Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any problems with the install?

Mine keeps hanging at 67% complete. I have pulled out my RAID PCI card and disabled Raid on 2 other drives on the board. Can't think of anything else it could be. Maybe Norton?

One of my machines this one hung for a long time I finally just rebooted it and it said remove the cd and it loaded and worked ok.

Ubuntu is hanging. I've tried everything. If I reboot it it just goes to a black screen with blinking cursor. Though there is HDD activity initially (I left it alone for 30 mins) nothing happens.

Argh!

So I finally got around to getting VMWare + Ubuntu set up and working on the Opteron 250 since it is a Rev. E4 :) I'm not sure I have VMTools set up correctly though. When you launch VMTools, which was is the Synch checkbox supposed to be - a raised button looking thing for checked, or a hollow square for checked?

Anyway, I have to wait another day or so for the existing work units to finish processing and then we'll see what it can do - I doubt it will be anywhere near the output of 'nrg's C2D, but anything is better than processing more 212x's.

I doubt it will be anywhere near the output of 'nrg's C2D, but anything is better than processing more 212x's.

i'd say you stand a good chance at higher output... specially since i don't have any C2D rigs :lol::smack:

nice to see you got vmware+ubuntu sorted out in the end :)

I've seen a lot of claims of PPD counts in the thousands, but so far I'm not seeing it on the OCC ranking stats. Nrg listed about 700ish last night. Don't get me wrong, that's up from 450-500 IIRC, but it's still a far cry from 3100. Are you sure these calculations you guys are doing are really being realized in your point production?

Don't get me wrong, adding a a couple tens of thousands of points to OCC's dailies would be awesome, but I'm just curious if you're really seeing it in your online stats.

If a single dual-core AMD @ 2.8ish can really crank out 1000+ ppd reliably, that's going to totally change the face of folding.