Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

A question for you guys, what ram would you pick up for this board: OCZ Value, Kingston Value, Geil Value or Samsung? They are all within same price for 1Gig modules, I want to buy 2.

Thanks

Guest Swagman6531

Corsair's twinx 3200xl rev. 1.2 are quite an impressive pair of mem chips. They have custom built Brainpower rev 815 PCB taylor made for the TCCD chips. I bought mine a few weeks ago for $200 and I have been able to get them up to 295mhz at 2.5-4-4-8. That's more bang for the buck than any other brand. Insane-tek has a good review on them.

Corsair's twinx 3200xl rev. 1.2 are quite an impressive pair of mem chips. They have custom built Brainpower rev 815 PCB taylor made for the TCCD chips. I bought mine a few weeks ago for $200 and I have been able to get them up to 295mhz at 2.5-4-4-8. That's more bang for the buck than any other brand. Insane-tek has a good review on them.

I have corsair and it doesn't work with this board. I need 2 Gigs, I would rather have relaxed timings/etc but have 2Gigs. My options are only those I listed.

Does anyone know how to get DDR 400 with 4x512 PC3200?

I have a X2 4200, so I should be able to run 4x512 @ DDR400 at 2T, with Auto it sets it to DDR 333.

Does BIOS 629 let you run DDR 400 4x512?

Why is there no 200 set option in the BIOS? There is a 100, 133, and 166!

Guest Swagman6531
I have corsair and it doesn't work with this board. I need 2 Gigs, I would rather have relaxed timings/etc but have 2Gigs. My options are only those I listed.

You have a totally different type of Corsair than I do. Your chips the 3200ll are comprised of Winbond BH-5 chips. Mine, the 3200xl are comprised of Samsung TCCD chips are totally different. the 3200xl rev 1.2 work almost flawlessly with this board (whith some tweaking of course).

Damn... really eh? Well I'll see how it goes.. hopefully it "recovers".

Just a quick question about the dividers. How do I access them on the motherboard? I seem to be having trouble since the only thing I can think of is the divider is the Memory Frequency Force option in the DRAM settings (where you can set it to Auto, 100, 133, 166). But then I realized it actually forces the DRAM to 100, 133 or 166 and isn't the divider. So where can I find the memory divider?

If those are the dividers, how come when I boot with the 133mhz setting, my RAM shows up as 266? :(

You have a totally different type of Corsair than I do. Your chips the 3200ll are comprised of Winbond BH-5 chips. Mine, the 3200xl are comprised of Samsung TCCD chips are totally different. the 3200xl rev 1.2 work almost flawlessly with this board (whith some tweaking of course).

Mine are actually CH-5 chips, I think this board likes samsung chips more than any other ones so as I said I might go with generic samsungs over kingstoh/geil/ocz value lines.

Damn... really eh? Well I'll see how it goes.. hopefully it "recovers".

Just a quick question about the dividers. How do I access them on the motherboard? I seem to be having trouble since the only thing I can think of is the divider is the Memory Frequency Force option in the DRAM settings (where you can set it to Auto, 100, 133, 166). But then I realized it actually forces the DRAM to 100, 133 or 166 and isn't the divider. So where can I find the memory divider?

If those are the dividers, how come when I boot with the 133mhz setting, my RAM shows up as 266? :(

I believe the POST screen shows the divider x 2, you should check your actual memory speed with a program in windows, it should appear correctly.

I believe the POST screen shows the divider x 2, you should check your actual memory speed with a program in windows, it should appear correctly.

Correct...memory is DDR (dual/double data rate) so 100, 133, 166 and 200 show as 200, 266, etc...........

Where's the 200 memory divider?

Is it in BIOS 629?

Bios 629 does let you specify 200...But I don't think anyone has had any luck actually using it.

629 and 705 (ones that I saw briefly) had Auto, 200, 166, 133 and 100...But like I said the 200 is more problems than it's worth...

If yer trying to run four sticks I think you are stuck with 333 or possibly setting it to 2T will auto it to 200.................Haven't had the need to try as I've only run dual channel to this point.