Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had problems with the awdflash that comes with the zip file, use of the /tiny switch locks it up before the flashing starts.

The 8KA rev #2 doesn't seem to work well with my board, I still fail Prime at the same fsb setting I used to (250 or higher with aggressive instead of optimal cpu interface). Only it drops out a lot sooner - around the 1h mark instead after 8-10h with the rev #3 6/19.

Also I seem to have lost some 3D stability, I am unable to complete 3Dmark2001, it crashes to desktop in the nature test.

I'll do some more testing at lower fsb to see if I can run at least the same fsb as before (250 on optimal cpu interface, 248 on agressive, all at 2-2-2).

I tried using the new 8ka bios and I was getting random blue screen error message -the usual irq not less than or equal too

I was previously using the eg rev 3 and have no problems whatsoever

when using both bios my settings were exactly the same so I dont know what the problem could be or maybe my setup doesnt like the new one

any ideas Hellfire

Paul

Originally posted by G00s3

I've had problems with the awdflash that comes with the zip file, use of the /tiny switch locks it up before the flashing starts.

You cant use the /tiny switch on any newer versions of awdflash.. try using 8.24 and it will work..

Originally posted by THunDA

You cant use the /tiny switch on any newer versions of awdflash.. try using 8.24 and it will work..

Thinks, didn't know that, I used the 8.24 on my bios update boot cd. I need the /tiny switch, for some reason flashing to the bios saviour rom never works without it.

Would it be a good idea to split off or start a new thread for the 8KA bios revisions? This thread is getting really long.

Why don't u use Winflash 2.51? It works like a charm in my mobo, never had problems with it :) its available for download in www.ecsusa.com ;)

So far as I have tested this bios, its primestable @ 245MHz, when I was with Rev 3 it would go up to 240MHz. Another thing, I can now operate @ 1.975v without any problem, when before I couldn't go past 1.875v even without oc :D would reboot if i did :confused:

Good luck!

Denzil

Guest zerocash
Originally posted by Denzil

Why don't u use Winflash 2.51? It works like a charm in my mobo, never had problems with it :) its available for download in www.ecsusa.com ;)

The one listed at ECS is 1.51 not 2.51. The one that is on the DFI cd is 1.54;)

I had a similar problem with iIe crashing (not sure what bios, hehe) Hellfire walked me through a p2p-ext change via WPCredit/set that solved the problem. Don't know if it could help here.

I hope he continues bios modding as I am not ready to put these sistas aside quite yet. Seems like every board responds differently so you need to try and find the right one. Can be way fun too if you got backup plans.

These are definately performance bioses that have most settings enabled from the get go. Prolly not a good idea to use as a backup bios if you know what I mean. always nice to have an 11/27 around. I noticed the last one I tried had CPU warning set at 50 deg. moved it to 60 deg real quick like. I don't think Hellfire lets you set the Shutdown higher than 85 any more either (A good thing)

I know Hellfire is always 2 or 3 revisons ahead of us so I won't post a link to the bios but here's a screen from last night. It's HO#2 that NEVER wants to go above 250x10.

[bimg]http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/2550.JPG[/bimg]

:( well I have bad news... I thought it was stable until I decided to play Doom3... instantaneous reboot :confused: tried to put back to 240x10.5 (what I was using before with rev #3) and bang... reboot again :(

Back to rev #3 ;)

[edit] I added an 80mm fan above the mosfets and now works 245x10.5 prime stable ;) Cooling is good :D