NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Altho I had alot of fun with 602 BIOS... I couldnt get near the overclock I have in 705... 705 seems screwy at first but once you get youre routine down IT is a peice of cake to work with .. And I have gotten far better results with it.. I think you have the same memory I do (OCZ4001024eldcgec2-K)?... I know every memory set will be a little different as to clockability.. But I think with 705 you could get more out of them

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Altho I had alot of fun with 602 BIOS... I couldnt get near the overclock I have in 705... 705 seems screwy at first but once you get youre routine down IT is a peice of cake to work with .. And I have gotten far better results with it.. I think you have the same memory I do (OCZ4001024eldcgec2-K)?... I know every memory set will be a little different as to clockability.. But I think with 705 you could get more out of them

The RAID is too screwy on the 705 and the 711. I couldnt get either to work even without the raid! Maybe i will wait till the next bios comes out.

Damn today morning I can't reinstall the OS, I got the usb.sys error ? what the hell is that ???

I have had a lot of blue screen this last time , I have had found a prime stable oc but I discover that the 1.63v reported by cpuz was indeed 1.75v !!!! so I conclude about an overheating and decrease it to 1.52v real for 2.7ghz but got freeze or blue screen , the last one corrupt my hdd1 with the OS so I fix it with chkd but after I tried to reinstall the system I got this error message "the system has encountered an error with usb.sys" and the installation was stopped , do you have any idee how solve this matter?

39-45°C with my Venice at 2.43GHz (270x9) with a nice Coolermaster Hyper 48.

So you are in the right area, Alexander.

@ RiCo FrOst: very solid choice, these OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL, you won't be disappointed, and I am pretty sure they should handle more than 3.0V and reach a nice fsb (225-230 would be nice).

I got the same exact results except using stock cooling..... gotta love these venice chips!

unrelated: PEOPLE ... READ! SEARCH! use that shiny link in the red bar called search! Check out the tweak guide in my sig, you'll get answers much faster than asking the same question for the 3000th time....

Just like to say I've built my system now and had very few problems. I updated my BIOS saviour straight to the 711 BIOS and have not even tried the stock one. No cold boot issues no problems flashing etc.

Currently stable at 2.62 GHz - HTT 238 x 11 - 1:1 with Default +3 Volts on the sandy max temps 43 degrees idling at about 37 (its hot here in the UK right now)

Sticks in the orange slots. All on 2T at the moment, can't get my BH-5 stable at 1T even at stock right now. If I try and work with 1T I get various BSODs and failed Windows boots. Shame.

I'm still trying to open it up a bit more, aiming to get the HTT up to about 255 for an overall clock of 2.8GHz. Need to tidy up some cooling and find the magic numbers for my RAM first though.

XBLKs are Samsung TCCD's on brainpower PCBs.....anything lower than their XBLK series you can probably rest assure that it's just more generic chips....what are the timings? If they are like 2-3-2-6 or something like that, they could be TCCCs

my timings are 2-3-2-5 1T right now... havent changed them from the defaults...

The RAID is too screwy on the 705 and the 711. I couldnt get either to work even without the raid! Maybe i will wait till the next bios comes out.

I have had no problem setting up raid.. I use raid utility to set stripe.. Then I use a IDE harddrive with windows installed and let it format with the cluster I set the stripe @ Then discconect IDE drive .. Drop CPU multiplier Down like from 9 to 8 and do the install.. on format section just use Leave current partition with no changes . and you should be set..

But I do this with all Boards Not just this one or problem boards... Some have reported Raid with A SP2 windows disk they have problems , with anything but default cluster. But I have never had that issue that way.

you may have already tried this .. But if not I hope it helps

i just set up my RAID in the RAID BIOS...and partitioned/formatted using the Windows XP setup...

never had a prob...

although, with this board...i didn't need to do anything...i just plugged in my 2xhard drives on the RAID array, and windows booted first time...from my previous board, the EPoX 9NDA3+ NF3 Ultra...very similar board...

i've been thinking of re-installing Windows...but my RAID Array is almost full (400Gb total), and i have nowhere to put the data ,and i don't want to loose any of it :P

will be getting a 300gb SATA soon, i think....

BTW, if i do get the new SATA drive, and i overclock, does that mean i'll have to disable the unlocked sata ports (i boot from my SATA-RAID, on the locked ports) to keep the system stable???

Since you have the Ultra-D there is only the nF4 SATA controller on the PCIe bus. There are no problems with the ports at any speed.

You might be thinking of the nF3 with two ports on the chipset and two ports on a secondary controller.

i just set up my RAID in the RAID BIOS...and partitioned/formatted using the Windows XP setup...

never had a prob...

although, with this board...i didn't need to do anything...i just plugged in my 2xhard drives on the RAID array, and windows booted first time...from my previous board, the EPoX 9NDA3+ NF3 Ultra...very similar board...

i've been thinking of re-installing Windows...but my RAID Array is almost full (400Gb total), and i have nowhere to put the data ,and i don't want to loose any of it :P

will be getting a 300gb SATA soon, i think....

BTW, if i do get the new SATA drive, and i overclock, does that mean i'll have to disable the unlocked sata ports (i boot from my SATA-RAID, on the locked ports) to keep the system stable???

Since you have the Ultra-D there is only the nF4 SATA controller on the PCIe bus. There are no problems with the ports at any speed.

You might be thinking of the nF3 with two ports on the chipset and two ports on a secondary controller.

huh....yeah, i am thinking of the NF3...cause i HAVE the NF3...or i've performed a miricle of engineering my fitting my AGP 6800GT into a PCIe slot... :nod:

so yeah...if i overclock, booting from the locked SATA ports, but with a secondary drive on the unlocked port(s)...do i have to disable/disconnect it??? (i don't keep my CPU overclocked...just for benching...)