Official Forum Wars Discussion Thread

jammin

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id say you can change until the last day of the stock phase

Thats what I thought the rules say no changes during the contest and on stock scoring you just update the scores that you need to before the contest starts. Ok thats the only reason I had not posted any yet and I probably will not change anything anyway. I guess I will go ahead and run some benchmarks and post them. :)

yeah what i got was if you change anything you just update the scores and then we update them in the database. but only for the stock phase. as soon as stock is over youre locked into that config.

yeah what i got was if you change anything you just update the scores and then we update them in the database. but only for the stock phase. as soon as stock is over youre locked into that config.

Ok well Jammin needs to update that on the score page and I will try to run some in a little while if I get away from the TV that is...

Ok, I'll have to admit I'm confused now.

Don't know if this has been asked already, but I couldn't be bothered to check the whole thread (yes I'm lazy.. lol)

I'm assuming the no upgrade rule covers the stock score phase of the competition as well?

Basically, if you post a score during the stock phase, are you then locked into that config or can you still change it up before July 20th and post a new score?

Just want to know if I need to tell team members to wait on new hardware before entering.

When you post, your locked in....

From HERE

Can you see why? :lol:

I'll see if I can get Raymo to drop in here to clear things up.

Edited by jammin

Ok... if this is open, you should be able to post your STOCK scores for Forum Wars 2007.....

You can change or update your rig until the last day of stock posting, according to the rules.

After that there will be no hardware changes for the duration of the contest (except to mod your rig for UE Class)

well here its even more confusing

from the rules post at TRP

NO UPGRADES during the contest, None... Period! (But RMA's are ok, subject to validation for the same hardware).

so hmm ... Raymo (aka Raptor1 on OCC) where r u?

Edited by neddamttocs

So we just run an initial score at stock or so, just to confirm we are in the competition, and then we will overclock our beastly rigs and repost the official scores during the competition phase?