Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

Wow... never heard of IE crashing from a bios issue.... Hell's pushing all kinds of scientific-foreskins around :nod:

IE behave for me...APIC on or APIC off. I use Slimbrowser most of the time (an IE tabbed shell), really need Firefox to implement tab's sensibly, Slimbrowser does it logically. The popup and ad blockers are amazing.

Im really happy with HKA, 240 x10 is APIC stable 240x x10.5 no-APIC stable, 240x 10.5 APIC and I get hangs....I think I have found the limit of my Vcore system. But sound is still rock solid and playing in my hung game :nod:

Vcore mod's will be needed to go further, but it's really nice to be at the same point/bandwidth's as the NF7-S ... BUT... with 1Gig of ram !!!! I get Sandra #'s just a hair under the NF7-S at this speed, but with 1G and CPC off... which is really sweet Hell!!!

3650/3450 ish with 96/92% efficiency!!

a bazillion thanks to Hell... we gotta buy this guy a beer!!!

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hellfire

I've got another bios in the works, I've kinda messed this one up a little bit. So look forward to it in a few days.

Originally posted by Hellfire

I've got another bios in the works, I've kinda messed this one up a little bit. So look forward to it in a few days.

You didn't mess up!!! Microsoft did :P IE is the only thing that doesn't work (Thank God it ain't Windows it self ^_^)

Looking forward for your next bios :)

oh god, flashed the 8KA rev #2 with winflash, did cmos clear for a few minutes before reboot, turned on the machine and i got the 4 leds lit and the caps num and scroll lock leds flashing....

geez, almost had a heart atack, me not having a spare bios chip and all...

Fortunetly, i did a bit longer cmos clear and all is well now, i hope :)

well that teaches me not to use winflash under an overclocked system... or not... :P

on to testing to see if everything is ok

Sometimes you love the bios and sometimes you just hate it.

You know RGone always recommended a nice long CMOS clear after a bios flash. (and he know his sistashizzle)

I didn't think I was getting as good of performace as the rev 3 either. But I figured do a reflash, clear that CMOS overnight, and sheets and grins put the OCZ in HO#2 rig. Never could get much over 2500 on the rig. Used it for beta bios testing and had kept it naked. War mod and L12 in now. 2663MHz (253x10.5) and 3903 Sandra mem bandwidth. w00t!

[bimg]http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/2663.JPG[/bimg]

Originally posted by soundx98

Sometimes you love the bios and sometimes you just hate it.

You know RGone always recommended a nice long CMOS clear after a bios flash. (and he know his sistashizzle)

I didn't think I was getting as good of performace as the rev 3 either. But I figured do a reflash, clear that CMOS overnight, and sheets and grins put the OCZ in HO#2 rig. Never could get much over 2500 on the rig. Used it for beta bios testing and had kept it naked. War mod and L12 in now. 2663MHz (253x10.5) and 3903 Sandra mem bandwidth. w00t!

[bimg]http://premium.uploadit.org/soundx98/2663.JPG[/bimg]

so the overnight clear cmos helped? and is that with the 8KA Rev 2 bios?