Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

Even if I cook you a hellatious meal and wash the dishes...???? :P

ok you guys, lol..... i'm not everyone's maid :P lol .....for free lol

That's gonna be shweet!

I have the CM Stacker as well. Made a couple of 'modifications' to allow mounting the motherboard in BTX style. Very good airflow with the setup.

Are you going to get the crossflow fan as well?

- Asetek Waterchill (cpu, chipset, vid card blocks; BIX Dual)

- LP UT NF3 250GB mobo (and i refuse to use tho fugly yellow data cables)

- A64 Mobile 4000+ Newark

- 2x512 G.Skill TCCD PC3200/4800 1GBLA

- X800XT-PE

- 2xRaptors in Raid0 SATA

- 1xSamsung Spinpoint 160GB Pata

- 1xLite-On CD-RW PATA

- fan controller with CCFL and my front case ports plugged in

- Enemax 550 watt PSU with too many unneded cables (grrr)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ho,ho,ho, hoo....! now we'r talkin! LOL JK JK dont hate me :) see what happen when ur the only female here? :drool: lol well if u clean pc i'll treat u a nice dinner :P howszat? but sorry cythrawl, no slave allowed...... :sweat:

btw, uncledave is almost as neat as you are.... feel challenged? lol

Alright, then, how much would you charge to come over and tidy up the wiring in my PC?

By the way, how old are you? :P

Alright, here's the inside of my rig:

IMG_1403.jpg

I've come accross a few problems now that I've been up and running a bit:

1. I'm not satisfied with the power of the CPU fan. The heat sink is cool to the touch so it must be doing its job, yet it seems to be moving ridiculously slow. I'm planning on getting a new heat sink and fan, preferably something stylish.

2. I only have one PATA HDD, so the second connector on the IDE cable gets in the way. What I should do is plug the HDD into the plug closest to the motherboard plug. But I'd rather get another SATA HDD and scrap the PATA. The thing is almost six years old.

3. One of the small heat sinks on my video card fell off and I'm not sure how to readhere it. That section of the card is noticeably hotter than the rest of it.

4. My dad's Dell is a minute and ten faster than me in the 32M Super Pi challenge and I want to close that gap. :)

Guest SuppA-SnipA

this is some nice comps i see guys, amazing heres mine

DSCN0249.jpg

DSCN0247.jpgDSCN0256.jpg

ITS AMAZING AT NIGHT WITH ONE CATHODE:d

Even if I cook you a hellatious meal and wash the dishes...???? :P

That's gonna be shweet!

I have the CM Stacker as well. Made a couple of 'modifications' to allow mounting the motherboard in BTX style. Very good airflow with the setup.

Are you going to get the crossflow fan as well?

yah, i bought the crossflow fan with the case back about 6 months ago.

and yes, i do love a delicious meal :)

TGM

oh ho,ho,ho, hoo....! now we'r talkin! LOL JK JK dont hate me :) see what happen when ur the only female here? :drool: lol well if u clean pc i'll treat u a nice dinner :P howszat? but sorry cythrawl, no slave allowed...... :sweat:

btw, uncledave is almost as neat as you are.... feel challenged? lol

no, not feeling challenged, just in good company :)

TGM

Guest Milkshake

@Boosted420a: beautiful. I am getting a watercooling setup also, and I can only realy fit a single radiator in my case. So what kind of temps do you get with that single rad?

@Boosted420a: beautiful. I am getting a watercooling setup also, and I can only realy fit a single radiator in my case. So what kind of temps do you get with that single rad?

Thx,

with 2 instances of prime running at priority 10, my temps peaked at 40C @ 2.8ghz according to smart gaurdian and MBM5.

And also this radiator can be mounted to the outside too if you prefer that way.

Alright, then, how much would you charge to come over and tidy up the wiring in my PC?

By the way, how old are you? :P

Alright, here's the inside of my rig:

IMG_1403.jpg

I've come accross a few problems now that I've been up and running a bit:

1. I'm not satisfied with the power of the CPU fan. The heat sink is cool to the touch so it must be doing its job, yet it seems to be moving ridiculously slow. I'm planning on getting a new heat sink and fan, preferably something stylish.

2. I only have one PATA HDD, so the second connector on the IDE cable gets in the way. What I should do is plug the HDD into the plug closest to the motherboard plug. But I'd rather get another SATA HDD and scrap the PATA. The thing is almost six years old.

3. One of the small heat sinks on my video card fell off and I'm not sure how to readhere it. That section of the card is noticeably hotter than the rest of it.

4. My dad's Dell is a minute and ten faster than me in the 32M Super Pi challenge and I want to close that gap. :)

well, it sounds like you need to buy some new parts to optimise your space. like maybe an 18" single pata cable, then you'd not have to deal with a second connector. and don't plug it into the middle connector, thats the secondary connector, not primary, and if you're running your hdd on Cable Select, you'll be messing things up. i'd suggest getting the copper shielded clear plastic rounded pata cables, they are very flexible and blend in well.

your case looks a bit dusty, maybe your fan only needs a bit of white grease in it. do you know how to take apart a fan?

you could use a very very tiny ammount of super glue in the corners of the tiny heatsink that fell off and use a tiny dab of grease in the middle. just set the card on it's backside from the chip and make sure it's level, then place a paper weight on top till it cures. or there's places that you can buy a TIM that's double sided sticky and stick it back on.

you should definitely use a low pressure air hose on your case, the canned air isn't going to help you out. i'd go down to the local garage or tire shop and ask if you can use thier air hose, just make sure to set the pressure to around 50psi max.

TGM