Anyone up for a post a pic of yourself thread?

elts_drac

Heeheehe...not tiny bikes but giants riding them :nod:

Yes a fun hobby for sure...son's bike does about 50-60 k and mine tops out at 80 k or so, depends on the sprocket I happen to have on it that day. I race mine, he's not old enough yet as per the rules at the track I go to. My bike is reffered to as a B1 clone, bout 7hp in it's current configuration and it wheelies at will. His is a run of the mill el cheapo china bike and it puts out about 3.5hp. Are they hard to ride ? No not really I don't think although I've been riding motorbikes since I was about 6...still fondly remember that Z50 mom & dad got me for passing :cool: Don't own a street bike anymore, too many A'holes in cars that just can't figure out what eyes, ears, mirrors and signal lights are for....the last cell phone talkin, drinkin coffee while putting on makeup idiot that double lane changed and turned left in front of me pretty much ended my interest in riding on public streets :rolleyes:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LithoTech
can you say CLEAN FREAK, LOL nice and sparkly, what's your secret? Jealous, I need a "clean room"

LOL, not really. My office + workshop is mostly organized chaos. Only couple things I insist on is a fairly clear desk with lots of room to move mouse and spread paper notes and stuff around, and a clean system. This is a carry-over from my cars. No matter what they looked like on the outside, they always had to be in perfect mechanical condition and presentation on the inside. Another carry-over from when I was a Pressman, running and maintaining large heatset web offset commercial presses. That's how/where I learned to properly sleeve wires -- while we never touched the electrical on a press (OMG you wanna die??), I noticed how the wiring was done, and carried it over into my computers. I buy all my sleeving materials at an electrical wholesaler where the electricians I know sent me. Much cheaper, if anyone is planning on doing a lot of sleeving, do NOT buy a kit like Vantec, when you can get three times the materials at half the cost.

I've always enjoied the challenge of cable management, and presentation. I'll post some before and after pics of other systems I have done for clients (I'll start a thread, watch for it in next few days). I'm planning to move into more modding to go along with the detailing, and plan expand the tools and materials to do such.

This P180 case, and the 939 mobos pose a particular challenge though. While putting this one together, I took much more time than I normally would to hide everything. This is definately a work in progress... I decided to just get it up and running, and would complete the cable management later when I add a proper HSF. It's a tough one because the PSU is way down below, and the opening the cables come through is right smack in the middle of where I DON'T want anything in view. Tough decisions, too many wires, bad location... I'll hopefully fix most of that by running the ATX power underneath the mobo.

I've been doing this kind of stuff for a hobby for years, free for friends etc. I also freelance as a Graphic Designer, and when working full-time, I am a Prepress Technician in the printing industry. So, yes, I know and use Apple Mac's, and have a G5 iMac behind me that I use for graphics work, and the wife uses for photography. Can't beat iPhoto for organising 10,000+ pictures.

I left my printing job not long ago, and am going full-time into freelancing again. I plan to side-line this into computer repairs, upgrades, home networks, spyware and virus removal, and lastly, a computer detailing package (spring cleaning so to speak), and modding/customising. It's a joy to try to get paid for doing a hobby. So I'm OK with not making a lot of money at it, but have to make enough to pay the bills and keep buying computer gear. I'll simply have to keep looking for full-time work if I can't drum enough freelance work up.

I'm hoping the Detailing angle will fly well. Client needs and pays for spyware removal, and a small extra charge gets a complete case clean inside and out. Just like your car, every nook and cranny is cleaned, cables completely re-done, yadda. I found a great cleaner that can take a yellow aging biege machine and make it look brand new off the shelf. More on this later perhaps, I've already gone on too far for this thread. :nod:

Guest LithoTech
Hehe, and I was going to say "this is a post a pic of yourself, not your system" but to be honest his system is a better view :tooth:

Great pics Litho, hehe even yours... where was that taken btw??

Heh, thanks! /blush

Yeah, I went a little overboard for a person pics thread. Like you said, it's prettier to look at lol. :P :nod:

That pic of me was taken in Horseshoe Bay, Vancouver, BC, Canada. It's a very small community, but very busy due to a ferry terminal there. It's the gateway to the gulf islands all the way up the coast. Situated in West Vancouver, I grew up not far from there, 10 minute or so drive. I knew a lot of people that lived there, and hung around with. That day, I was with the wife, had a pint in the local Pub where they make their own beer. Then a nice walk along the shore, clicky clicky.

