Anyone up for a post a pic of yourself thread?

elts_drac

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech
Since it didn't get to the muscle I didn't go to the doctor (much to the disgust of my parents and girlfriend!), just gave my sister (a nurse) a ring and got her to clarify my analysis that I'd just need to cover it and keep it clean for a few months.

Your sister is a nurse, and she didn't tell you to go get a couple stitches?? :confused:

It would heal a lot faster, way less chance of infection, and you get to have a nice needle stuck into it!! :sweat:

Your sister is a nurse, and she didn't tell you to go get a couple stitches?? :confused:

It would heal a lot faster, way less chance of infection, and you get to have a nice needle stuck into it!! :sweat:

Nah, she knew I was too stubborn to bother.

I had some mupirocin to avoid infection and if it looked like it was infected or started to hurt then I would go down to the hospital.

If it had gone through to destroy muscle, then mayhaps I would have gone to the hosp straight away heh.

"But the fact of the matter is:

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!"

I've had wounds worse than that looks (though I can't tell really) but I've never had stitches.

There was this one time, we were building a shed, and we stretched a string tightly between two nails to use as a reference whilst we leveled the floor. When we finished the floor framing, I went to go lever one of the nails out. Now, I was standing "on" the floor (really I was standing "in" it since there was no plywood down yet) and facing the outside of the frame. I pulled the nail out, and the string had so much tension on it that the nail sprung back and went into my leg. It went in like a good inch at least, and this was a formidably sized galvanized nail. Oddly enough it wasn't a big deal, I just pulled it out and went back to work.

I've had wounds worse than that looks (though I can't tell really) but I've never had stitches.

There was this one time, we were building a shed, and we stretched a string tightly between two nails to use as a reference whilst we leveled the floor. When we finished the floor framing, I went to go lever one of the nails out. Now, I was standing "on" the floor (really I was standing "in" it since there was no plywood down yet) and facing the outside of the frame. I pulled the nail out, and the string had so much tension on it that the nail sprung back and went into my leg. It went in like a good inch at least, and this was a formidably sized galvanized nail. Oddly enough it wasn't a big deal, I just pulled it out and went back to work.

ouchies....

nails aye..... i've got one for you and it's not a broken finger nail :P hehe

one summer i was working with a friend. he was a general contractor and did a lot of aditions to homes. well, i was using the air nailer and was framing up a stud wall. i was holding the top corner pieces together with one hand and the, heavy i might add, nailer gun. i went to shoot the 16 pennie down into the stud from the top sill plate and it hit the very edge of the stud, broke out ricocheting off the stud and thru my skin between my thumb and my first finger. :eek2:

fortunately there was no blood and it went straight through so after a bit of rest, i went back to finishing up the stud wall. :cool:

TGM

fortunately there was no blood and it went straight through so after a bit of rest, i went back to finishing up the stud wall. :cool:

TGM

Ouch indeed.

Hmm, I was told that when blood came out of a wound it is a good thing actually, since blood coming out means no bacteria goes inside. From what parents and doctors have told me I worry more when a wound doesn't show blood.

When I was little I walked over a piece of wood with 4" nails sticking out... I was lucky only one perforated my tennis shoe and went thru my foot. Lets just say the worse part of it wasn't the nail, the worse part were the tetanus shot later that evening... I hate needles, funny but I hate them more than nails :rolleyes:

Gout hurts like hell. I thought I had a broken my toe at Taekwondo it hurt so bad, It feels like someone is pulling your toe all the way back to the top of your foot. Forget sleeping when it flairs up. The worse part is I still worked out/sparred with it. Everytime I kicked someone I had flashes of pain that almost made me pass out.

customer sent me his KT400A Lanparty

miss kitty decided (like she always does) that an open box belongs to her (we have to tape boxes shut...she will even crawl inside boxes that have the tops folded in).

Hey Angry, I think its in the Cats DNA, to crawl in boxes, my mom I used to breed Persians, and they were always in a box, especially during christmas.

Almost everyone I know that owns cats, can claim the same :-P