Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok one more question. freeing up space, like. windows wont let me make a separate partition (got loads already) but will vmware just ask for a set amount of space on that partition, say 10gb for example, and install ubuntu inside that?

what i mean to say is this: if a 50gb partition is being occupied with 10gb ubunut/vmware, will the remaining 40gb be accessible to windows?

The fox is in business. After some farting about, Ubuntu is installed (and looks rather nice I must say) and folding is operational - at the moment at about 7minutes per 1% (no overclock on my E6600). I will report back in due course!

Thanks everyone, for your help with this. It was rather easy really - it MUST be if I can do it. I = teh Linux n00bletness

:lol:

SMP Folding FTW!

No Support for Catalyst 7.1 for GPU Folding FTL!! I don't want to downgrade to 6.11 again! Its such a hassle all the time, driver cleaning, rebooting blablabla :(

What sort of PPD are the X1950XT cards pushing? i'm on Cat 6.12...compatible?

What sort of PPD are the X1950XT cards pushing? i'm on Cat 6.12...compatible?
Due to all the complexities of support, we will support only versions 6.5, 6.10, and 6.11. Version 6.12 does not work correctly, but we are expecting that the 7.x series to solve that problem.
GPU FAQ

installing vmware tools stops the clock from drifting, and gives you a load more vga resolutions

here's my guide for noobs (i'm a linux noob)

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...st&p=661994

you have a slippy clock? might wanna see the doctor about that...haha...nah, my clock is all of 1 min out but WAS fine before, so i think i may follow your guide there chappy