NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

hi htkm1,10x for ur help yesterday at vr-zone.

i flash back to 602 bios, cos many say this better.

i m a newbie here.

i have try to read some thread b4 post.

my question is:

i cant set my htt to 240 or above.

cos it freeze at verifying dmi pool data, which is b4 get into window.

my setting is

fsb multi 9

htt multi 3x

ram on divider of 100. other setting on dram config is AUTO

cool and quiet disable.

vid is vid pass mode (correct???) +.2(correct???)

is it cos by hdd o my venice cant go that far.

but most of the venice user can get 2.6 and above.

pls give some advise.

Make sure you are using SATA channel 3 or 4...next to the CPU...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky,

Reset the CMOS.

If you are trying to install the OS, only boot with one stick. If that doesn't work, try either one of the orange slots or yellow slots.

If it still doesn't work, up the default voltage on the CPU a bit and see if that works.

I couldn't install Windows without increasing the voltage, as the board undervolts quite a bit.

I have tried clearing cmos a few times...but it doestn seem to help...still i am yet to see the bios screen =(

I have tried clearing cmos a few times...but it doestn seem to help...still i am yet to see the bios screen =(

Hey Sky, put a signature together in the "user control panel" so we can see what yer running. This thread is way to big to try and back track to see if you posted yer specs elsewhere.....................

Right now were guessin' on how to help ya ;)

hi all. long time lurker, first time poster.

firstly, massive ups to the OG Old Guy, AG, Rgone, and to all you other noble souls that have been kickin out invaluable wisdom!

well, i finally pulled the trigger on the ultra-d and a venice 3000+, but still need some memory. would anyone advise AGAINST using the OCZ value series (OCZ4001024WV3DC-K; BH-5, i believe) with this board? i am an overclocking noob, but frankly, stock speeds will be fine for me until this damned bios business gets resolved as i'm upgrading from a (gasp!) palomino 1800+. my initial concern is just posting, with an eye towards overclocking in the future.

thanks again to all, and i appreciate any feedback.

wow it work.

really 10x for ur help.

jus now have try so hard but still cant make it.

Ports 3 and 4 are locked so they aren't affected by the buss speed...I think that is the "technical" answer :)

@ rebelshaven - I tried the XBLK's in my 250gb just to see how they would do and also to try and confirm a weak controller on my Sempy.....287mhz memtest max compared to I think 310mhz on the 939 is where they ran clean. And they run stable in windows at 300mhz. The sempy on the other hand had to go down to 272mhz to run stable though I didn't go much further than 3D benchies (Zalman sucks on the sempy and I don't feel like torturing the Sempy, still a good lil chip :) )

Anyway, these XBLK's are pretty damned flexible. Monarch has the 2X512 kits at 161.00 with free shipping right now...Tempting :P I know they won't perform on the same level as the 256meggers but close would be good...Real close even better :D

after trying to enable the sata1 and sata2.

sata connector below cpu is sata 2right?

i enable it and work for my sata hdd on sata3 connector.

cos i fell the hsf at south bridge(correc me if i wrong) is small(black in color),

i try to change it to a passive NB heatsink frm coolermaster.

is ok right, if i oc???