NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, i'm having some trouble overlcocking my processor...i can run 245 fsb @ 1.28v 'default" but in order to load windows ok at 250 i need to raise voltage, but if i raise the voltage my system restarts after windows loading screen...i've tried running 240 fsb @ default + x volts and 1.550 + x volts @ 240fsb but windows still restarts after loading bar, but it's fine at 1.28v...Any suggestions to what i can do or what bios i should try using?

btw, i've tried raising ram voltage, loosening timings, and using 166 divider (200mhz) which does no good so it's definetly vcore problem

Damn dude! I hate to break it to you but some people are having the same problem not being able to manually change the default voltage without crashing. Pretty much stuck with "voltage increase" function -or- trying one of the other bios. And there aint none of em I will recommend. I will say that it "appears" that those with this problem have had decent luck with another bios where as I am able to change my voltage and have had abysmal luck with any of the bios except for 627...

It would seem it is truly under volting and without being able to change the default, which I've come to kind of equate as a "startup" voltage, you will not get far on the default. I have tried to overclock using 1.350v +.5 and the system will not boot as an example. But if I switch to 1.550v +.3 it boots no problem...

There are some truly blatant flaws that have not been addressed with any of these bios releases. Nothing more than band-aids have been thrown out to us, some of which caused more damage than the wounds they were trying to plug. It's a shame really because the board does have potential but they are not in my opinion making things any better at this point.

Rgone posted a corporate/engineering email address several pages back and I suggest we start using it and using it with a bit of tact I might add. List every piece of hardware you are using right down to the revision level, serial numbers, whatever you can include. Forget about bitching about overclocking performance. Don't bother asking for more options. If it doesn't boot at default voltage, say so, and how much you had to increase it. Same with trying to install an OS. Are your hard drives disappearring? We have an issue with 2T. Why in gods name does it load 1T with optimized defaults? Little things like this they just seem to be missing. The 705 bios addressing default LDT 4X. Was this an issue? Geez it's like one of the easist things to change but I guess they threw that in for noobs :nod: I don't know...Anything you can think of that just plain doesn't work and work consistently. It may fall on deaf ears or they may see a friggin pattern and address it properly..............

As of right now I don't think not one little thing has been "improved"...........

Guest Swagman6531

exactly...when I read that the default HTT multiplier had been fixed I was almost shocked with rage and frustration. They spent a whole month fixing a problem that it took me 1 minute to realize and fix on my first boot-up. Among all the other issuses that cannot be fixed by changing CMOS settings they had to fix that!!

Damn dude! I hate to break it to you but some people are having the same problem not being able to manually change the default voltage without crashing. Pretty much stuck with "voltage increase" function -or- trying one of the other bios. And there aint none of em I will recommend. I will say that it "appears" that those with this problem have had decent luck with another bios where as I am able to change my voltage and have had abysmal luck with any of the bios except for 627...

It would seem it is truly under volting and without being able to change the default, which I've come to kind of equate as a "startup" voltage, you will not get far on the default. I have tried to overclock using 1.350v +.5 and the system will not boot as an example. But if I switch to 1.550v +.3 it boots no problem...

There are some truly blatant flaws that have not been addressed with any of these bios releases. Nothing more than band-aids have been thrown out to us, some of which caused more damage than the wounds they were trying to plug. It's a shame really because the board does have potential but they are not in my opinion making things any better at this point.

Rgone posted a corporate/engineering email address several pages back and I suggest we start using it and using it with a bit of tact I might add. List every piece of hardware you are using right down to the revision level, serial numbers, whatever you can include. Forget about bitching about overclocking performance. Don't bother asking for more options. If it doesn't boot at default voltage, say so, and how much you had to increase it. Same with trying to install an OS. Are your hard drives disappearring? We have an issue with 2T. Why in gods name does it load 1T with optimized defaults? Little things like this they just seem to be missing. The 705 bios addressing default LDT 4X. Was this an issue? Geez it's like one of the easist things to change but I guess they threw that in for noobs :nod: I don't know...Anything you can think of that just plain doesn't work and work consistently. It may fall on deaf ears or they may see a friggin pattern and address it properly..............

As of right now I don't think not one little thing has been "improved"...........

Hi Oldguy! I fell a few pages back lol, doesnt look like i missed to much tho ;) Still using default bios and pretty much everything default and im running good, but i wanna take another stab at getting a little over 2.0ghz on this venice 3200 lol (didnt work out the first few times ;) ) , Is this LDT Multiplier default @ 5x? should i lower that to 4 along with my other ones? 200x10 right now, what are the exact names of the multis in bios?

yes and no..

it is not supposed to default to 333 anymore, but it still wont do 1T w 4 ds dimms in.

I don't care about 1T, but I should be able to get 400 with 2T and I can't....

I flashed to 629 and when I run 2T with the memory divider at 200, when it restarts I get this horrible repeated alarm noise and no picture. I have to clear CMOS to get everything loaded again.

Hi Oldguy! I fell a few pages back lol, doesnt look like i missed to much tho ;) Still using default bios and pretty much everything default and im running good, but i wanna take another stab at getting a little over 2.0ghz on this venice 3200 lol (didnt work out the first few times ;) ) , Is this LDT Multiplier default @ 5x? should i lower that to 4 along with my other ones? 200x10 right now, what are the exact names of the multis in bios?

What you will find is that it's easiest to just set it at 3X and forget about it. If you set it at 4X and yer not paying attention and hit 251mhz and things aint workin all of a sudden yer gonna be scratchin yer head wonderin' what's going on ;) I haven't spent much time below 250mhz so I haven't bothered to see if there is any real gain by keeping it as close to 2000mhz as possible...don't plan on runnin below 250mhz anyway so I probably won't bother to check :D

"cpu overclock in mhz" for increasing cpu frequency

"hammer fid control" for cpu multiplier

"agp overclock in mhz" just set it at 67 and forget it

"ht frequency" is your ldt, set it at 3X and forget it

Settle in with the A64 OC guide and pick one or the other (memory or processor) and you'll have that puppy flyin in no time............well actually it does take some time to do it right :nod:

I don't care about 1T, but I should be able to get 400 with 2T and I can't....

I flashed to 629 and when I run 2T with the memory divider at 200, when it restarts I get this horrible repeated alarm noise and no picture. I have to clear CMOS to get everything loaded again.

And that should be enough right there to tell ya to flash back to 602 as soon as humanly possible before you are stuck with a corrupt bios............

Not worth the effort my friend...Trying to fight with this beast will only cause hair loss and pre-mature aging...........

Address brought forward to this page as you have the straight of it "Old Guy"...

And you stated it exactly as I would make up the email and everyone with problem needs to start now and do it right, men.

RGone...