Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, do you think I could get away with installing this on my laptop that has a T7200 C2D and 2GB memory? Might make it a tad warmish...

Ya never know. VMware only gets between 80-85% of the CPU so it may stay a little cooler than if it were Folding two Winders clients. Do you have any temp monitoring software on it (or any other way to keep an eye on its' temps)?

just put it somewhere cold :D

May have to ask Nerm for some room in his cold storage space.

Anybody know if speedfan or Everest will work on a Gateway CX210X? Guess it's time to do a little Google searching..

Edit: Mobile Meter says it's running at 59*C - that's with a single instance of folding running right now.

Edited by Nemo

What the heck, why not? I just so happen to have 26 minutes left on the WU that's processing right now. I'll give her a go and see what happens. If it overheats, well that's why I bought the 3-yr warranty, right? :ph34r:

Edited by Nemo

What the heck, why not? I just so happen to have 26 minutes left on the WU that's processing right now. I'll give her a go and see what happens. If it overheats, well that's why I bought the 3-yr warranty, right? :ph34r:

Right! Its always good to buy the extended warranty on a laptop as much abuse as they get, well some of them anyway.

Smp nooblet reporting for duty :D I added 2 CD2 rigs & trying to get a Pent-D 950 to join the fight (being stubborn)

Welcome to teh SMP goodness! I've noticed that you were quick to nab a top ten spot. Congrats, and good luck with the stubborn ones! :foldon:

Smp nooblet reporting for duty :D I added 2 CD2 rigs & trying to get a Pent-D 950 to join the fight (being stubborn)

You came out of nowhere! Great job!!

I just completed my first SMP WU that I started this morning - 587 points in a little over 16 hours vs. about 280 ppd folding 2 instances of the 212x series proteins.