Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Ok I did some more testing and samsung doesn't work in dualchannel at stock speeds either :(

With one stick everything is ok. Close to giving up.

Guest Swagman6531
Mine are actually CH-5 chips, I think this board likes samsung chips more than any other ones so as I said I might go with generic samsungs over kingstoh/geil/ocz value lines.

well try and find a module that comes with the Samsung TCC5 chips.... They are justs slightly more expensive than the Value line of products and have the performance of the high end Samsung TCCD chips. They are exactly the same chips it is just that the TCC5 are not tested to run as high as the TCCD so they are sold for much cheaper.I believe the new OCz Platinum rev 2 have them

Any complaints running Corsair XMS PC3200 C2 Rev 5.1 on this board? Yeah, it has crappy Promos modules, I know. I'll be obtaining some better stuff in the future.

Ok I did some more testing and samsung doesn't work in dualchannel at stock speeds either :(

With one stick everything is ok. Close to giving up.

Well I don't think the kingston value line is what yer after and the OCZ's would be what I would pick if that's all I had to choose from. You really are screwed right now because any one of these may or may not work and you just won't know till you try. I'd just check on the sellers return policy before buying and cross yer fingers :( Even better if ya can get em' local and spare the time and cost of shipping. If they don't work you go right back and exchange em for something else usually without a restocking fee. You have a valid reason for returning with incompatability...........Works for me with Fry's/Outpost...

They are exactly the same chips it is just that the TCC5 are not tested to run as high as the TCCD so they are sold for much cheaper.I believe the new OCz Platinum rev 2 have them
Yeah, the OCZ Platinum Rev2's do infact now use TCC5's....I'd believe this is also why their price went from $275 to $175 pretty much overnight

Well I don't think the kingston value line is what yer after and the OCZ's would be what I would pick if that's all I had to choose from. You really are screwed right now because any one of these may or may not work and you just won't know till you try. I'd just check on the sellers return policy before buying and cross yer fingers :( Even better if ya can get em' local and spare the time and cost of shipping. If they don't work you go right back and exchange em for something else usually without a restocking fee. You have a valid reason for returning with incompatability...........Works for me with Fry's/Outpost...

None of the big resellers sell any decent ram here, I have to buy something and be ready to get hit with restocking if it doesn't work. I tried to exchange my DFI for Gigabyte today and even though I explained all the problems with it they wouldn't do it unless I paid restocking charge. Testing samsung 2 sticks but single channel and it seems to work much better than in dual channel but that's not a solution. I never give up but this board is driving me insane.

Guest Swagman6531

Well, I discovered something with my TCCD memory... if you are running at stock speeds then use the yellow slots and they will work. If you plan on overclocking use the orange. After extensive testing these were my results...

602 bios

stock speed-orange slots

timings 2-2-2-5-1t-memtest #5 and #8=multiple errors

timings 2-2-2-5-2t memtest #5 and #8=no errors (but still... I don't like having to run 2t at stock speeds)

stock speeds-yellow slots

2-2-2-5-1t memtest #5 and #8=no errors on multiple passes

2-2-2-5-2t memtest #5 and #8=no errors

overclocked (295x9)-orange slots

2.5-5-4-8-1t memtest #5 and #8 no errors

2.5-5-4-8-2t memtest #5 and #8 no errors

overclocked (295x9)-yellow slots

2.5-5-4-8-1t memtest #5 and #8 multiple errors

2.5-5-4-8-2t memtest #5 and #8 multiple errors

I'm running some Crucial Value 2x1024 @ 240 1:1 3 3 8 3 2.6v memtested 8 hours no problems.

My memory controller must be weak cause I can't get 1T.

but I'm very happy nonetheless. lots of bandwith....

Guest Swagman6531
I'm running some Crucial Value @ 240 1:1 3 3 8 3 2.6v memtested 8 hours no problems.

My memory controller must be weak cause I can't get 1T.

but I'm very happy nonetheless. lots of bandwith....

I see the new San Diegos might also be plagued with some weak memory controllers too.

Funny thing is I had 2x512 corsair value and 2x256 corsair 3500 running DC 1T no problem. :confused: so I'm not as sure it is a controller problem. :confused:

@ swagman - That is something I didn't bother to try with the OCZ PC4800's. They won't boot into windows period at 1T in either slot (though they memtest error free up past 300mhz)

Using them at 2T I just never got a warm and fuzzy that they were completely stable in windows.

@ Vladislav - That sucks :eek: I know there isn't a whole lotta choice around here locally except for the generic value stuff. PCclub list's decent stuff but they never have it in stock. Compusa same thing except they don't even list good stuff. Fry's is the only place that carries good stuff and they charge quite a bit more than etailers. You should move to the states man so you can blow lots of money at Newegg ;) They don't ship to Canada???????????

Funny thing is I had 2x512 corsair value and 2x256 corsair 3500 running DC 1T no problem. :confused: so I'm not as sure it is a controller problem. :confused:

No, I don't think it's the Sandy. Too many people can't run 2T on these mobos to really point the finger at the controller and my Sandy does fine with other memory at 1T as well. The memory will either do 1t on this board or it won't...bios fix or no? just a bad combo or no?

Stay tuned and maybe someday we will have the answer :D