Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

yes, but for me, i'd still buy the asetek extreme kit but with only the cpu block. then i'd grab a DD gpu block and some low profile chipset block. the "one size fits all" generic gpu and chipset blocks were a disappointment. in fact i have to mod my X800 to have the gpu block sit flush to the gpu surface and i have to replace the chipset fittings for elbows b/c of that 45 degree angle of the gpu block fittings. *sighs*

but, it was a simple all in one kit and the copper base's are of very high quality. i just wish they hadn't gone with the generic gpu and chipset waterblocks. but that's what you get when you buy a "all in one" kit.

but, i'll run it the way it is for now, with my mods, and then when i upgrade to the AM2 socket 333mhz bus DDR2-667 mem, and dual PCIe vid cards; i'll buy new gpu waterblocks, new chipset block, and the OCZ phase change for my cpu (which is actually cheaper then my water cooling kit, heh).

TGM

Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you were going to put a new Asetek kit in your Stacker. I didn't realize that you had purchased it already.

I totally agree with your sentiments concerning the generic waterblocks. I tried several other waterblocks and wasn't very happy with their performance either.

Yeah, I thought about phase change and waterchillers. I even purchased a waterchiller system but decided not to install it due to condensation issues. The thought insulating the tubing/motherboard and removing dielectric grease from the CPU socket later totally put me off.

The advantage of my current WC system allows it to run 24/7 if need be. I don't think running Phase Change or chillers 24/7 is safe or feasable yet. MTBF for these enthusiast parts are probably not comparable to true heavy duty commercial systems.

cjoe

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Blooz1 wanted to see pics of my case i figured i might as well post them here they are

<---------------------------------------------->

any who if you want any more pics ill be glad to take them for you

yah jacob, let us see the inside sorting of wires and cables that you've done.

the nose knows no blows ;) looks like a nose to me too, hehe

TGM

It looks a lot like a nose. :P

In fact, it's giving me an idea :shake:

Anyway, I think it looks awesome, but then again I'm the kind of person who'd make a case look like a nose on purpose - it's my style. :sweat:

TGM: You said something about routing wires behind the motherboard tray, but I don't seem to have a lot of room back there. Is it still enough do you think? How much space behind the motherboard do you need?

It looks a lot like a nose. :P

In fact, it's giving me an idea :shake:

Anyway, I think it looks awesome, but then again I'm the kind of person who'd make a case look like a nose on purpose - it's my style. :sweat:

TGM: You said something about routing wires behind the motherboard tray, but I don't seem to have a lot of room back there. Is it still enough do you think? How much space behind the motherboard do you need?

yes, there's enough room. how i do it is with duct tape. i'll flatten the wires out as it goes over the bend of the mobo tray and then tape them down to the back of the mobo tray also. i've done this on 6 cases now, all the way down from a cheapy $20 case all the way up to an expensive $240 case. also, i use the grey duct tape b/c it blends into the shett metal best.

TGM

yes, there's enough room. how i do it is with duct tape. i'll flatten the wires out as it goes over the bend of the mobo tray and then tape them down to the back of the mobo tray also. i've done this on 6 cases now, all the way down from a cheapy $20 case all the way up to an expensive $240 case. also, i use the grey duct tape b/c it blends into the shett metal best.

TGM

I see, do you have to remove the motherboard to get behind it at all?

I'm a bit confused. Isn't that link is pointing to this same very thread?

cjoe

A mod moved another thread into this one, so that statement is somewhat confusing now. :)

By the way...prepare yourselves. I FINALLY got around to taking some pictures. :rolleyes:

Ok well I know a few of you have wanted to see how I did my watercooling in my case, so here's some pics. I'm using a Lian-Li V2000 that has been slightly modded. Don't mind the dust...

openside2mb.jpg

backside9fd.jpg

bottom7hm.jpg

A couple interior shots of the motherboard, gpu, etc...

inside19an.jpg

inside29bj.jpg

Water pump and PSU...hope she never leaks... :rolleyes:

npsu7zr.jpg

Radiator fans, set inside the top of my case to reduce height somewhat. 3x120mm Vantec Stealths that are very quiet. You can barely feel air moving through the top but it sucks quite a bit through...

radfans2uy.jpg

4x80mm fans cooling ram and mosfets...

dustyfans5nf.th.jpg

And now some of the accompanying sound system, first we've got a Harman/Kardon Citation 16 power amp from the 70's...

citation162aq.th.jpg

And a NAD 7225PE preamp...with a 7800GTX 512MB card just hangin out...

nadand78008fq.th.jpg

And altogether now...

nspeakers3wf.th.jpg

Here is my new toy.

Thats very orange, is that gonna be available to everyone?

By the way, how much success have you guys has with those new Ati waterblocks, I might have to throw one into my system soon. Damn fan is loud as hell and doesn't cool worth a damn.