NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

he says the boards should arrive to the office by Monday
........is that 'this' monday or like the infamous tuesday.......it'll be there on "a" monday :P

Either way, I don't think I'll buy it the exact day it comes out...I want to give it atleast a couple days to let some reviews surface.....not that I don't want the board, but I simply like to have information about things I'm going to purchase, to see what issues if any has arisen.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

........is that 'this' monday or like the infamous tuesday.......it'll be there on "a" monday :P

Either way, I don't think I'll buy it the exact day it comes out...I want to give it atleast a couple days to let some reviews surface.....not that I don't want the board, but I simply like to have information about things I'm going to purchase, to see what issues if any has arisen.

as much as my bossmens hate when I and Rgone say this sort of thing (concerning any product, but especially our own product!), I will say it again for those of you who didn't hear it when the NF4 came, and for those that missed it when the NF3 came out, and for those that missed it when the LP NF2B came out...

anyone that has half a brain will actually wait a little bit and see what happens with a new product that just hits the shelves...anyone that just buys one the day it hits newegg or the day they read a review of it is either

A. a moron

B. someone with too much money

C. a glutton for punishment

D. a beta tester that doesn't get paid

What does this mean? It means have some common sense...let some dudes spend THEIR hard earned cash on it and test it (those that you trust anyway).

What if the board is a lemon? What if the board isn't what you really wanted after all? What if there's an unexpected compatibility problem between the board and one or more pieces of your hardware?

Now...I don't believe the board will be bad, on the contrary...I feel like this board is as solid as the 754 NF3 (which to me, is the best, strongest, most reliable board we've ever built. Bar none).

but really people...must you have it now now now now and disregard what plagues ALL new products (not just DFI, but EVERY SINGLE MFG ON THIS EARTH REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEY MFG!)?

Can't ya let Rgone and the 10-100 others test it for a week or 3 (or more) and hang around the forums to see what she's made of before YOU go plunk down all your money on it?

Like I said, the bossmans don't like me saying this, but my job is to teach the customer not only about our boards, but sometimes a little common sense...and it really doesn't get any more common then 'hey hey hey HOLD ON just a minute...wait just a little bit to see exactly what is up with this NEW product!'

if it sounds evil or condescending...well...sorry...but seriously...a little common sense goes a long way, and from what I see in the world on a daily basis...there's VERY LITTLE common sense (it seems the more money you have the less common sense you have...which is why I hope to stay poor forever lol)

Monday after next next next ! (I am all about common sense / waiting for facts). Its easy to tell everyone to go out and buy the board cause its the best thing since sliced bread, but its hard to piss a few ppl off and have then wait for ensured satisfaction. Thanks AG for always being honest and looking out for the consumer. :nod:

Despite the board not being here, and the specs still being up in the air, i've got to ask ..

Does the DFi AGP 939 board have a 3-phase VRM config for the CPU socket?

What i'm curious about is Athlon64 X2 support :nod:

Despite the board not being here, and the specs still being up in the air, i've got to ask ..

Does the DFi AGP 939 board have a 3-phase VRM config for the CPU socket?

What i'm curious about is Athlon64 X2 support :nod:

That's a damn good question - would be nice to have the ability to upgrade via that path.

I'm gonna send off an email to Nintek now expressing my interest with this board. Thanks for that.

---dens