Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I'm back, with only more problems (to solve).

1: If I go into bios and just select save and exit, (no changes made), it wont boot.

Only way to boot then is to reset cmos (tried all biosses)

2: Dual channel just don't work anymore (it did though). Tried different memory modules, different combinations, different slots.

When i'm in dual channel its posts, boots windows, at the end of loading windows-->reboot, no post then. Only way to boot again then is to reset cmos.

3: if i go into bios and just change anything (no matter what, even if i load optimized defaults) and do save and exit, it wont boot. Even if I shut the mobo down and unplug power, plug the power back in and try to boot then, nothing happens.

Only solotion to boot again then is to--> reset cmos.

At all these problems i tried the 3 different biosses, 602, 705 and 711.

None of them have done anything good.

Plz help me, i think i just have a fauly board?

Try going back into bios and genie and I bet when it wont post HTT is either 339 or 449 .. set it to 200 then F-10 save and exit and tyou should be able to go , Without clearing CMOS, Right now for me 705 is the best BIOS still buggy but very workable

will dfi remove de resistance if i rma my board ??? without the resistance the board dont undervolt, right?

It wont solve undervolting but will report voltages more acuratly

ALEXANDER.Mine does that with 711 .But 705 I cam go to 290 1:1 Try 705 and see if you can do better with it ,if you havent already tried it.. Just make the first few changes slow and boot all the way into windows each increase

I tried the same thing last night but mine would bsod with 8.5...This was lowering it from 9 with the same FSB. I've had it at 8.5 before and the system was unstable even if I was able to get into windows...These are the times I wish we had the 9/10 divider like I have on the my LP NF3 754...

no joke. 9/10 would be SO great. Its a damn shame to be running my OCZ Plat. Rev. 2 TCC5 at 239 MHz 2-3-3-5, when i know they are capable of at LEAST 275 :(.

Why is my memory fine in memtest up to 300 3-4-4-10 no errors at all but unstable as . in windows at the same clock speed?

And what is this OCZ Memtest I hear of every so often?

Thanks a million.

OCZ memtest has just been modified a little for their testing purposes.... If you are memtesting to 300 and not stable in windows It is most likely CPU errors.. Try a little more voltage to CPU if you arent already too high on it....If that dont work you may be 2 CPU's limit

OCZ memtest has just been modified a little for their testing purposes.... If you are memtesting to 300 and not stable in windows It is most likely CPU errors.. Try a little more voltage to CPU if you arent already too high on it....If that dont work you may be 2 CPU's limit

You mean like the mem controller? Because its prime stable.

Most likely it is the actual Core not memcontroller.. altho they are togather on the Actual CPU package(for lack of a better term) One can erro and the other be fine.. that being said the voltage will follow as there arent seperate settings for each with these BIOS..

Hope that makes sence.. will try to find a better way to explain it if I can

or someone else may be able to explain it better

whatever the explanation, its a no-go. I went down to 285 Increased the chipset and CPU voltage to 1.85 and ~1.58 respectively, which is too much compensation, because CPU is king.

no joke. 9/10 would be SO great. Its a damn shame to be running my OCZ Plat. Rev. 2 TCC5 at 239 MHz 2-3-3-5, when i know they are capable of at LEAST 275 :(.

Why is my memory fine in memtest up to 300 3-4-4-10 no errors at all but unstable as . in windows at the same clock speed?

And what is this OCZ Memtest I hear of every so often?

Thanks a million.

Have you tried the yellow slots. My OCZ's would bsod everytime at 1T no matter what slots they were in or what speed they were set at until I tried them again with bios 711. They would still crash nine times out of 10 until I moved them to the mellow yellows...

Also, if you can run your memory 1:1 at 300 mhz by going 2T there really doesn't seem to be much difference other than a point of pride trying to stick with 1T ;) ...My XBLK's are good to around 270mhz 1T in memtest which means I end up running around 260 stable but dividers are lacking and half multis (for trying to cheater divide) aren't too stable...Damned processor is a piece of cake compared to fussing around with memory for hours on end...

whatever the explanation, its a no-go. I went down to 285 Increased the chipset and CPU voltage to 1.85 and ~1.58 respectively, which is too much compensation, because CPU is king.

are the memory timing in youre specs current ? If they are try 2.5-4-7-3 and see how high you can get with that

Here are a couple of screenis from my previous post If the settings there help any

Guest bobyjo

Alexander :::Have you ever thought of running A64 Tweaker and printing the memory settings at "DEFAULT" speeds.

Then setup your system for your OC, after setting the bios for OC'ng, go back to memery settings and look at where the settings are.

You know the memory runs OK at 200mhz, so why not change the settings to simular settings as they were at 200mhz.

Save and exit, then check where you are.

You have to remember this is a big secret, about the A64 Tweaker settings so don't spread it around. OK.

Oldguy- My sig was old, this is all at 2T, and I am also using the mellow yellows.

blinker- I updated my sig today. @ 239 2-3-3-4 2T Stable. I was trying 285-300 at 3-4-4-10-2T when it wouldnt work.