Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Good question on the APU latency. I imagine there must be a setting somewhere, just no something any of us ever found. Maybe an email to Oskar could yeild an addy. You're right that is yet another place where a change/difference could be yeilding different results.... part of the bios difference's that can exist across multiple OEM's bios's.

it's a device on the bus, if AGP has latency's, the APU must, as should the LAN.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by uwackme

Good question on the APU latency. I imagine there must be a setting somewhere, just no something any of us ever found. Maybe an email to Oskar could yeild an addy. You're right that is yet another place where a change/difference could be yeilding different results.... part of the bios difference's that can exist across multiple OEM's bios's.

it's a device on the bus, if AGP has latency's, the APU must, as should the LAN.

Did you look for the APU latency settings in the LatencySet application?? I remember mongoled once posted about this app here...

I like it, a very nice and handy app :D

Originally posted by metro_oc.cl

how long until we can have the rev4??? im still using rev2 should i try rev 3??

Dunno. Cannot tell ya that, as I am waiting till HF is at home. Then he may tell what's going on. And get me a new revision to alpha test... I will decide if it's time to get it public here ;)

Originally posted by metro_oc.cl

how long until we can have the rev4??? im still using rev2 should i try rev 3??

What type of ram are you running? If it's dualsided then yes you should be running rev3. Otherwise rev2 is ok thought i think the warmboot code or whatever in rev3 works better. I'm sure it's the same code but i've never had boot problems with rev 3.

Originally posted by litahime

What type of ram are you running? If it's dualsided then yes you should be running rev3. Otherwise rev2 is ok thought i think the warmboot code or whatever in rev3 works better. I'm sure it's the same code but i've never had boot problems with rev 3.

Rev3 is optimized for single sided 256mb modules of BH-5/6.

Rev2 is for 512MB modules bh-5/6.

Originally posted by SAE

Can you shed some light on what sort of memory Hellfire's Infinity 1/31 Romsip #2 bios is optimized for? He mentions elsewhere in this post that he was getting good results with his 1/31 Romsip #1 / 512MB BH-5 combo but doesn't really say all that much about 1/31 #2 . FWIW, 1/31 #2 seems to be playing nice with my 512MB Mushkin BH-5 sticks.

Originally posted by SAE

So, with my 2x512 MB BH-5 I should use Rev2. OK, but I want to use SATA (maybe RAID), is the newer SATA BIOS in Rev3 better than the BIOS in Rev2.

Originally posted by stevke

So, with my 2x512 MB BH-5 I should use Rev2. OK, but I want to use SATA (maybe RAID), is the newer SATA BIOS in Rev3 better than the BIOS in Rev2.

No, I think the SATA bioses are the same... but YES, with 2x512 it's better to use rev2 :D

Originally posted by G00s3

SAE said more stability for 512 MB BH-5/6 sticks. Micron's another thing alltogether I guess. Or maybe your dimms are singlebanked, I don't have dimms with Micron chips so I wouldn't know.

Exactly, my friend :D ^^^^