Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Guest formalentity

Hey Guys.. Will I see Improvment In Overclocking? i just Flashed N24LD619-3EG-REV2 BIOS, Seems perfectly the same to be honest.. little changes in bios at least thats what it looks like..

Im gonna try some overclocking.. Oh and what are these Bioses Created for? Im guessing better overclocking?.. LMK please! hope i didnt waste my time :P

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "Turbo" bios used on my Lanparty has caused me nothing but problems for some reason and has made strange things happen.

It would appear that with it I am prime stable up to 244mhz FSB as opposed to 243mhz with the Rev2 I was using before (Rev3 would only let me get upto 237mhz).

I think thats because the Rev2 is optimised for 2x512 as opposed to 2x256 for the Rev3.

Anyway, this Turbo bios is prime stable for at least 2 hours and my temps are down several degrees???!!! However something strange is happening because my cpu score in various benchmarks is way down with bios, prime95 also acts sortof "sluggish" as if its cpu priority is set to high (the window kinda freezes in its place and when moved the window doesn't move it will jump to a new position if I move it with the mouse).

Also when I play the a game (C&C GeneralsUT2004 were tested) when it comes to doing any 3d the game will just exit to the desktop with no error message.

I've tried +/-ing the voltage on the various bits n bobs in the bios.

oh well :) Rev2 is well gud anyway so I'm not too fussed, just reporting my findings no complaints here.

I thought memtest was going to be incorporated into the Turbo bios, or did i misunderstand that?

thanx anyway :)

Hellfire i like your new bios its great for my system but I get much better sata raid scores with the tictac 3dfire rev2 that uses the standard 5044 bios would it be possible for you to make that :nod: please.

Or if anyone could let me know how i could change the sata bios in the hellfire TT bios i would be very grateful.

Regards

http://www.swjka.com/sata

yes tried Hdtach and i get an extra 10 mb burst rate and 5mb extra sequential read speed with tictacs. Also used Atto and tictacs is loads faster again esspecially with write speeds for my disks.

Only difference is the bios between benchmarks but not certain if its the sata bios changes or some different timings between the two bios's.

Added ATTO benchamrks to page

http://www.swjka.com/sata

edit - yes after further testing with other biios's its the timings not the actual sata bios that tictac uses so forget about it :)

edit - changing the sata latancy to 128 or 96 using powerstrip fixed my problem and i now get higher sata speeds back with hellfire TT.

Hi ppl im new here and i was wondering if u can give a few tips to me, im having problems with my pc, it crashes on 3d aplications. I tried different nforce sets, different graphics driver, lowered overclock and still all didnt work out. Im using 1/21 bios i believe and i have a athlon-m 2500+ @ 2563 (233x11) i believe and i want to know what bios do you advice. Im not planning on making further overclock, i just WANT IT TO BE STABLE. That is all :)

Tkz for any tip in advance.

hi jedyknight

I use hellfires TT bios and its the best ive used for my hardware but each system likes different bios's so it seems so you may need to test a few. Try finding out which romsip works best first then try the bios files based on that romsip.

As for stability in games if you are prime stable then it may be APIC there is a guide about that here

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=291745&page=2&pp=15

Before I changed that I used to crash a lot in games and had a weird effect like jittery frames in jedi knight 2 and jka which made it hard to kill peeps.

I also set my agp voltage to 1.8 volts in bios and it seems to keep the card more stable esspecially when it is overclocked.

Running the ram in single channel also helps keep the system more stable if your problem is ram related. Its much better idea than running at a command per clock of 2 which really does hurt performance. Dual channel is only about 3 or 4 percent better than single channel on nforce 2 so you can usually recoup that loss by gaining more fsb and still being more stable.

Next thing to worry about is heat, put fans where ever you can first thing you should cool is the southbridge which seems to me to be the weakspot of nforce 2 for heat and voltage. I have a 80 mm fan right up close against the southbrige and sata chip etc at bottom of case. Also try and get a fan over the memory i use a 120mm fan here wrapped up in the ide rounded cable to direct cool air overy the memory chips.

Use speedfan to monitor the temperatures of the cpu and take note of the diode temperature which is measured from the cpu itself and is often higher than socket cpu temp.

Leave the chipset voltage at 1.6v any higher can cause instability Its not needed to be more anyway unless u are up in the 250 - 260 range.

At the end of the day its all trial and error it took me 2 months to get to my stable target of 250 x 10 but the things that helped me most was turning apic off using nforce 3.13 drivers running single channel and hellfires TT bios.

So good luck mate

What psu do you own? What are the rails?

Try to set AGP to 70MHz, agp latency to 128 (flash to rev3 by hellfire before) and agp voltage to 1.7V.

What ram do you have, it would be nice to see a signature of yours...

Tkz for all the tips, can someone give me a link to hellfire TT bios plz? I have a enermax 465, the only problem on rails is perhaps the +12 that is at 11.86, +5 is at 4.97, +3.3 its ok and -5 is at 1.47. The rest is normal and useless i believe. I had another psu before that, i had a lower +12 and i switched to this one and its still low and still it have a better +12 line then the other. But i dont think it is the psu, i increased the agp voltage as u guys said and yesterday i installed kotor 2 and played for like 2-3 hours without a single crash. Perhaps that was it but its odd because i dont have my graphics card overclocked, still i will test with other games and if it crashes i will ran back here, and i trust it will crash :)

Btw i will make the signature later today :D

you can download the hellfire tt bios from here for lanparty

www.swjka.com/dfibios

EDIT- hellfires links are up go to first page of this thread for his bios files.

i also have the enermax 465 and get the same +12 volt reading as you but i used a digital multimeter to measure the line directly and its spot on. Its a good power supply so no need to worry about it.

Regards