NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Ok didn't change anything for me :(

Does anyone else have same problems? Forget my SCSI, RAM doesn't want to run even stock. FSB can go very high ~300, I decided to try 240Mhz fsb and put ram lock at 166 which means it's under its rated 200Mhz but ram doesn't work, am I misunderstanding this whole divider thing? So far the only way to run RAM at specs is to use auto setting, any change in clocks and ram doesn't go to 200 :(

Please help if you can.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Guy and others. Be the h*ll careful with this bios. I think I have ALREADY tried it with a name of NF3UD705.bin and the NF3id705.bin is a typO mistake. The bios is a mistake as well so far as I know. I know of 3 boards flashed with it. One lost a stick of memory and 'then' seemed to work. The other two boards required a HOTFLASH to get going again. One of those boards needing hotflash was my own board. At that time it had 4400LE memory and SD 3700 in it. Now it has 3000+Winnie and BT Firestix in it and I WILL HAVE TO HOTFLASH to get going again. I reported this 2 days ago on the 5th the date of bios and yet it shows up. So I have no friggen clue men. Just the hale be prepared to HOTFLASH. It of course will not make every board unbootable like Old Guy is seeing but it will fix enough of you guys where you cannot boot that it is NOT worth it to flash. Spread the word to be d*mn sure you have a spare plan to recover from a bad flash and be able to hotflash your bios chip back to life, because that is what I am fixing to have to do as it makes no differnce how long you clear the CMOS it will not ever boot is what I have experienced and had to HOTFLASH like I have said above. Sorry but they never listen to what we report so far as I can tell and is why you see little of AG or I in here about this board. I have wasted tons of time on it for almost naught.

RGone...

RGone...

Well they did move the memory settings just to confuse me....Though i think they had already done that with betas. What baffles me is that it defaults to 1T which so many people have a problem with...And mine actually was defaulting to 4X before. Maybe thats where it was when I backed it up before flashing the first time...1st attempt to load windows with optimized defaults resulted in a blank screen and blinking leds on the cd and hd....Time to do a 30 minute clear and have some dinner I think :(

@ Rgone - Man I jumped all over this "only" cuz it was listed as "official"...Last time for me buds....Aint touchin none of these bios till you or AG has something good, bad or indifferent to say about em' first.

I am back on "MY" original 602 and back up and into windows...Lordy those boys need to pull real hard and listen for a pop (which would would be the sound of their heads dislodging for their arses)...Though we can only hope and pray for that day it seems ;)

A shame some folks are going through what they are going through...

Whew!! is all I can say and I'm going back to where I was enjoying myself with me new ram before this lil classy lady reared her ugly head...

Yes, I know man. I was not going to say anything until I saw you say it was clearing the CMOS for 30 mins and I could not let you wait and still be dead in the water.

I have HOTFLASHED back to the NF3UD629.bin and after saving the FSB 8 times to bios to keep it from constantly showing 353 FSB I finally got it going again. That is why I urge sense/restraint/and safety if you flash that 705 bios.

The smart thing to do is leave the 705 alone.

RGone...

@ Rgone - Man I jumped all over this "only" cuz it was listed as "official"...Last time for me buds....Aint touchin none of these bios till you or AG has something good, bad or indifferent to say about em' first.

I am back on "MY" original 602 and back up and into windows...Lordy those boys need to pull real hard and listen for a pop (which would would be the sound of their heads dislodging for their arses)...Though we can only hope and pray for that day it seems ;)

A shame some folks are going through what they are going through...

Whew!! is all I can say and I'm going back to where I was enjoying myself with me new ram before this lil classy lady reared her ugly head...

Whew... that was a close one. By the time I read about the new 705 at work an

hour ago, drove home with anticipation ready to flash an *official* new bios,

I read the bad news here just before I flashed. Damn, I'm never gonna get a

chance to crash an burn with you all being so quick, heh!

edit: Remember that old old old cerial commercial - I'm not gonna try it, you try it..

not me, lets get Mikey, he'll try anything ....

@ Rgone - 629 did the same exact thing to me and it took a good half hour just to get out of clear cmos, re-boot, load defaults, reboot, repeat repeat repeat till I could get to a point of flashing back....

Is 629 just marginally better for you than 602? Maybe it's just my gear being a lil different but I just don't envy you not one little bit having to work with the 629. Does it at least allow you to adjust voltage? Anything positive that you keep goin back to it for??????

@ Nineball - Awe come on bro! Go for it! What's better than a hard days work followed by a total butt pucker oh my god what have I done now experience? You just can't beat that thrilling feeling :sweat:

Oh yeah............I remember Mikey. Mikey wouldn't like this bios :shake:

Whew OldGuy yous one brave sonofa...

In regards to that XBLK RAM, it seems I've maxed out at 270MHz with 2.5-3-3-7-2T timings and running 3v....that's what I'm running right now for 24/7 use is 270x9.5

This is of course with 2x512....I too JUST now noticed that Rebelhaven was using 2x256 when you mentioned it a couple pages back....I think with perhaps a better BIOS and more memory tweaking (As I'm definitely not an expert with the advanced options) you could get these sticks a bit higher....just thought I'd let you know of my experience though...the Patriot XBLX's definitely are some good sticks.

In regards to that XBLK RAM, it seems I've maxed out at 270MHz with 2.5-3-3-7-2T timings and running 3v....that's what I'm running right now for 24/7 use is 270x9.5

This is of course with 2x512....I too JUST now noticed that Rebelhaven was using 2x256 when you mentioned it a couple pages back....I think with perhaps a better BIOS and more memory tweaking (As I'm definitely not an expert with the advanced options) you could get these sticks a bit higher....just thought I'd let you know of my experience though...the Patriot XBLX's definitely are some good sticks.

I think stupid would be a more apt description...

I'm running em 300X9 1:1 3.0v 2.5-4-3-7-1T all the rest on auto like the rebel meister. I'm just amazed to see em go so high...And be in windows at the same time :P I can run em 2-3-2-6 up to 244 but I didn't spend a whole lot of time trying to run em tight. They started throwin errors at around 230ish at 2-2-2-5 so they are fairly typical for quality DDR400. They don't really like more than 3.0~3.1v...

Bandwidth is good. Latency okay and read is good. Right suffers quite a bit from running this loose. All things I need to play with in A64 tweaker to see what's what. I'm leaning toward lower frequency and tight timings and this is where A 9/10 DIVIDER IN THE NEXT "REAL" OFFICIAL BIOS WOULD REALLY COME IN HANDY!!!!!

@ rebel - What are you going to do about the ram running DDR333 with all dimms populated? The 200mhz memory lock still doesn't work at this point right?

You do realise that when you're using half multi's that your ram isn't actually at 1:1? When using half multi's your ram actually runs on a divider, making it slower than what it appears as. Even if it shows 270 in CPUz or any other prog, it's actually running slower when you use half multi's on A64 boards.

Linky to A64 Complete Memory Divider table

You can see there that when using half multi's using 1:1 it actually doesn't stick.

---dens

@ Old Guy. You got the UT250gb right? Does this even work for you on that board?

A 9/10 DIVIDER IN THE NEXT "REAL" OFFICIAL BIOS WOULD REALLY COME IN HANDY!!!!!

I ask because if I remember rightly the NF3 never faired well at all with the 180 setting which was 9/10. Those are not true settings for an a64 processor but adds inserted to bios and often the memory or the processor governs if the dividers other than 100, 133 and 166 will even work. It is an iffy proposition because of the variables I mentioned and I think memory being accurate the 180 9/10 did not work very well for many and I doubt they will try to put it on this board at all.

RGone...