NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Prolly go for the 3700 san diego myself.

All things being equal though (mem controllers etc) most reports on most forums are in the region of 2.5-2-7 ghz regardless of AMD designation or core, fact of the matter is that a higher AMD designation is more likely to hold stable at a higher Hz.

I really dont know how many diamonds in the rough are out there, but bang for buck (cycles for free/$) would indicate to go for the 3200 venice. (need the right memory though etc etc)

BTW still waiting for Angry to post them photos...I can almost smell the board as it comes out of the box. You know what Im saying..

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if money was not an issue everyone would have a SD or an FX-55 SD. But, honestly I use my system to rip DVD's, play games and get HW done. A $200 cpu (3200 Venice) that allows me the joys of overclocking is just fine as long as it gets the job done. The 939 NF3-ultra seems to fit the customers that dont have the money to shell out for a newer GPU. You wont see NF4 users down grading and those that could afford a SD probably has already jumped NF4. So, im curious to see how many SD or expensive chips are used in the NF3-Ultra. AG is letting us know from experience that SD is the better/best bet, but Ill have some fun with a 3200 venice. (personally I think a 3ghz+ A64 is overkill) Just my thoughts blah blah... :cat:

i don't think we run 3ghz 24/7.. mostly for benching..

my clawhammer will do 2860 260x11 stable 24/7 under water but i don't run at that speed.. doing 2500 now..

a SD will be nice.. but if money is an issue a venice will be adequate.. it depends on how much u think the processor is worth.. both will serve u well IMHO

i think i'll see quite a number of people with NF3 939 and SD.. just because of their GPU.. i know for one i'll get that board just to try it out.. can't get enough of DFI can ya? ;)

I am fond of DFI and having the support board is the reason I will continue to purchase DFI products. Good points, well just have to wait and see! Your going to buy a NF3-ultra and a videocard, or using an exsisting one babyelf ? Nice 28sec super PI btw !

I am fond of DFI and having the support board is the reason I will continue to purchase DFI products. Good points, well just have to wait and see! Your going to buy a NF3-ultra and a videocard, or using an exsisting one babyelf ? Nice 28sec super PI btw !

prob getting a GF4MX or something and use LOL can't use this cause it's pcie

thnx.. gonna try higher when the ambient temps gets lower..

tuesday!

YAY :nod:

tuesday!

If AG really has been waiting longer than everyone here for this board, and is recieving it tuesday, then I can just imagine he'd be going nuts right now :P Hiding your excitement, eh AG?

Pardon my ignorance, but will you present benchies or piccies when you get it, or is that for us to find out when we finally get it?

Damn I hope it won't take another month or two for it to get down here in Aus :( At least you're down here Babyelf! You can tell me when you get yours ;)

---dens

Unfortunately, all I wrote about this mobo specs is officially confirmed: no 24 pins ATX power connector, no 4Volt VDdr jumper option and additional 4-pin molex connector like NF4 mobos, no Karajan 8 channels Audio Module based on Realtek ALC850 (but only 6 channels audio), only 2 SAta whitout PCI bandwidth limitation, and so on...

lol dens..

i think AG said before that he'll show the board when he gets it.. but nothing before.. cause he don't know anything..

it'll reach us soon..

check www.nintek.com.au :) and u'll find it :D

direct link http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodVie...?idProduct=1848 :D

Unfortunately, all I wrote about this mobo specs is officially confirmed: no 24 pins ATX power connector, no 4Volt VDdr jumper option and additional 4-pin molex connector like NF4 mobos, no Karajan 8 channels Audio Module based on Realtek ALC850 (but only 6 channels audio), only 2 SAta whitout PCI bandwidth limitation, and so on...

well u can choose not to buy them.. they're not pointing a gun at u