Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

thanks for kind words there guys.

as for pics.

the only digital camera i realy have access to is my phone.

its 1mp so not too bad.

just w8in for 3x thermaltake thunderblades to turn up and then i will do a major refit on it.

post some pics as soon as its back together.

1 last thing acpi on or off?

any difinative rule on this 1 yet?

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACPI on, APIC on. But on sum boards it just don't cut it to enable them.

But one cannot say for sure what your board likes - it's up to you to find out ;) (Try to start with everything switched on, you can disable it later from windows)

Referring to soundx98's question...

I have all important bioses I can think of :D

(Maybe 30 to 40 files... who knows)

Just to catch up... Hellfire's most recent bios release is the 8KA Rev.2, correct? Can't wait for his next release, should be promising :)

As far as all of Hellfire's bios' go which have you all found to have the best mix of oc ability with stability?

I'm in the process of oc'n my axp-m 2600 and can oc it pretty decently in windows with clockgen, but can't get it too boot at any fsb higher than 150 via bios. I'm hoping one of hellfire's bios' will fix this and allow me to boot with the desired overclock settings in place.

Any suggestions as to which bios i should try first? I'm currently running under 6/19, so if i try any of hellfire's bios' should i start with his first version and then go from there, or should i start with the LanParty 8KA Rev.2 and then flash to his new one once its released?

Guest Hellfire

I'm finally back and this may be my second to last bios. I have gotten memtest integrated in an unreleased version of my bioses. There is some unstablity in some boards because the memtest imaged was reduced to 64kb and has problems on some systems. I have pictures of memtest loading and working on my system. I will post pictures shortly. I have a new bios, HF Turbo Bios.

HF's Infinity Turbo Bios Rev. #1:

1. Hellfire's GT2871 Romsip (Modified 1/21)

2. L12 mod built-in

3. Cpu Interface Revised

4. CPU Warning Tempurature Enabled

5. Shutdown Temperature Enabled

6. SATA bios from 5.0.44 (Modified)

7. PCI Latency = 128 clocks

8. EXT-P2P Discard = 1ms

9. Side Band Addressing Enabled

10. Sempron Support Added

Hellfire's Infinity Turbo Bios

HF's Lanparty Turbo Bios Rev. #1:

1. Hellfire's GT2871 Romsip (Modified 1/21)

2. L12 mod built-in

3. Cpu Interface Revised

4. CPU Warning Tempurature Enabled

5. Shutdown Temperature Enabled

6. SATA bios from 5.0.44 (Modified)

7. PCI Latency = 128 clocks

8. EXT-P2P Discard = 1ms

9. Side Band Addressing Enabled

10. Sempron Support Added

Hellfire's Lanpart Turbo Bios

Please do not disable SATA startup routine or else timings will not be set.

What do you mean by "do not disable SATA startup routine or else timings will not be set."? Does this mean I shouldnt disable sata in bios? I'm using ata disk so I don't need sata and I always disable it.

B

Well I got two of the HO's flashed and will do the LanPotty tonite.

Smooth as silk so far with both rigs aT 250+.

Remember that Hellfire has set CPU warning at 50 degrees and CPU shutdown to 60 degrees, so may need to give increase a lil if you're running that CPU hot like most of us.

I'm reading that this is the last nf2 bios unless you can find a way to get the memtest working 100%. The memtest is no big deal man. We know how long you've spent working on it but it's a cutre little add-on at best. I remember RGone's reply when someone asked what he wanted in a bios. "Make it Faster!" :)

I'm also hoping this means we will be seeing some NF3 and maybe NF4 modded bioses soon. :nod:

Thanks for the NF2 ride dude, it's been a lot of fun.

YOU DA MAN HELLFIRE!

It didn't went so smooth for me. After flashing, SATA bios version stayed 5.1.27 after 3EG Rev3, but everything was working. After changing FSB to 220 MHz, SATA just disappeared, no bios and no disks. SATA is always enabled as I use RAID0. Setting FSB to default didn't help. So I flashed back to 3EG Rev3.

Any ideas???