NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

P.S. You nailed it Nubius!
Glad I'm not alone in my thoughts :)

OldGuy - I'm asking you this because I believe you addressed this before....you were having troubles with HTT at 2x correct? Troubles like it not even posting.....Now tell me if my math is wrong here..

166 is 83% of 200 correct? So with that assumption...if I wanted to have my RAM running at 270MHz using the 166 divider, I would need my HTT at 325.... as 325 x .83 = 270 (well 269.75, but whos counting :P) Now I've I'm running 325x8 instead of 20x9.5 because of that 'half multi' that someone else brought up.....I open up CPU-Z and it says my RAM is running at 260MHz which is 80% of said 325HTT....what's up with that? The guy who commented on the multi said that when using a half multi that it's actually lower than the given MHz no matter what CPU-Z says....yet...now that I'm using a whole multi it's actually lower than what the percentage of 166 to 200 should be....am I making sense?

My memory bandwidth in Everest says 7031mb/sec at DDR520 using this 325x8 whereas using DDR520 with 260x10 yielded around 6900mb/sec However, sandra is reporting the same numbers as with 260x10 but most people agree that they distrust Sandra..

Either way I'm at a loss as to why it's doing 80% of 325 resulting in 260 and not the 270 that I was hoping for.

Now the reason I ask for your troubles with HTT 2x is because obviously, unless 2x works I'll be limited to 333HTT....I was wanting to lower my Multi to 7x and the HTT to 2x so I could do above 333 without consequences.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Giasan :) What's up compadre? Good to see you're still happy with yer rig...and haven't killed it with any of these bios they've released. I think I beat you to the punch with the 705 :DWASN'T ANY FUN AT ALL!!!!!

yes, but many other problem with this board persist, like cold boot and stability over my screen @1T.

Everytime i boot up my pc, i must enter the bios, save and exit. At any frequency and voltage.

I'm waiting like you and many other for a real official bios for hit the limit whit this board.

Everytime i boot up my pc, i must enter the bios, save and exit. At any frequency and voltage.
I gotta do the same thing...I gotta flip the PSU off, then back on before I even go through that process though...otherwise what happens is, power goes to the board, and I can hear my hard drives click, but it won't even post.....it's weird

@ OldGuy:

4X256Meg Patriot XBLK Adventure

1) Started with the 0602 Original BIOS: 4 sticks would not POST for love nor money at any setting.

2) With 0629 BIOS: 4 sticks would not POST at 1T for love nor money also.

3) With 0629 BIOS, and 2T I got up to 9X285 with no memtest errors. 200 2T 2.5-3-7-3-Auto-->Auto

4) With 0629 BIOS, and 2T I got up to 9X310 with no memtest errors. 200 2T 2.5-4-7-3-Auto-->Auto

Conclusion:

4X256 overclocks almost as well as 2X256 @1T, but that's probably because of Trcd having to be set at 4 when above 280-290.... Also, 2T doesn't hurt... :D

dfinf3ultra070905-1.jpg

maybe try holding down the DEL key...that will load BIOS defaults for that boot-up or something...
Wha? I don't get what you're saying at all......holding delete will do nothing but get me into the BIOS....why do you say that will load BIOS defaults?

Rebelshaven - jeez you seem to be having damn good luck....I'm using orange slots and my memory is maxing out at 270MHz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings...I even tried 2.5-4-3-7 like yours and I think 2.5-4-3-10 as well....using 3v....it's 2x512 for me....however I'm using the 602 BIOS because I heard some of the worst things about the 629 so I hadn't bothered with it.

According to everest when I just ran my memory at 258MHz right now...it's 322HTT with 166 divider which results in 258MHz it was getting 7031mb/sec in Everest....I figured yours being 60MHz faster would be a little higher than 400mb/sec more especially if you're running 1T

I'm jealous of your venice running that high unlike mine which won't even do 2.6GHz with CPU VID = pass through and +.7v adjustment which results in 1.72v :(

Glad I'm not alone in my thoughts :)

OldGuy - I'm asking you this because I believe you addressed this before....you were having troubles with HTT at 2x correct? Troubles like it not even posting.....Now tell me if my math is wrong here..

166 is 83% of 200 correct? So with that assumption...if I wanted to have my RAM running at 270MHz using the 166 divider, I would need my HTT at 325.... as 325 x .83 = 270 (well 269.75, but whos counting :P) Now I've I'm running 325x8 instead of 20x9.5 because of that 'half multi' that someone else brought up.....I open up CPU-Z and it says my RAM is running at 260MHz which is 80% of said 325HTT....what's up with that? The guy who commented on the multi said that when using a half multi that it's actually lower than the given MHz no matter what CPU-Z says....yet...now that I'm using a whole multi it's actually lower than what the percentage of 166 to 200 should be....am I making sense?

My memory bandwidth in Everest says 7031mb/sec at DDR520 using this 325x8 whereas using DDR520 with 260x10 yielded around 6900mb/sec However, sandra is reporting the same numbers as with 260x10 but most people agree that they distrust Sandra..

Either way I'm at a loss as to why it's doing 80% of 325 resulting in 260 and not the 270 that I was hoping for.

Now the reason I ask for your troubles with HTT 2x is because obviously, unless 2x works I'll be limited to 333HTT....I was wanting to lower my Multi to 7x and the HTT to 2x so I could do above 333 without consequences.

it seems that the 166 divider = ram 160 (80%)

I have attached one app that will help you for calculate the ram frequence.

Wha? I don't get what you're saying at all......holding delete will do nothing but get me into the BIOS....why do you say that will load BIOS defaults?

Rebelshaven - jeez you seem to be having damn good luck....I'm using orange slots and my memory is maxing out at 270MHz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings...I even tried 2.5-4-3-7 like yours and I think 2.5-4-3-10 as well....using 3v....it's 2x512 for me....however I'm using the 602 BIOS because I heard some of the worst things about the 629 so I hadn't bothered with it.

According to everest when I just ran my memory at 258MHz right now...it's 322HTT with 166 divider which results in 258MHz it was getting 7031mb/sec in Everest....I figured yours being 60MHz faster would be a little higher than 400mb/sec more especially if you're running 1T

I'm jealous of your venice running that high unlike mine which won't even do 2.6GHz with CPU VID = pass through and +.7v adjustment which results in 1.72v :(

It's the "Insert" key, but you may have to wait 5-10 seconds, and it doesn't work every time....

That pix above is at 2T with 4X256(single sided)... What's crazy is Everest is giving me slightly higher BW at 2T then 1T with 2X512, but I know I'm nutz cause that can't be true. I am having huge issues going into Windows with 2X512. Already borked one install...

Is your mem "XBL" or "XBLK"...? The nF3/nF4 boards are super picky as to which brands/types will go to 300+...

what do you want 400 ? that should not be much problem stable........

You Want Mo You are pushing it much? no

Oscar is legend

Thats all I want. I want DDR 400, which I'm suppose to have with 4x512 @ 2T.

I've started overclocking and am almost at 200 on the memory, so my stuff clearly can do it. DFI just needs to get workin! :nod:

Do you guys have a source as to what settings to use for MBM on the NF3/4 boards. Thanks. Also what is the stock voltage for the 4000 San Diego??