It's a stunning location view-wise. The mountains on one side go up 4000 feet nearly vertical. Then the other 270 degrees is all ocean and islands. Anyone coming up to this area had BETTER contact me so I can spend a day showing you some of the better sites. Simply PM me for my email and tel number.

Really, system is only a few days old and I was desperate to get some of the pics edited down to size and postable for various forums. I was origially only going to post one pic of it, but you know how it goes, can't decide... WTH, post em all! I appologise for that!

I'll add many more to the computer pictures thread, once I'm finished reading and looking at it, and then get around to editing the rest of the photos. Plenty of time to do that while this new system cooks Super-Pi at 295 FSB (errored at 300, Doh!).

Guest LithoTech
Heeheehe...not tiny bikes but giants riding them :nod:

Yes a fun hobby for sure...son's bike does about 50-60 k and mine tops out at 80 k or so, depends on the sprocket I happen to have on it that day. I race mine...

I saw these at a Molson Vancouver Indy a few years ago. They look like a hell of a lot of fun!!

I was really impressed with the building quality. I looked really closely at a few of them, and they really do look like a race built machine. Very nice, quality and professional built.

Too bad they wouldn't let you test ride them. But I suppose a few people riding these around a crowded race track would be a disaster in waiting!

Speaking of racing... I've been a long time huge fan of all motosports. Other than FPS and MMORPG games, my computers have always been pretty much dedicated to running racing sims. I've had a logitech wheel for years, and plan to buy a second Momo one for LAN racing and racing on servers with my brother when he is over. Currently, running GTR racing, and sometimes EA's Nascar Simracing. I prefer road tracks to ovals, and the two road courses in NSR are very fun. GTR is a much better sim for me, more realistic and better tracks. My favorite has always been Spa Francochamps in Belgium, with the most exciting corner in all racing, Eau Rouge. I follow Formula 1 very closely, and Spa is one race I never miss.

I follow Formula 1 very closely, and Spa is one race I never miss.

Horseshoe Bay looks very pretty... specially for someone who lives in a very desert type area; and its funny how there is a forest and big mountain just to the back of my house. Far behind and to the left of the bridge's main pole :)

atirantado36ez.jpg

We all love Spa, and Eau Rouge is literally the best curve in the entire circuit... specially since Imola's Tamburello no longer exist... and for very good reason :(

But there won't be any Spa Francorchamps race this year, it is not in the calendar... but the FIA "geniuses" are saying it will be back in 2007.

Guest Joalaielna
Here's a photoshop of my own that I just made :nod:

517470104_l.jpg

Wow, I just............ don't really know............... what to say!

Guest LithoTech
Horseshoe Bay looks very pretty... specially for someone who lives in a very desert type area; and its funny how there is a forest and big mountain just to the back of my house. Far behind and to the left of the bridge's main pole :)

atirantado36ez.jpg

We all love Spa, and Eau Rouge is literally the best curve in the entire circuit... specially since Imola's Tamburello no longer exist... and for very good reason :(

But there won't be any Spa Francorchamps race this year, it is not in the calendar... but the FIA "geniuses" are saying it will be back in 2007.

That's a very pretty picture! I love mountains, always have, ever since I can remember as a kid. I live at the base of a mountain, has a ski hill on it, I can be skiing in 15 minutes from my home.

Doh! Shows how closely I've been following things this year! I do recall problems in the last two years that were somehow resolved allowing the race to be run, but can't recall what the problems were. I suppose they are unresolved this year.

Other than Eau Rouge, the next corner I simply love as a underwear soiling no-guts no-glory high-G neck breaker, just happens to be on the same track: Blanchimount. Damn near flat out and top speed, last corner before the Bus Stop chicane. Freaky scary to take even in a simulator lol!

Other than Eau Rouge, the next corner I simply love as a underwear soiling no-guts no-glory high-G neck breaker, just happens to be on the same track: Blanchimount. Damn near flat out and top speed, last corner before the Bus Stop chicane. Freaky scary to take even in a simulator lol!

Good one :)

Spa is out of the 2006 calendar because of Belgium tobacco advertising restrictions... or something similar. Its just dumb that they punish the whole world when a country actually is doing the right thing :rolleyes:

Btw, the city where I live... well, near where I live since I am in San Pedro Garza García (1.5 km away) is Monterrey, or Mount King as it is translated to English. The mountain on that picture is nothing in comparizon to the one that gave the city its name:

cmty.jpg

The city is surrounded by three mountain formations, the first picture to the south... this one to the east... and another one to the west. Its impossible to get lost hehe, just look at the nearest mountain and you know where you are :)

This other pic looks awsome too: PIC's too big for forum rules