Official Forum Wars Discussion Thread

jammin

What should Vista users do for SuperPi? It doesn't work at all except for rare occasions with the 1m.

It's the 1mb test which is required.

If you can't get it to work on Vista for some reason then you'll need find another way, even if it's just dual booting XP for a while.

Remember you can use any OS for any of the benches.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32bit Home Premium but I did find one that does work but it's very slow. 32sec for a single instance on a e4300 @ 3.2ghz is laughable to say the least.

If only my xp disc didn't get ruined <_<

Install Ubuntu 7.04 32bit and have a dual boot

AFAIK SuperPi 1.5 (or later) doesn't work on Linux?

Can anyone confirm this?

Also an important note about the stock scoring phase:

Once you post a stock score, you are locked into the system config you used to post the score. No changing or upgrading components after that.

So if you are planning on upgrading anything for the war, make sure it's all done before you post a stock score (you have until July 20th to get a score in).

Also, I would try and get a score in a couple of days before the deadline if you can, to allow for any problems you may have. :)

I was reading the rules also and it said if you enter two rigs the second rig has to be of a lesser cpu and lesser graphics card I think? All I have is the 2900XT, I have the lesser cpu but not a VC. If this is true I will only be running one rig I guess :(

Hey guys do you think Raid 0 with two 36 GB Raptors would improve Superpi scores? I am using one raptor at the moment but have another one thats not being used so I was thinking about setting up raid 0 if it would help a little.

Hey guys do you think Raid 0 with two 36 GB Raptors would improve Superpi scores? I am using one raptor at the moment but have another one thats not being used so I was thinking about setting up raid 0 if it would help a little.

Why not? Besides it should definitely help with the rest of the benches.

as much as i was looking forward to this...

i will not be able to participate.

i cannot run aquamark on 64 bit xp.

for some reason they dropped 3d06 and replaced it with aquamark...

as much as i was looking forward to this...

i will not be able to participate.

i cannot run aquamark on 64 bit xp.

for some reason they dropped 3d06 and replaced it with aquamark...

:withstupid: Argh!

Jammin, are we allowed to run different benchmarks on different OSs? I too plan on running these benches on XP Pro x64. If so, I will just run Aquamark on 2000 and everything else on XP Pro x64.

Edited by The Unforgivin