Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

I've seen a lot of claims of PPD counts in the thousands, but so far I'm not seeing it on the OCC ranking stats. Nrg listed about 700ish last night. Don't get me wrong, that's up from 450-500 IIRC, but it's still a far cry from 3100. Are you sure these calculations you guys are doing are really being realized in your point production?

Don't get me wrong, adding a a couple tens of thousands of points to OCC's dailies would be awesome, but I'm just curious if you're really seeing it in your online stats.

If a single dual-core AMD @ 2.8ish can really crank out 1000+ ppd reliably, that's going to totally change the face of folding.

nrgs system time in ubuntu was fubared :lol:

but check out my stats notice the large bump in my stats, from a single 700pointer which only took me 6 hours to do. Only thing is, my computer is only on 6 hours a day soo :( But I'll have a 700-1000 PPD from here on out :D

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Are you sure these calculations you guys are doing are really being realized in your point production?

... I'm just curious if you're really seeing it in your online stats.

If a single dual-core AMD @ 2.8ish can really crank out 1000+ ppd reliably, that's going to totally change the face of folding.

lol, yes... 3100 ppd, if a day was about 80 hours... now my ubuntu time is the same as earth time lol, and my total ppd on three rigs is like 900-1000

you can quite clearly see the jump here:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/use...?s=&u=84459

i think my ppd has gone from 270-400 to around 800-1000 on the 170... maximum, naturally... i do actually use my main rig for stuff other than folding lol

Edited by hardnrg

The machine I put it on as dual boot got errors in Ubuntu when I accidentally set the RAM to run at 1:1 with DDR4200 at a 3.55ghz speed. Thats what I get for having 2 rigs with the same case and both Gigabyte M.B. bios is the same and after all that OCing setting RAM 1:1 on 1 machine I done it to the wrong machine. I had to reinstall it, its working again as of about 30 minutes ago.

Edited by road-runner

my vmware keeps hanging and not folding :(. when and if i get more time i may just dual boot with ubuntu

yeah, vmware is kind of a pain :(

BUT I got two of those 3xxx WUs done in less than 11 hours :D * wonders if I should leave comp. on 24/7

yeah, vmware is kind of a pain :(

BUT I got two of those 3xxx WUs done in less than 11 hours :D * wonders if I should leave comp. on 24/7

Well duh - of course you should leave it on 24/7!! :foldon:

My VMware seems to be working out pretty well so far also, but I still want to install Ubuntu as the main OS on a spare drive to see the difference. I will also up my OC for when I do. I really want to be in the top 10, and I'm so close!

post-17120-1170152044_thumb.jpg

it seems like my Ubuntu is working just fine, I submitted a WU earlier today (checking from school right now). I have yet to have any problems with Ubuntu that I can't fix.

[edit]

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/use...s=&u=179708

You see the nice jump from 600-800 points per day to 1400 and above? THATS what SMP folding does :D