cutter remakes and don't focus that much on a different style of game-play when it comes to RPG's.

FPS's aren't a problem really, they're simple enough so they're solid for the most part, as long as the storyline is cool and there's not that much repetition, I'm engaged.

But as much as I love FPS, which I reeeeally do, I love em all, but I reheheheeeaalllyy love me a good (MMO)RPG, I just wish they'd start to incorporate more of a FPS style too, kinda like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, both of which I haven't had the chance to fully play yet.. :cry: Bioshock and Fallout were cool and kinda hit that hybrid mark, but they still have some work to do in that department too. 2011 just seems to be slackin' a bit on the RPG end of things, its got me 'Jonesing'

Anyone ever play the game 'Savage' back in the day? It was free to play, they have Savage 2 out now, also recently made it free to play!

http://www.savage2.com/en/main.php - it'll keep ya busy for a bit if ya never heard of it, I'm sure there's still a community..?

If not maybe we can start one lol

This reminds me that Half-Life 2 Deathmatch is actually free for anyone owning an ATI or an Nvidia graphics card, so basically free for everyone. There are 2 offers on the internets. One is for ATI, the other for Nvidia. They've been there for quite some time. At least 3 years I'd say which is pretty cool cuz the game is probably the best multiplayer FPS game ever made. There aren't many people that are playing vanilla games, but they do still exist and it's pretty damn fun.

For ATI owners

For nVidia owners

holy crap,, i didn't know about this,, thanks

Steam made it soooo easy as well

Edited by feetfats

The topic of voice communication was brought up in the League of Legends thread, so I figured I'd bring it up here. While many multiplayer games do support voice chat another option, which has its own advantages and drawbacks, is to use something like Skype for voice chat. This is actually how I first learned to play League of Legends, by being in a game with some friends and getting tips over Skype.

The advantages to Skype are that it is a dedicated voice communication system, so it shouldn't have as many bugs as some games (I've seen in Borderlands it decide to transmit voice, even when told not to, for example) and allows for communication pregame, post-game, and between games, if the game is switched but party isn't. You can add also that people could join in the conversion without being in the immediate game, but perhaps the next.

If other people like the idea of voice communication and/or using Skype for it, I can either post my Skype name or, more likely, make a "Guest_Jim_* at OCC" account specifically for this.