NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Mushkin Redline XP3200's work well 1T 2-3-2-6 3.20v @ 235ish (2X512) (255mhz memtest stable with 3.4v on 250gb rig, windows stable at 240ish)

PQI Turbo PQI3200-1024DB work well 1T variuos timings 2.9v up to 240ish (2X512) only go up to 208 at 2-2-2-5 but they are pretty robust with looser timings

G.skill F1-3200BWU2-1GBGH work well 1T similar to mushies with less voltage but don't go as high and tight (2X512)

Patriot PDC5123200+XBLK work well 1T...Still testing but these little boogers do DDR600+ with ease 2.5-4-3-7 2.9~3.0v (2X256)

I'm in Canada so those are pretty hard to find, I also need 2Gigs of ram so right now it's either Corsair Value, Kingston Value or Samsungs, I think I will go with the latter.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the problem, this board hates Corsair ram :( I put a stick of Samsung in and that thing worked perfectly fine at specs. I might go out and buy 2 generic samsung sticks and just run memory with low settings since my highend corsair is no good for this board.

Thanks for trying to help!

This board seems to like my Corsair XMS. will run 250 1:1 with sloppy timings and it will also run 1T with the same sloppy timings 3-4-4-8.

ok so i gots a questions for you all, you guys have an idea why if i have my memory timings at 2-2-2-5 2t windows will hang?

Is the memory new to you and your rig? Is this at stock clocks? Is your OS already installed or are you hangin' during install? What voltage are you running on the CPU and memory?

Guest bobyjo

Maybe you need to go to 3-4-4-8.

I think you will find the memory will be much more forgiving at this setting.

If everything goes well at this setting, gradually tighten up the settings, until you find the best setting for your system & memory.

There is a new official bios release out on DFI's site

And it should be avoided like the plague

Do not bother with it if you are stable right now...Several of us have already had some less than pleasant experience with it...

Guest Swagman6531

Geez, and thanks for the warning. I am stable but only after many days of blood, sweat, and tears. And to think that is an "official" release!!

Guest Swagman6531

....and what the hell?!?! They can't even spell the file name right. What is "NF3id"?

Guest Swagman6531

I once had a lot of faith in DFI despite their premature and untested release of this motherboard. I've managed to finally get my system stable through many trials and tests over a couple of weeks, but yet no matter what I do it will not run stable at "stock" speeds. It's odd that it is running stable at high OC'ed speeds but not stock. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they would quickly remedy this problem but it seems that the remedies are giving people even more problems than the original. This is totally unacceptable.

Hey, anybody have any ideas about the problem I'm having? It's where I could run my HTT at 330mhz stable over night with two instances of prime, but at some point now when I try to run it, it crashes in less than 10 minutes? just locks up windows. Any help would be great!