Sign in to follow this  
THunDA

The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

Hey, Thunda:

On your vid card you didn't peel off the protective paper on your waterblock backing bar. (clear plastic bar). You don't have to do it, but it would look alot cleaner if you did.

Hey, Thunda:

On your vid card you didn't peel off the protective paper on your waterblock backing bar. (clear plastic bar). You don't have to do it, but it would look alot cleaner if you did.

ahh.. ok I'll check it out later.. :)

I was all set to get it on the roll after taking to you .. then I realized the hole saw I borrowed from my friend is 1 14 .. lol.. grrr.. !

So im gona pick one up later when I shoot up to radio shack to get a power switch since im not putting the stacker panel back on..

btw.. velcro does work great on the rad.. After I put it in I took it out and it was a biatch to get out again..lol..

She is leak testing.. :nod:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4941/30110523440qn.jpg

I ended up not using the little res that attaches to the fill port because it was too close to my 120mm blow hole fan.. no big deal.. although it took forever to fill.. Hopefully it doesnt run low tonight.. but I dont think so since it took about half of a quart already..

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9684/30110523462pz.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6724/30110523470sw.jpg

I also didnt have enough plastic clamps to do the three hoses that go onto the T line.. but they seemed to be on real tight.. I couldnt even pull them off..

Tomorrow is another day.. me tired ! :)

I like your "diapers" you have at all the hose connections...

Just think, 3 or 4 more watercooling systems from now and you will look at these "diapers" and laugh...

;)

I like your "diapers" you have at all the hose connections...

Just think, 3 or 4 more watercooling systems from now and you will look at these "diapers" and laugh...

;)

you aint kidding.. lol

Its all together and running sweet.. !

Just loaded up my settings in sig and ran occt.. The water cooling seemed to drop my cpu temps about 10-12c .. 64% done with occt now and its 33-34c.. :)

I havent dont any load tests with my vid card yet but rivatuner says its at 25c.. !

Im happy.. thanks Rokk..

I picked up this case at Fry's on black Friday. I was just looking around to see what was on sale and thought that I would see if the stacker had any specials. There was only one and it was reboxed. I looked at the floor model and started to see the appeal of this case. So I thought I would read the contents off the side of the box and see what it came with. The shelf price was $179.00 so I thought the price on the box might reflect a 5 to 10 percent open item discount. I almost fell over when I pulled the box out a bit to read the contents and it was marked at $49.99. I pushed the box back on the shelf and went and got a cart. Upond checking out I made sure that all the contents were there and that there was no damage. The only damage was a slightly dented 5.25" grill cover (and it popped right back into shape, even though I don't need it).

I absolutely stole this case at this price. After getting out of the store and walking across the lot, I noticed that the "price sticker" said 350 watt cooler master power supply "open box". Good thing there are no moving parts, cause thats what the receipt says too! No way could I take it back. No way would I want to. This case rocks.

Angry, could you point out that lucite mounting bracket for the stacker that you mentioned earlier? I think that bad boy is just what I need to do my new video card water loop with.

Good Choice on the pump. Did you think about modding that pump ? Well?

I traded Cpukiller some ram for this setup.. so this was all his choices.. :)

As for modding it.. well this is my first water setup so im not thinking of modding anything on it now..

So far I managed to get 50mhz more on my cpu and 20mhz on my gpu with the same voltage and settings that I was using on air.. Temps are just amazing.. :nod:

You mean on the floor of the case.. ?

Thats just a vent ..But you could put anything there with some modding..

My power supply is down there. Went right in.

Though my case looks different than yours.

I have 120x2 fans on the back, for instance.

yah, THunDA has the 101 model, keekles, you have the 810 model... they are the same price but a little bit different... 101=PSU on top or bottom{thats wat vent is for} ... 810= PSU on bottom, but has 2 x 120mm fans..

im still wondering which one to get :)

btw, Thunda, what temps do u get?

The 810 doesn't have space for two PSU's, and doesn't have the crossflow fan.

Its prettier... I nearly choose it over the 101.

And yes Thunda, what are your idle/load temperatures?