Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Since it looks that no one noticed this :

To improve compatibility with TCCD memory I tried with success these settings:

Trtw auto or 3 at least

Idle Cycle Limit 128 clks

DDR DQ Drive Strength 50% reduction

It improved the stability of my Gskill TCCD with a very little loss of performance but making them work GREAT at 1t...maybe it'll work for you too,guys ;)

Edit:The DDR DQ Drive Strength looks to be a parameter that works only on A64 rev. E cpus(Venice & Sandiego)...another important parameter for my rams is Trfc that must be 14 for better stability

To improve compatibility with TCCD memory I tried with success these settings:

Trtw auto or 3 at least

Idle Cycle Limit 128 clks

DDR DQ Drive Strength 50% reduction

It improved the stability of my Gskill TCCD with a very little loss of performance but making them work GREAT at 1t...maybe it'll work for you too,guys ;)

Eccote. :)

Guys my previous post got buried so I will try again, if I have pretty decent 2x512 of ram taht can run cas2 at 230Mhz on my other motherboard how come I can't have my fsb over 228 when the memory lock is at 166 so overall memory is running under 200mhz and no timing changes will make it go higher. FSB goes to 300+, cpu goes far, I know from my other board that memory does very well too, what am I doing wrong? :(

just got my DFI NF3 Ultra-D up a while ago with my sandiego

Some SanDiego Results

dfi%20nf3%20sandiego%20superpi1mbsmall.JPGdfi%20nf3%20sandiego%20superpi1mb1small.JPG

now on air.. waiting to get my water back on then i'll test further :D

@ rebel - What are you going to do about the ram running DDR333 with all dimms populated? The 200mhz memory lock still doesn't work at this point right?

I'm not 100% sure that that isn't just the BIOS screen...

For those not knowing what OG is referring to:

4XDIMMS @ 1T, POST screen says the mem is DDR333

4XDIMMS @ 2T, POST screen says the mem is DDR400

4 sticks in other nF3/nF4 boards aren't an issue with overclocking, but I never had a "matched" quad, so I don't know if the lower oc limit was real....

Hmmph... I finally get all my parts delivered to day, and I can't even get bios to come up... let alone anything. It just beeps at me with these long beeps, seperated by a few seconds. The screen has nothing on it, it isn't even getting a signal... I have no idea what to do. lol

hmm, recheck all your power connections, ie the 20-pin and 4-pin...make sure they are pushed in all the way...

take out the Video Card and the RAM, and then re-seat the Video Card...if you have more then one stick of RAM then only use ONE just to see if it works...

Wait! I put a redline stick in slot 4, and the system is running nice... but no video signal... Its a PNY Verto 128MB card that uses a molex power connector. It's running... and the fan is working, but no picture...

hmmm, im really not sure...like i said, just double re-check all the connectors and re-seat the RAM and Video Card...

BTW, running at 218*12=2.62Ghz @ 1:1 2-2-2-9 T1...6500mb/sec in SiSoft Sandra Mem Bench, 33 sec Super PI 1M