evga 780i mobo looks impressive!

they are still laying on the bench in a pile of wires...

i will let you know Thursday when i get it all wired.

there was Tri-SLI on the DFI board that died on me.

i am going to wait for the growing pains of the 780i to subside before i get one.

i do not need one until i can afford another 8800GTX card anway.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a call from the motherboard pro guys and they asked me if it was a christmas gift or anything like that and I say yes it was for me. The board is being shipped out from cali to georgia so he told me eta is either before christmas day or after christmas day. kind of a bummer. i was hoping to get it by this friday :(

So does anyone else think changing the name and charging more money for the same product is less than impressive? :rolleyes: And what about people that don't give a damn about tri-SLI but want three PCI slots for their sound card, wireless card, and gigabit NIC? :lol:

Tri-SLI worked on the 680i already if you remember the news posts ;) Also, who wants a PCI slot for a Gigabit NIC when you already have two integrated? ;)

I got a call from the motherboard pro guys and they asked me if it was a christmas gift or anything like that and I say yes it was for me. The board is being shipped out from cali to georgia so he told me eta is either before christmas day or after christmas day. kind of a bummer. i was hoping to get it by this friday :(

all you had to do was pony up the cash.

i had them next day my DFI board from California for an extra $40.

of course that was certainly a waste when the board died 24 hours later...

the ASUS board was in Atlanta and was at my door at noon the next day via FedEX ground.

Tri-SLI worked on the 680i already if you remember the news posts ;) Also, who wants a PCI slot for a Gigabit NIC when you already have two integrated? ;)

Because discrete NICs have all that fancy hardware processing/acceleration, integrated does not. :P