NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

i run T1 on a newcastle...

so i don't think it would be the mem controller...

i actually thought my mem controller was weak cause i couldn't run T1 on my previous motherboards (GB K8NSNXP-939 and EPoX 9NDA3+)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swagman6531

@old guy, you're making perfect sense but how would that explain that changing slot preferences on my M/B. yellow for stock and orange for overclock?

I also read earlier in this thread that DIMM3 was a weak slot.... now TCCD chips need a weak signal in order to operate at high frequencies which might explain why the orange (DIMM1 and DIMM3) work for overclocking. At stock frequencies and tight timings TCCD needs a strong signal which might explain why using the weak DIMM3 slot might not suffice. Now this is a longshot but it's a good guess

@ Vladislav - That sucks :eek: I know there isn't a whole lotta choice around here locally except for the generic value stuff. PCclub list's decent stuff but they never have it in stock. Compusa same thing except they don't even list good stuff. Fry's is the only place that carries good stuff and they charge quite a bit more than etailers. You should move to the states man so you can blow lots of money at Newegg ;) They don't ship to Canada???????????

never! I love Canada :)

Newegg doesn't ship here and we have no retailer like that. I guess I'll flip a coin and just buy some ram, if it doesn't work I will dump the board alltogether and eat the loss.

Hey guys, i'm having some trouble overlcocking my processor...i can run 245 fsb @ 1.28v 'default" but in order to load windows ok at 250 i need to raise voltage, but if i raise the voltage my system restarts after windows loading screen...i've tried running 240 fsb @ default + x volts and 1.550 + x volts @ 240fsb but windows still restarts after loading bar, but it's fine at 1.28v...Any suggestions to what i can do or what bios i should try using?

btw, i've tried raising ram voltage, loosening timings, and using 166 divider (200mhz) which does no good so it's definetly vcore problem

@old guy, you're making perfect sense but how would that explain that changing slot preferences on my M/B. yellow for stock and orange for overclock?

I also read earlier in this thread that DIMM3 was a weak slot.... now TCCD chips need a weak signal in order to operate at high frequencies which might explain why the orange (DIMM1 and DIMM3) work for overclocking. At stock frequencies and tight timings TCCD needs a strong signal which might explain why using the weak DIMM3 slot might not suffice. Now this is a longshot but it's a good guess

I think every motherboard is different so tagging one particular slot as being weak or strong and applying it across all of our boards as a yardstick would be folly. To be sure some have stated "hey, the orangies worked better for me" and some may follow suit and have better results as well and others may not. Too many variables.

Last month I hit a snag going from one stick of my OCZ's to two after having tweaked one stick to run real well. Put the other stick in and expected to get a little less stability but it was error city in memtest. I was pretty bummed and left it alone for a few days. When I came back and tried again I decided to swap slots and viola! No errors! Got em both back runnin just shy of where I had the one running well. That was in a single channel setup in my 250gb where some people have better luck with slots one and two and others have better results with slots one and three (me :nod: ).

The cpu/mem controller, the mobo hardware and it's voltage regulation, the memory, the power supply and the bios all have to get along and they all do it differently right down to exact same setups...

I find it amazing any of this . works in the first place :)

OK I think I'm gonna keep this mobo just for kicks to test hardware people if I hire any :)

Decided to try and move my dimms to slots 3&4 and I get much better stability with my samsungs, now it's same in single and dual channel so at least something :)

Edit: My Corsair TwinX still doesn't run at specs with divider.

Bios 629 does let you specify 200...But I don't think anyone has had any luck actually using it.

629 and 705 (ones that I saw briefly) had Auto, 200, 166, 133 and 100...But like I said the 200 is more problems than it's worth...

If yer trying to run four sticks I think you are stuck with 333 or possibly setting it to 2T will auto it to 200.................Haven't had the need to try as I've only run dual channel to this point.

But didn't AMD fix DDR400 4x512 with the X2/Venice/San Diegos with running at 2T!

I have 1T/2T on Auto and the Memory Divider on Auto, it puts it at DDR 333 and 2T on startup. If I set the 1T/2T from Auto to 2T, it still does DDR 333!