The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh...you saw my pics earlier in this thread right?

freakin OWNAGE lol

only thing I am disappointed about...is that they are 6600GT's not 6800GT's!

if you need the right posts, just contact DD and they will help ya i am sure.

Sleeving sure looks good ..

But let me tell you something..lol.. I sleeved ALL my wires for my pc power psu.. and it was a biatch..hehe..

NEVER again !! I said to myself will I buy a psu that needs to be sleeved.. Hours of work and cut fingers...lol

Next upgrade for my rig = Stacker + WCing...probably in a couple months.

Or maybe sooner depending on the results of that DDen kit :D

Thanks for all the great pictures guys, really convinced me that that's the case I want to get. Too bad the price is a real kick in the junk.

I think it will be well worth it, cos i seriously have a huge knot of cables. Here's a quick one... Should i run all the fans on one line, drives on another, etc?

Can one hdd type molex that's hooked into the mobo also be hooked into fans?

• 5 months later...

I love the CM Stacker but i'ts a still abit low in my priority list.

I am pleased though with my current case which i think is a poor man's stacker.

It's the CM Centurion 530. Cooler Master Centurion 530 Mid-Tower Case I also added the 4-in-3 Device Module (STB-3T4-E1)

This cost me £37.59 for the case & £11.74 4 the 4in3. £49.33 compared to the £110 4 the stacker.

I fitted the 4in3 so that it's level with the rear 120mm exhaust giving a strong straight throu airflow similar to the Silverstone TJ06 But without the plastic tube.

3 Empty Bays 2 hold the 4in3 (Mobo in opic is my old MSI754 with Zalman CNPS7000B-Alcu. but my ultra is the same position & orientation.

I wanted fans with a bit more umph than the cm ones & used the SilverStone FMC3XW which i'd discovered earlier, switching the the original 4in3 fan. The real bonus i found with these fans is the fan controller knob. This means that u can mount the control knob virtually anywhere. So I did :)

Silverstone 120mm Fan controls added.

Finished Result 120mm Intake 4in3 fan can be seen in zoom in drives 3-5

Idle Temps

Load is around 43/43/47

I now have 1 HD mounted at bottom of 4in3 but had 2 when the mbm shot above was taken (2x19C)

Total Project Cost:-

£

Case 37.59

4in3 11.74

2xFMC3XW 21.13

total 61.07 about $107

Hey Angry did you manage to find time to install that crossflow fan yet?

how does it perform?

i'm planning on buying a stacker soon with an extra drive cage, and i wondered if it was worth getting one of these too?

i installed my crossflow yesterday into my Stacker. It lowered my chipset temps 10-15F.

Original poster>>>>>>>>> What type of bracket did you use to install that 120mm fan in lower front? I got dicked on my 3 in 4 module, and it was missing. But I have a new 120mm fan now. But, the fan is a lot smaller than the gap. There must be some kind of 120mm mounting kit you can buy?