Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Lets find the common ground.

I need to know the average ambient temp, case choice and component choice) to design (through AutoCAD, of course), the optimal configuration which would suit you best.

You call yourself a Geek Mistress, but have you ever considered yourself a equasitional deliberator? ;)

heh, nice thoughts on the mods AceGoober, i was actually considering drilling out the rivets on my PSU cage, but i hadn't studied it enough yet. i am concerned it's a structural piece. but it would be nice to run two BIX Dual rads; one for potentially, in the future, for dual vid cards and the chipset, then the other for a pelted cpu (even could run a triple BIX up top for that pelt).

i've also been wanting to mod the side door to fit a bigger fan than the 80mm in there. not for more air pushing into the case, but to disrupt the hot air hanging around the vid card, memory, and mosfets. i was figuring on using one of those 80 to 120 adapters for pulling the air in and modding it so the sides have about figer wide slits in them as this is mainly going to be a recirulator to create turbulance around the hot spots. i was even thinking of cutting and 80mm hole in the side grill anf placing one of those tubes that look like they belong on a sub woofer box so it has more outside air intake, but i don't think that necessary as i just want a 120 so it's wide enough to create an airflow path onto the hot spots for turbulance, then the 120's i've got for intakes and exhaust will do the rest. my only concern is will it be in the way of my water cooling tubing, i already know it'll fit with ease in front of the agp card.

ahhh, mods, mods, and more mods. :)

TGM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets find the common ground.

I need to know the average ambient temp, case choice and component choice) to design (through AutoCAD, of course), the optimal configuration which would suit you best.

You call yourself a Geek Mistress, but have you ever considered yourself a equasitional deliberator? ;)

huh? do you mean inquisitional deliberator?

and before i took apart my case for my new system and water, the case temp was around 27C at a room temp of 71F ....but that temp was without all the new fanage i'm going to have now. that was with just the stock fanage that came with the case, plus i had that air cooled pelt so my case ran warm.

TGM

Nice setups everyone! :)

I'm in the process of mapping the CM Stacker in AutoCAD. Going to do some major rework which will include the following:

- slight alterations of the motherboard mounting plate to include vents for cooling

- removal of the upper PSU cage (getting a PCP&C 1KW to replace the 2 PSUs I have now)

- chassis reinforcement to compensate for removal of the upper PSU cage

- create easy access channels to hide wiring

- modification of the right side access panel for a 140mm fan

- implementation of directed laser LED lights

- implementation of two BIXIII radiators

- mounting points for two pumps

And maybe more.

the first or second gen?

and will you be producing these also? i might (no would definately) be interested in anything that's easily swappable (mbtray, lower vent, ect...)

OOOOOOHHHHHhhhh mr 1KW fancy schmancy!!! WooT WooT! J/K i'm just jealous, NEED MORE POWWARRR!!!!

Update!!

Night Shot!!!

hehe :)

I made said statement based only upon other members posts for which you have responded to.

Basically, I am just seeing what your results, and responses are, from your examination of theirs, and yours, particular situation.

I honestly want to know the various variables to your climate for which the equipment being run is subjected to.

Don't worry, I am viewing everyone's response to their particular situation.

In no way is it meant to single you out.

Please forgive me if it comes across that way.

huh? do you mean inquisitional deliberator?

and before i took apart my case for my new system and water, the case temp was around 27C at a room temp of 71F ....but that temp was without all the new fanage i'm going to have now. that was with just the stock fanage that came with the case, plus i had that air cooled pelt so my case ran warm.

TGM

GS,

try routing your electrical and data cable around the backside of the hard drive cages. and from the PSU to where the cables need to come out at to connect things up, try routing then behind the motherboard, in bewteen the mobo tray mount and the back side case door.

looking better tho :) ...did you order any of those cables i linked you to yet?

TGM

I haven't yet, but I do have a shopping cart ready to be ordered, as soon as I get a job, and I've been holding off on getting a job because I'm applying for a scholorship at a music school and needed the extra time to play guitar. But the audition is on Friday and I've got a great job in mind (and I've got connections too), so it won't be long now. :nod:

That'll be when I unleash my economical power on society, muahahahaha :D

Here is my new Stacker 830 case. Check it out.

Stacker830-1.jpg

Stacker830-2.jpg

Stacker830-3.jpg

Stacker830-4.jpg

Stacker830-5L.jpg

I had some problems fitting in the top 12cm radiator. The fan bracket had to be modded so that the radiator could be placed flush against the fan. Moreover, my OCZ 600W Powerstream PSU is too long and can not be screwed to the case -- it hangs out the rear of the case by ~1.5". The case holds 9HDs - 4 in the 4-in-3 frame, 4 in the Back Plane and 1 in the I-Star removable tray. This machine is watercooled by an Asetek Waterchill 3/8" system - CPU, Video, Chipset, dual 120 radiators, Extreme pump and reservoir. There are 3x12cm fans and 1x8cm fan in the case.

What do you guys think.

cjoe