Official CASE pic thread! 56k BEWARE!!

I'll link to it (too lazy to resize lol)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/akai-...ei/IMG_1418.jpg

I took out the fan that was sitting in the upper 3.5" drive bay. I plugged the double-sided molex from the fan in the lower drive bay into my PATA HDD and the SLI molex into that, rather than having the wire from that fan go all the way into my case. I've got one 3-molex/1-FDD wire going into the heart of my case, and that one I routed behind the motherboard. It comes out the bottom, and the molex furthest up the cable can be seen sticking out from behind the board (since the connector's a little too big to fit behind there). Where it come out of the board I plugged my two exhaust and the lowest intake fan into the second molex, and plugged the last molex along with the FDD into the mobo itself. I still haven't gotten the $$ I need to make that order (for the round cables and some lights), but with my guitar audition over I'll be getting a job soon, and I'll hopefully make the order in the next couple of months.

I've also done extensive modification on the fans themselves, specifically the wiring. Originally the fans came with a molex and a 3-pin connector, but I found that all the extra wire was getting in the way, so I shortened the wires according to their placement, removed the yellow wire, and reconnected the molex only. In two instances, two fans were in very close proximity (the exhaust fans, and the two intake fans in the 5.25" array), so what I did was solder the two fans together leaving about an inch of wire from each fan, and this way have only one wire going to two fans.

ah, you have one of those Chenming clone cases. my friend Mazon, on these forums, has one and i've helped in assembling his components. they're good strong thick material cases, but they're a bit too small if you're looking at doing a lot of mod, IMHO. specially if you have raid0 and a spare hdd since the 80mm hdd fans force the hdd themselves outwards toward the mobo. i really doutb you could run a 7800GTX or X1900XT in that case. it's just doesn't have the depth for it. nice case fit for yesterdays hardware tho :)

i love my CM Stacker. before i got this case i was using my YY Cube and b4 that i had the Lite-On FS020 server case, that thing was huge! lol

TGM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, you have one of those Chenming clone cases. my friend Mazon, on these forums, has one and i've helped in assembling his components. they're good strong thick material cases, but they're a bit too small if you're looking at doing a lot of mod, IMHO. specially if you have raid0 and a spare hdd since the 80mm hdd fans force the hdd themselves outwards toward the mobo. i really doutb you could run a 7800GTX or X1900XT in that case. it's just doesn't have the depth for it. nice case fit for yesterdays hardware tho :)

i love my CM Stacker. before i got this case i was using my YY Cube and b4 that i had the Lite-On FS020 server case, that thing was huge! lol

TGM

It's bigger than a Dell :P

But I'm planning on building my own out of acrylic like that guy in the mod forum is. Plus this thing is about 6 years old (not that cases wear out but it's just old lol)

The case is like 17" wide minus the front panel, and about 20" tall. I'm planning on building something considerably larger, and getting that heavy PSU on the bottom of the case too.

It's bigger than a Dell :P

But I'm planning on building my own out of acrylic like that guy in the mod forum is. Plus this thing is about 6 years old (not that cases wear out but it's just old lol)

The case is like 17" wide minus the front panel, and about 20" tall. I'm planning on building something considerably larger, and getting that heavy PSU on the bottom of the case too.

who mentioned a dell?

anywho, i meant the depth of the case as in from the front facia to the rear exhuast fan.

yah, that acrylic case he built is wikkid awesome aye.

here's a pic of my old Lite-On FS020 with my P4 1.6a to 2.9GHz OC on the stock HSF! this is the largest case i have ever owned. it could hold a Quad Xeon 8gig ram and quad raid 0+1 with an AGP PRO slot card. it was too big for me, so i sold it and got my YY Cube. but i have several computers sitting around, prolly about 5 that would be considered still usable with todays software enviroment.

Lite-On FS020

inside.jpg

TGM

who mentioned a dell?

anywho, i meant the depth of the case as in from the front facia to the rear exhuast fan.

yah, that acrylic case he built is wikkid awesome aye.

here's a pic of my old Lite-On FS020 with my P4 1.6a to 2.9GHz OC on the stock HSF! this is the largest case i have ever owned. it could hold a Quad Xeon 8gig ram and quad raid 0+1 with an AGP PRO slot card. it was too big for me, so i sold it and got my YY Cube. but i have several computers sitting around, prolly about 5 that would be considered still usable with todays software enviroment.

Lite-On FS020

inside.jpg

TGM

Nobody mentioned a Dell lol, I was just saying it was tight but not tiny. But I do agree that it's extremely tight, and I can't really even remove the bottom 3.5" drive bay with the HDDs in it, without bending the graphics card down slightly. The depth is what I meant by 17". How deep is that case? And how deep would you reccomend minimum when I build my acrylic? I'm redesigning my desk too so it's a good thing to take into consideration, lol

well, i don't have the Lite-On case anymore, it was waaay to big, so i sold it and used the money for my YY Cube.

but i just measured two of my cases. one is the shortest depth i like in a case, and the other is my Cooller Master Stacker. so the measurements are 18"~22" in depth. i believe this basically runs the gaumet of new case design demensions. personally, i love the 22" depth of my CM Stacker. it's also a 120mm rear exhuast case so it's got nice width of 8" but 9" would be nice too.

TGM

well, i don't have the Lite-On case anymore, it was waaay to big, so i sold it and used the money for my YY Cube.

but i just measured two of my cases. one is the shortest depth i like in a case, and the other is my Cooller Master Stacker. so the measurements are 18"~22" in depth. i believe this basically runs the gaumet of new case design demensions. personally, i love the 22" depth of my CM Stacker. it's also a 120mm rear exhuast case so it's got nice width of 8" but 9" would be nice too.

TGM

I see, how tall is your stacker?

• 2 weeks later...