Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Just a suggestion Rico .. Looking @ youre specs I think I would go for 2x1024 And get another Hard drive and run raid striped 0 with about a 64 or up stripe and cluster . For overall gaming. I think you would get better responce times in games

Just a suggestion Rico .. Looking @ youre specs I think I would go for 2x1024 And get another Hard drive and run raid striped 0 with about a 64 or up stripe and cluster . For overall gaming. I think you would get better responce times in games

Yeah I was thinking 2x1024 and raid 0 also... cool I'll go with that :)

Thanx guys.

DeCan

Guest bobyjo

Thanks AG.. Good info, there. I too sometimes change cpu's or something that requires the removal of the heatsink. So I need to have a compound on hand that I can use. At present all I have is the white stuff that came with the Zalman hs/fans. Doesn't look any different than any other white stuff. I found a supply of Shin-Etsu for a price I can afford. Same person I purchased from over a year ago. 5 grams has lasted me over a year, mainly that stuff does not take much on one application. I am gonng try to get the stuff again. Thanks BJ

Scratch AG and put RGone... there. Hehehehehe. :D

What do you think of this ram

Corsair 2GB (2x1GBKit) TWINX-3200C2 DDRRAM/CAS 2/unbuffered

XMS3200 2048MB 2-3-3-6* 2x184 DIMM Black * These parts support 2-3-3-6 latency on Intel platforms, and 2.5-3-3-6 latency on AMD platforms.

This is for $418

The OCZ is $500 and would take a few days to get.

Guest Alexander

@Rico Frost: What CPU Tº do you have ? I have the same MoBo and CPU Cooler + Silent Cat 9cm. I think the Tº are very innacurate in this MoBo, without overclock i have 39º Idle and 49º Full load, with a 18º Ambient temperature.

Is it an issue ? or it is my CPU the hot one ?

Excuse my english, i speak english just a little.

See ya.

@Rico Frost: What CPU Tº do you have ? I have the same MoBo and CPU Cooler + Silent Cat 9cm. I think the Tº are very innacurate in this MoBo, without overclock i have 39º Idle and 49º Full load, with a 18º Ambient temperature.

See ya.

All 939 boards have trouble with temperatures.. My previous board (Abit AV8) was absolutely HORRIBLY off on the temps..

Your temps don't seem too bad, mines like 35 idle 45 load

See ya.

That sounds about right, I stopped looking at the temps a long time ago... on my old AV8 3rd eye i was getting 55-60C at load. With the DFI i get about 48-55C, 38-39 idle.

I went with the OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL Dual Channel 2Gb Kit (2x1024MB) Kit 400MHz 2-3-2-5 EL DC PC-3200 OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K

39-45°C with my Venice at 2.43GHz (270x9) with a nice Coolermaster Hyper 48.

So you are in the right area, Alexander.

@ RiCo FrOst: very solid choice, these OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL, you won't be disappointed, and I am pretty sure they should handle more than 3.0V and reach a nice fsb (225-230 would be nice).

I'm back, with only more problems (to solve).

1: If I go into bios and just select save and exit, (no changes made), it wont boot.

Only way to boot then is to reset cmos (tried all biosses)

2: Dual channel just don't work anymore (it did though). Tried different memory modules, different combinations, different slots.

When i'm in dual channel its posts, boots windows, at the end of loading windows-->reboot, no post then. Only way to boot again then is to reset cmos.

3: if i go into bios and just change anything (no matter what, even if i load optimized defaults) and do save and exit, it wont boot. Even if I shut the mobo down and unplug power, plug the power back in and try to boot then, nothing happens.

Only solotion to boot again then is to--> reset cmos.

At all these problems i tried the 3 different biosses, 602, 705 and 711.

None of them have done anything good.

Plz help me, i think i just have a fauly board?

@ RiCo FrOst: very solid choice, these OCZ Platinum PC3200 EL, you won't be disappointed, and I am pretty sure they should handle more than 3.0V and reach a nice fsb (225-230 would be nice).

Sweet that's what i like to hear :)

ok i just noticed that for some reason my HTT speed is displayed as 771MHz, when my HTT is set to 257 MHz and 3x LDT. I thought it would be more like 257x2=514MHz DDR times 3xHTT multiplier = 1542MHz HTT, or am i wrong. i am going by a guide from AG on this website. ALso i noticed that my GPU speed is displayed as 12Mhz from Sandra and Everest. but everything is stable and running great. just wondering if u guys had any ides of what might be going on....

==============================================

280x2 = 560Mhz DDR times 4x HTT multi = 2240Mhz HTT

280x9 (cpu default mutliplier) = 2520Mhz...no problem...

but

its not stable!

the HTT bus is too high...lets drop it down to 3x HTT...

280x2 = 560Mhz DDR time 3x HTT = 1680Mhz HTT

now we get back in the '1200-1800' range. Much more stable as we know our A64 will max Mhz @ 2660 for example just like the AthlonXP.

so now that HTT speed is within reason, we do the Mhz calculation, just like we do on teh AthlonXP:

280x9 = 2520Mhz. Which is same as above. But this time the HTT is within reason and can function at this HTT speed.

============================================

ok i just noticed that for some reason my HTT speed is displayed as 771MHz, when my HTT is set to 257 MHz and 3x LDT. I thought it would be more like 257x2=514MHz DDR times 3xHTT multiplier = 1542MHz HTT, or am i wrong. i am going by a guide from AG on this website. ALso i noticed that my GPU speed is displayed as 12Mhz from Sandra and Everest. but everything is stable and running great. just wondering if u guys had any ides of what might be going on....

hmm...i've never seen it displayed that way before (DDR X LDT = HTT)

just FSBxLDT Multi=HTT...ie 257x3=771

you can do that if you want...but, it doesn't really serve any purpose...

about your GPU speed...Sandra and Everest are just displaying it wrong...goto www.guru3d.com and download COOLBITS, then enabled the Overclocking tab in the NVIDIA Drivers, and check the clock speeds there...

but if it really was running at 12Mhz, you'd know!!!!