evga 780i mobo looks impressive!

Well i read on one of the new egg forum thats the 780i only supports the 8800 GTX not any of the other 8 series cards :( suchs for my 8800 GTS but i'm waiting for the 750i to come out so I can return my Asus P5E!

Anyone know when the 750i is comming out!?

What kind of rubbish is that? Jeez man, you need to start READING! 3-way SLI is only supported by the 8800GTX or Ultra, the 780i supports ANY pci-e or pci video card! Sometimes it helps to try to understand what you're reading...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of rubbish is that? Jeez man, you need to start READING! 3-way SLI is only supported by the 8800GTX or Ultra, the 780i supports ANY pci-e or pci video card! Sometimes it helps to try to understand what you're reading...

Apparently it will also be possible with the 8800GT. Guess that'll be something to look forward to in the coming months.

Any idea if DFI is making a 780i board >?..

I'd prefer to go with DFI over EVga but if there not making a board I'll end up with ethier a Evga or some other brand

You mean nvidia... evga, xfx, biostar and all the other nvidia partnered video card distributors simply stick there label on the boards. The 680i and 780is are the reference designs if labeled by these companies, manufactured by foxconn.

DFI and Asus, I believe, tweak the design. It took quite awhile for the 3rd party 680is to come out.... So I doubt you'll see any other 780is for awhile.

So how's that one coming along then Rehit? ;)

it will probably be Thursday before i have time to start putting it back together and playing with it.

most of the "unfun" part of routing all the wires is done, but i do have to wire all these Yate Loon fans Bleeble talked me into... :rolleyes:

EVGA had 780i boards this morning, but they are already gone.

there was just the one EVGA 780i at Motherboard Pro, but it is gone as well.

you can always call, and ask for Mike...

get him to grab the 1st one that comes in, and call you back.

he is a great guy and took very good care of me.

i do not know why anyone would walk away from the lifetime warranty and great customer service at EVGA over anyone.

my one experience with DFI was quite unpleasant.

Well I ment to say 3 way SLI only works with the high end 768MB models (or newer models) and not under because the older cards only have 1 prong for the sli wire...... or somthing like that.....

Edited by privateapples

I just barely got this thing from newegg before they sold out. Soon as I submitted my order I refreshed and it was no longer even on their website! Says it shipped I just hope its not another buy.com or amazon fiasco where it "shipped" but it doesn't ship. I really want my board and will be posting back with some numbers once I get a chance to test it!

BTW thanks kingdingaling and privateapples for clearing that up. I freaked out just A LOT when I read it would only work with the GTX since I have a GTS. That would have been a serious problem!

Edited by Ghost_Machine

So does anyone else think changing the name and charging more money for the same product is less than impressive? :rolleyes: And what about people that don't give a damn about tri-SLI but want three PCI slots for their sound card, wireless card, and gigabit NIC? :lol:

it will probably be Thursday before i have time to start putting it back together and playing with it.

most of the "unfun" part of routing all the wires is done, but i do have to wire all these Yate Loon fans Bleeble talked me into... :rolleyes:

/hijack

So how do you like those Yate Loons now that you've got them? :D