Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Changed the bios and till now crashes = 0. The one thing it changed was that the memory settings have increased, now its 11-3-3-2.5 and the rest is on auto, should i put it manually? if so what are the best settings for it? or recomended. I have noticed a decrease in performance due to that because before it wasnt all auto, it changed when i loaded defaults. Perhaps that was why it crashed in the first place, i also changed chipset voltage to 1.6 and agp to 1.7, So i dont know what caused it to crash, but till now its all ok :)

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw i used winflash to flash the bios and there was one option i would like to know what is for, the main says bootblock, mainblock and dmiblock, the dmiblock was in green and i didnt select it on the menu because i had no idea what was for. Can any one light me on this one? :) tkz

Update: By plain curiosity i flashed it again with dmiblock on.. BIG MISTAKE now the sound didnt work and all started crashing, flashed the old bios again with dmiblock (did backup) and then i flashed the hellfire TT again with dmiblock unselected but the problem persisted and also the stupid crashes, now i flashed the old bios again with dmi and im testing .. i just hope it wont crash :( .. i should have sticked with that murphy law .. if its ok dont fix it .. ho well .. dumb me

Hi JedyKnight i have no idea about winflash as i flash in dos.

Whats the memory rated at ? you should download memtest86+ and test after each change to the timings just mess with cas latency trp and trcd for the moment and leave the others on auto. Set tras to 11 as thats the best timing for it on nforce 2.

Try and find out what memory chips are on the memory if its BH5 memory chips you may just need more voltage to stablise as they like lots of power.

Regards

JedyKnight,

In the options dropdown of winflash check everything except clear pnp. Update the bios 2 or 3 times. then restart. Check out the method for clearing the cmos in the important dfi info sticky as this is important when flashing different bioses.

Regards Bruce

Done all that, seems that i had a bad ide cable pluged into my dvd rw and that seemed to be causing some boot hangups, well that is fixed. As for the rest i winflash again 2-3 times and did the cmos clean and till now seems ok, the next hours will tell :)

Tkz for the tips :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seams i found an average stable bios, now i got a problem. The bios is old but its the only one who works for me (1/31) and the sata bios is like 5.0.31 and its giving me some problems and before i flashed i was using 5.1.25 from hells bios and worked like a charm. Is there any way i can change only the sata bios and let the main bios stay the same? Plz gime some pointers here .. tkz :)

There's a tictac bigtoe version out there using the 5.135 bios. RAID bios is the only change, rest is stock Oskar Wu. May still be on tictac's site? I know I have a copy somewhere. PM email addy and I'll send.

Hope you're using the 1.007 driver as well.

I haven't noticed huge bench differences between Sil Image bioses but every rig is a lil different.

I heard that yor bios, rev.2, is somehow optimized for 2x512MB...?

I still using rev.1 :P

Should I consider updating to the rev.2 or even the latest turbo one? :rolleyes: Im not quite sure, if this could be beneficial in any way for only 200x12.5 user, however I planing to go for 225x12, so... It will be wise then or even now... or never? :rolleyes:

There's a tictac bigtoe version out there using the 5.135 bios. RAID bios is the only change, rest is stock Oskar Wu. May still be on tictac's site? I know I have a copy somewhere. PM email addy and I'll send.

Hope you're using the 1.007 driver as well.

I haven't noticed huge bench differences between Sil Image bioses but every rig is a lil different.

I used the tictac bios, and it was a lot stable for me then this 5.0.31. But i wanted to know how to flash just the sil bios and keep the 1/31 bios .. just change the onboard sil 3114 controler? is there a way?

• 2 weeks later...

So, are there any nice results with the latest Hellfire turbo bios so far? :confused:

Im a bit confused about the latency thing. What is the original PCI latency? Is not 32...?

7. PCI Latency = 128 clocks

8. EXT-P2P Discard = 1ms

I mean - for CPU benchmark - is better to have the latency as low, as possible, right? As well, as the EXT-P2P Discard on the fastest timing as well :confused:

All I know that I gained a lot on hexus PI fast, when I set the AGP latency to 16 :nod:

The TicTac bios say something about altered also:

- CPU Disconnect Function Patch

- Side Band Addressing Enabled

- PCI Latency 128clck

- EXT P2P Discard Time 1ms

- LAN Latency 128clock

- SATA Latency 128clock

...and it is the LAN and SATA latency (what the hell is CPU Disconnect Function Patch?! This means that the CPU disconnect is disabled by default by other bioses - at least until the nForce2 drivers take over...???) that catch my eye.

What are the default values for them???

And of course the higher values means that the network and SATA ran faster/smoother. Im sure about it. However it maybe can criple the CPU speed a bit, and this is my concern.

Anyone can tell me more about it? :confused:

BTW, the fantastinc nForce2 tweaker by TicTac can't tweak these EXP /2P DIscard as well, as the LAN and SATA latency things... :(

Because the links does now work (except for the latest turbo bios), I setup a little mirror for them:

LANPARTY Hellfire bios rev. 1 (I still use it :nod: )

http://ax2.old-cans.com/N24LD619-Hell-3EG.zip - tested, fine

LANPARTY Hellfire bios rev. 2

http://ax2.old-cans.com/N24LD619-3EG-REV2.zip - tested, fine

LANPARTY Hellfire bios rev. 3 (SAE and me too say, that this is the best one :) )

http://ax2.old-cans.com/N24LD619-3EG-REV3.zip - tested, fine

LANPARTY Hellfire turbo bios (rev. 4 ?)

http://ax2.old-cans.com/N24LD619-TT.zip - tested, fine

UltraInfinity Hellfire bios rev. 2

http://ax2.old-cans.com/N24ID619-3EG-REV2.zip - tested

UltraInfinity Hellfire bios rev. 3 (SAE say this is the best one :) )

http://ax2.old-cans.com/N24ID619-3EG-REV3.zip - tested